Picking up the pieces... - And applying the adhesive...

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:50 am

Back on the Soaker Topic, what are you wanting to see in next year's line of soakers? I think everyone will agree that this year is not exactly the best year for water guns, and it's quite apparent that the general community is grossly dissatisfied with their quality (Especially the SoakerTag line).

What I think we should really do (iSc sorta "inspired" me) is to name everything that we want to see in the upcoming years which can be improved upon. Don't just say stuff like "make them better" or "make Carbon-Dioxide guns." Come up with stuff that will actually be useful in waterfights, like maybe reintroducing the SC line with Max-D tech, or something like that.

Really brainstorm! As iSc said, saying stuff like "th1s bla5tar t0ta1y SUXX0RRzz2!!!1111six" won't do anything but add to the frustration.
Right now, we can only hope that Buzz Bee's operator (AKA Big Bee) will find his way here out of the rubble of WWn, so let's just act like he'll see this, or even if he doesn't, we can pass this information on... Let's pick up where we left off.

Veteran:
Big Bee said that we were in for a surprise color-wise next year, we may be looking at camo. The Armor Dillo is partially camoflaged, so thats already a start.

Iceman:
I doubt we would be looking at camo, but you never know. Im thinking he will give us some darker colors, but now that BuzzBee toys is competing with Hasbro, we don't know what to expect. :)

?:
Hopefully Hasbro will have to make better guns to compete with Water Warriors. Bad for Big Bee, good for uss. :goofy:

Soakologist:
Whatever it is, I'm REALLY excited to see Buzz Bee's line for next year. I doubt that his "surprise" would be white or pink water guns, I'm also inclined to think that there will be black, navy, forest, even some burgundy in next year's line, but not camouflage. I really hope that what's in store for 2005's WW line includes some nozzles that are 4-5x and up equivalents. Buzz Bee's guns were already awesome, all they're missing now is some serious output. Nozzle 3 is hardly "drenching," if you know what I mean.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:17 am

Maybe some grey colors, but I hope the "Mantis" or "Housefly" don't have any weird colo(u)ration like purple or pink. :cool:

Edited By Veteran on 1089008296

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:20 am

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I loved the '99 SC line, but beige and pink are NOT good colors for a water gun... IMHO. :goofy:

Edited By Soakologist on 1089008448

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:32 am

I would like to see Hasbro re-release some SC Chargers/CPS Hybrids again, they didn't go very far with the Monster Series. But that doesn't mean im not interested in the new Diaphram Tech either, I can't wait to see the new improvements on the system for next year. Lets hope Big Bee finds us here. :)

Edited By Iceman on 1089009191
_

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:24 am

If Big Bee finds us here before week's end, I will personally celebrate. Like isoaker, Big Bee has been a great source of infromation and inspiration. Unfourtenately for Buzz Bee Toys, they don't get a lot of recognition on TV or advertisement booklets.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:44 am

I personally, would like to see somee CPS rereleases. i don't need new ones, but if they would just reissue the 98' or even the 00' line of CPS guns, that woudl eb great. I really would llike to see CPS 1200s, 1700s, and 2700s be rereleased.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:05 pm

We might be seeing reissues of 2700's or 1200's since they were some of the later CPS guns. By the way, whats wrong with the color beige? It's a good camo color.

Edited By Veteran on 1089077830

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:48 pm

Other than that you spelled it incorrectly, beige many think is a bland color.

I would like to see guns that are primed with a single motion. That could be made similar to Nerf spring guns. It would be possible to make it so that water is drawn to the PC from the reservoir if the piston's end has a good enough seal. I'm not too sure about the power of such a gun, but that would be really cool at least for a pistol. It also would be fairly moddable because you could add bungie cords, rubber bands and springs to improve the power.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:42 pm

Doom wrote:I would like to see guns that are primed with a single motion. That could be made similar to Nerf spring guns. It would be possible to make it so that water is drawn to the PC from the reservoir if the piston's end has a good enough seal. I'm not too sure about the power of such a gun, but that would be really cool at least for a pistol. It also would be fairly moddable because you could add bungie cords, rubber bands and springs to improve the power.
Using your suggestion I'm thinking of a soaker with a pump shaft that has the volumne of a large piston bazooka such as a Stream Machine. Therefore, the one gigantic pump requires a lot of strength, but after that its trigger time. Does anyone know how the frame of a soaker can accomodate the pump shaft and the PC? Also, does my idea seem feasible or not?

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:44 pm

It's a good idea, but for the target audience of Hasbro and Buzz Bee it wouldn't be logical.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:06 am

I remember making a concept for iSc Rogues... the CPS 8200 with "turbine" technology (this was before the E.E.S. Line even came out). The idea was, instead of having a pump, you simply push three buttons on the side of the gun many times to pressurize it. I thought that it was a good idea at the time, but now I think that my fingers would get awfully tired. :laugh:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:08 am

not if you got a MACHINE POWERED ULTIMATE MEGA CANOONzzzxxxexex1one. If you made all those buttons connected it would go faster and you could use your palm instead of fingers.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:29 am

The one who wins is the one who manages to sneak in the guns from the previous year. :goofy:

Whoops! Wrong thread...

Edited By Soakologist on 1089178330

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:51 am

I hope they make Collectors minis of all the 2003 and 2004 super soakers.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:55 am

That would be neat to have a mini Helix or Hydroblade. That would be radical.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:11 pm

Soakologist wrote:That would be neat to have a mini Helix or Hydroblade. That would be radical.
It would also be interesting to see if Hasbro can create mini soakers that utilize the novelty streams featured on the original soaker (ex: Helix's spinning blast).

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:32 pm

That's what I was thinking. Also, having some moving parts, like the blade on the Hydroblade, would be pretty cool.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:38 pm

Yah, shrinking a hydroblade or 3a into a super compact functional soaker would be as cool as shrinking a pile of garbage into a super compact functional pile of garbage. :goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:56 pm

I always thought that the XP-90 or 85 would make a cool keychain, as would a Backfire.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:16 pm

Did they ever make one for the 2000 or 2500?