Water Warriors Vanquisher

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Would you recommend this product to another?

Yay (i.e. recommend)
44%
Nay (i.e. don't recommend)
22%
Undecided (i.e. not sure yet)
33%

Total votes: 9

isoaker

Re: Hands-On: Water Warriors Vanquisher

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Not linked to from iSoaker.com just yet, but for those following this thread, here is my main set of Water Warriors Vanquisher pictures.

Enjoy and soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:21 pm

That thing looks amazing. What's the shot time? With a 1.3L PC, and a 3x nozzle, it must be amazing! just for comparison, the Vindicator has ~.5L and the Blazer :blazer: has ~.75L. I need one of these. :P

soakernerd

Re: Water Warriors Vanquisher

Post by soakernerd » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Love it. This thing can shoot for an absolutely absurd amount of time. The pump is also one of the smoothest I have ever used, plus it moves a respectable amount of water.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Isoaker and anyone else in Ontario, where have you gotten your Vanquishers from? Did you buy them online or do stores in your city have them in stock. My walmart usually doesn't stock up until later.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:35 pm

...and for something a little different than usual, here are the Water Warriors Vanquisher Hand Sample images.

The hand sample has the same dimensions as the actual blaster, but obviously lack internals. Not quite sure what sort of plastic/resin it is made of, but it feels like a loaded blaster in terms of overall weight.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Interesting take from BBT there. It kind of reminds me of those video game development documentaries where they display 3D models before their textures/materials are done. With a nice paintjob this one could look really cool. The reservoir/PC must be solid of that material in order to give the weight a bit closer to that of a loaded Vanquisher.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:08 am

Water Warriors Vanquisher review now posted (well, most of it apart from range tests).

Enjoy and soak on!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Regarding the remark of the sharp bottom of the trigger piece, that could easily be fixed if BBT included a trigger guard which is the ideal solution for these applications and not to mention it would significantly improve comfort in the grip overall regardless of how the trigger piece is designed. Perhaps the issue is cost, as the Vanquisher takes more material to manufacture due to it's seperate tank design for better weight balancing.

The review also differers from old reviews from the lack of the inclusion of comparison information to similarly sized blasters. While comparison may not be necessary, it's definately worth noting. (though recent reviews have been like this)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:15 pm

I would advise just waiting. I believe it is quite a bit colder in Ontario than in the USA. Not sure if Target ships out to addresses outside america, but that might be an option if you have relatives in the USA.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Bad link! The disscussion page for the Pulse Force goes here!
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:37 pm

martianshark wrote:Bad link! The disscussion page for the Pulse Force goes here!
Links fixed. Thanks for the heads-up!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 pm

I love the Vanquisher. It's my favorite stock water gun that I own. Especially after I drilled out the fan blast. :crazydance:
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:39 pm

do you have ranges for said drilled nozzle? and do you remember the bit size you used?
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:31 pm

It was 35 ft to the last drop, about 30 ft to actually soak someone, and its output was about 8.5x. I don't know what the bit size was - my bits are so rusty that you can't tell what the lable used to be. I just chose a bit that was a little smaller than the tube used inside the nozzle selector.

EDIT: I was able to see the lable actually. It was 1/4.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:26 pm

30 ft on 8.5x. seems a little... useless. om 3.5x you get more distance and more shot time, and 3 seconds is over that output, and if you did not drill the last nozzle, you could send it back if it were to break. now that it's drilled... let's just say you should hope that thing doesen't break in the off-season. so overall, i personally would not do it. if you are happy with it, that's great for you. not trying to put you down or anything, i'm just saying it's a better idea just to leave it stock.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:50 pm

I guess that's a good reason not to mod stuff around too early, though the reason I never bothered to drill out the Orca's fan blast is because there are already many nozzles that can do the same thing better. You could probably still return it anyway if they don't notice that you've messed around w/ the nozzles.

As for the Vanquisher, a big, low range nozzle would serve well for soakfests and low-range scenarios and is most certainly considerably more useful than the fan blast. Such a nozzle would be a bit akin to a riot blast (but lacking spread and velocity) and useful for quickly soaking at a short range. Most WW's that have a large (approx 6mm, 5x) nozzle get poor range on it but it can saturate faster than the other nozzles. Drilling out the Vanquisher's fan blast should accomplish the same thing.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 pm

It's too late to return it anyway - I threw away the box and I don't know what happened to the reciept. Anyway, if it did break, I could repair it and if that fails, I have a perfectly good giant bladder and some other stuff for future homemades.

ncog

Post by ncog » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:24 am

I think you did the right thing in drilling out the nozzle, an 8.5x nozzle is much better than an abysmal fan blast (even if the 8.5x shoots 30ft, which isn't too bad anyway). What range do you personally get with the 3x martian? I wonder what the maximum output you could get with the Vanquisher would be...Obviously it would yield terrible range but it'd be interesting to know the Vanquisher's output per second limit.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:41 am

i don't plan on it, but to figure it out, just take the selector off.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 pm

This is another soaker that I gave my brother for is birthday. I like this one a lot too. This and the Equalizer are our first WW blasters. So far they've impressed me. The range on this is pretty good, (When compared to my other blasters.) but not excellent. I would have gotten the Vindicator but I haven't seen any in stores this year at all. I don't know about last year, 'cause I didn't know about WW guns then. I just looked for Super Soakers.

I still like it though. It's one of the most powerful guns that we own. It probably only falls behind our Sneak Attack, MD-6000, XP270, and the mighty CPS 2700. It probably gets about the same range as the Equalizer. I would recommend it as a light assault rifle or something. It's a tad uncomfortable though, albeit balanced.

So I voted Yay.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.