Water War Tactics - A Community Idea

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
TacticalTyphoon

Water War Tactics - A Community Idea

Post by TacticalTyphoon » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:37 am

Heyy everyone. I've been visiting iSoaker for ages but I never created an account. However, on to my actualy point.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with http://www.mindflare.com/water/ , but it is a great site about water fight tactics. The host of the site, who has not updated the site or been on for 7 years, used to post Water Fight scenarios, often accompanied by a diagram made in Paint. Then posters would post their solutions to the scenario, and he would evaluate them.

Since this website was offline, I was wondering if anyone was interested in doing this kind of thing. I would host and then evaluate people's solutions to the scenarios I made.

If you are interested, just say below, and if there's enough support I could start a new thread that would be constantly updated with new scenarios to solve.

:cps1000: :helix:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water War Tactics - A Community Idea

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:32 pm

I remember seeing that site sometime ago though I can't remember exactly what the tactics consisted of. The site is fairly old though and more recent ideas (particularly DX's tactical theory) have been developed, but the site features more on scenarios than tactical ideas.

As for drawing up scenarios, I've been considering that lately as well. However, instead of using just paint diagrams (which lack considerable detail to say the least), I'm going to do it all in 3D. It's possible to use a 3D modeller to create hypothetical battlefields, then uploading enough screenshots to depict the area. However, seeing as how most people don't have the time nor ability to work with 3D modelling, it's also possible to create scenarios within video games. For example, one can load up The Sims 2 and set up a scenario based on the backyard of a house. Players, guns, etc. can be marked into the screenshots after they're taken.

iSoaker has done scenarios (without any visual aid usually) several times. Look through the archived forums to find them.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Cool! I'd love this kind of thing.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

TacticalTyphoon

Post by TacticalTyphoon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:36 am

Well, I could start this thing off with simple Paint diagrams, but if people wanted better to aid understanding, I could always use Halo 3 Screenshots to create several images of a scenario. However, I obviously can't make Halo 3 Spartans hold CPS 1500's etc. so I'd have to put labels on the screenshots in Paint anyway, so that we know which player is holding which weapon.

Anyway, I think I'll create the thread today and start making my first Paint scenario. But yeah, I'll think about using H3 for 3D scenario screenshots.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 am

Welcome to the forums, TacticalTyphoon!

I definitely know Hydrolysis and have been active in the community when that site was still active (man, I feel old :goofy: ). That said, while a great idea, the biggest problem these days is user activity. You may get more replies if you also consider posting a parallel thread a Super Soaker Central. I know there are many who enjoy theoretical tactical problems; the trick is to find them.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:46 am

Posting Halo pictures may be a good idea. I don't really care if its Halo or Paint.

Yay! Don't forget to post it!
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:05 pm

The issue I have with using halo is the lack of being able to put together more realistic water war scenarios. (i.e. no bushes, trees, etc. on the two maps designed for forge: sandbox and foundry; and buildings are somewhat annoying to create) The Sims 2/3 could be better for it but regardless of what you use you'll still have to mark player locations, soakers, etc.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

blasterboy

Post by blasterboy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:06 am

Sounds great!
Would be really help full to unexperienced players and more experienced ones 2!
:blazer:

Mewist2

Post by Mewist2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:26 am

I know this is a bit of a resserection but if you guys wanted I could whip up a 3d map, just ask and I will do a little one as a demo :D