Super Soaker SS50: 20th Anniversary Edition

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Would you recommend this product to another?

Yay (i.e. recommend)
50%
Nay (i.e. don't recommend)
No votes
Undecided (i.e. not sure yet)
50%

Total votes: 2

teamfear

Re: SS50 2009 remake

Post by teamfear » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Its out gunned by a Max D 5k IMO. I have both and the Max D has way way better power and doesn't mist.

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Just because it was mentioned on the previous page, I saw one of the "new" XP-70's at Zellers the other day on sale for 8 bucks, so I picked one up for old time's sake, it being my second Super Soaker. I noticed this on the back of the box:

I love this colour scheme, was the 70 ever produced in those colours or is it just a prototype mock up? Of further interest on both this version and the actual blaster is the mixture of logo styles in the decals; the "final" version of of the original Super Soaker logo appears along side the second wave (if I'm recalling correctly) XP-blaster logo.

And just to keep the thread on topic here's a picture of the new SS-50. My apologies for the absurd background and trippy lighting, I live in a nerd cave.

Both of these bring me back, although my interest in water guns only picked up after the XP series had replaced the original ones. I miss those days dearly when the sunlight hits the trees just right in July.
"...Yes."

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:35 pm

I just did some range testing and a new SS 50 on full pressure can achieve over 11 meter's angled and about 9 or 10 flat. I may use it in my upcoming war as a side arm.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Here is a picture of mine with a custom hockey tape grip and belt clip:

isoaker

Super Soaker SS50: 20th Anniversary Edition

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:00 am

Super Soaker SS50: 20th Anniversary Edition Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

ncog

Re: Super Soaker SS50: 20th Anniversary Edition

Post by ncog » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:52 am

While it does seem overpriced (at least in my country), it does perform well with a decent stream and a range comparable to other modern soakers. If you're looking for a soaker for water fight performance you'd likely be able to find better soakers at the same price or cheaper from Water Warriors, but its nostalgic value coupled with the wonderful tracked pump made it a worthy purchase for me.