I got the Splat Blaster! And... - la review

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:47 pm

Terminator 2

Those were the first two words that popped into my head when I saw it :;):

On a few occassions, after pumping, the pump's handle was mistaken for the trigger, except for the fact that pulling it did not result in the blaster firing

I love it! :laugh:

Does the gun have to be pointed level to draw water into the PC? If so, then no Arnold reloading! :(
I was actually thinking that it would be easier to hold the blaster vertically against your body to reload.

USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:07 pm

I noticed a Splat Blast at Kmart and simply had to pick it up. Anyway upon arriving home I noticed one extremely aggrivating flaw: The stock that one gribs is far to small, not I have relatively small hands however I could barely reach all the way around the stock. Thus gripping the gun is rather difficult, Compared to the slim stock of actual shotguns this seems quite silly because if I can't wrap my hand around this water gun how on earth would little kids be able to. The Trigger is also placed awkwarly far foward and my index finer must stretch in order to reach. Another sizing problem is that the hole in the cocking mechanism (intened for three of your fingers) is huge. When rapidly cocking the gun my hand tends to slide back towards the stock and I completely miss the trigger. (a problem not helped by the fowardness of the trigger inside the traditional trigger guard.

Enough of the bad though, while this gun has pitiful range it is clearly not intended to be a long range weapon (though a single pump gun with a confining nozzle and large pc would be ideal). This gun performs the the same function as a normal shotgun, if shot when hopping around a corner anything within a 5-10 foot range is soaked. I believe that this gun has a lot of potential both as a product and for modding. A full size ABS plastic pump shotgun (think airsoft ) that shot water 20-30 feet would be ideal.

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:11 pm

Loved the review isoaker, it covered everything as usual :cool:

About the small stock, I had no trouble with my long spiderlike fingers (creepy, isn't it?) I like the soaker, the range is good for its purpose. I just would like a larger capacity PC, maybe twice or three times the size...

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:59 pm

Only twice to three times increased PC? IMO, it should be do-able to have the Splat Blaster push out 5x to 10x the current PC volume without having to make too many changes to the set-up. So long as the range was at least 15' for the bulk of the spray, I think for this type of soaker, volume pushed is what counts most. Even if the soaker was only able to pull off a few shots, as long as those shots were significant, that'd be sweet. The Splat Blaster has great potential. Even for its first incarnation, it's not so bad, either.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GJIV

WW Splat Blaster

Post by GJIV » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:23 am

This Soaker looks nice in a way. I would like to know what its "stream" looks like. Does it behave like a real "SHoot gun" ? Does it put out a burst or something like that ? I mean a Shoot-gun Soaker would be nice :D And its nozzle looks horrible big...

Firing pictures or a detailed description of the stream would be great, may you could modfiy its PC, 15 ml is a bit low, what do you think?

Thanks

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: WW Splat Blaster

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:17 am

Here is a video of it shooting.

I don't have one, but I don't think it would be of much use other than close range combat.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:54 pm

I think you could tune this Soaker much, put in a PC with 300-500ml and then "batch", fire it at close range at your opponent...I am sure I could make a great deal out of this gun but actually I do not have one...

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:26 pm

I've been interested in getting one of these. It doesn't have very good range, but reloading is easy. Maybe you could do a spring replacement to make it more powerful, or maybe just mash two Splat Blaster springs together.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:13 pm

If you can replace the spring with a more powerful one and extend PC so it holds 50-100 ml, it could get an interesting and useful shoot gun^^ I have always dreamed of a water shoot gun...haha

May I can get one, then we will throw our ideas together and build up a great Shoot gun, yea ?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:42 pm

That sounds kind of interesting. I'll probably get a Splat Blaster too sometime.

By the way, it's 'shot gun,' not 'shoot gun.'
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Where are they available?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Right now, it's winter and probably won't be availible, but I've seen them at K-Mart.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Haha, ok thanks martin...

Shot gun...:D :D

I will not get one soon...the seller does not send to Austria...grr...