Your Main, Favourite, Most Trusted Soaker

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Your Main, Favourite, Most Trusted Soaker

Post by steelboot. » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:45 am

Which soaker that you have truly represents YOU? Which soaker do you use in almost every water fight, that you know so well you swear that it could recite your innermost secrets if under the influence of Truth Potion? (Harry Potter lol)

Well, hypocritical it may seem, I have had two:

OLD: My CPS 1000. Now that it's a 2110 it's not that good anymore and I only use the 11k for heavy duty fights, I have another.

NEW: My 3x nozzle drilled XP 270. Amazing output, sacrificed range but still decent, this thing is EXTREMELY light, and still destroys on the battlefield.

So, what is YOUR Main, Favourite, Most Trusted Soaker? Tell us about it.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

CCCP

Re: Your Main, Favourite, Most Trusted Soaker

Post by CCCP » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:11 pm

My CPS 1200 for sure, not ever getting rid of it. It's truly "me" though. Medium-Duty, good weight to it, great output, with an amazing range.

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Hmm... Was hoping for some more input. Anybody?
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:55 am

I have had a few guns like that:

CPS 21K [the 95 balloon, furry-covered one]
>Like the most awesome water gun ever. It was the farthest-shooting modded water gun ever and still has not been passed, with effective range in the high 50s and last drops over 60. That was the crown jewel of my arsenal and a killing machine that could power right through reeds and bushes. It could also shoot across the entire brook at Waterbridge.

CPS 2500 [the miracle gun]
>Not as fun as the 21K was, but this thing was probably used in more wars than any of my other primaries. Good power, range, tap shot capacity, field life, durability, all-around effective soaker. This was the one painted to resemble reed stalks when held upright. After being repainted and fixed numerous times, I finally traded it.

CPS 12K [the 45 balloon one, currently reduced to 30]
>My favorite gun in the later stages of the Ridgewood Militia's wars, when Waterbridge had some actual firepower and battle tempo was insanely fast. I needed a compact gun with long range and long field life. This was definitely it. However, I'm not sure if I would use it today - I have an 80 balloon 12K that I've never even fired...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:41 pm

I can't say I've stuck to one either. There are 3 that stand out as superior combat blasters in particular. I'll list them in the order that I started using them.

12k: Silver, not sure which M.K., but like all 1200's, has an excellent trigger, and provides potent shots.

Friend's 2500: Most potent, but also slightly trickier to handle than lighter guns. In most cases however, it's worth it as it's stock power is at least equivilent to that of smaller k-modded weaponry.

Older 12: Silver: After some sorely needed repairs, this one became a somewhat formidable blaster. The pump was having problems, but with a little silicone lube, it glides so quickly now, working much better than my other 12k, which the lube didn't help as much on. I also had to push in the seal on the cap, otherwise it kept leaking. The issue's been resolved and this remains my favorite medium blaster.

All my k-mods are light, usually totaling no more than 30-35 balloons. I didn't count and memorize them though.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Sun

Post by Sun » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:44 pm

My APH. :)

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:15 am

There are a handful.

CPS 2500: I used these a handful of times. Loved the soaker more every time I got to use it. Power, range, man that thing had it all.
CPS 2700mk1: Power power power. All in an aesthetically pleasing package.
SC 600: It just kept shooting and shooting and shooting. Maybe I got a defective one, but I could pull the trigger and it would take about 30 seconds to empty the PC. I loved that feature.
WW Pirahna: Compact but with decent power for its size. This little rifle could dish out a soaking.
Storm 750: These pistols only break under extreme duress. I could count on pulling the trigger and getting a nice stream out of these guns each and every time.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:14 pm

The Piranha I got off eBay a few years ago was horrible. Ridiculously underpowered, my Max-D 6000 could do much better, and the trigger ended up having problems. Heck, I'd rather use the XP 270, which has comparable power to the Piranha but is much smaller. Perhaps I just got a bad one, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat