Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
isoaker

Re: Want better water blasters? Wish here!

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:25 am

'tis just after mid-year; time to start up the wishing for hopes on more improvements to available stock water blasters next year!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

metaturtle

Post by metaturtle » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:47 am

spring powered chambers with >300mL capacity, nozzles sized to fit the gun and a 2L reservoir

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 pm

I wish for a CPS 2000 remake. If not, a spherical CPS blaster with a 700mL PC and a 3L reservoir and a 10 x blast with a 50 ft. range.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:27 pm

I'd Wish For the ability to buy any soaker that was ever made. :D
To Be more specific:
Remakes
XP 105
SS 300
XP 150
Speed loader 2500
CPS 2000
SC Power Pack
The Legendary 98's

Custom:
I'd Like to see Some sort of RPG along with a high range sniping blaster. A realistic looking Assault rifle would be cool to.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:24 pm

I'd say that not much has changed in terms of what the community and I want in general. Flash Flood, CPS 1000, 2100, 4100, and the Monsters still remain as my favorite water gun designs, and IMO would be perfect with battle friendly color schemes. (a term that I still use and that sounds more appealing than "camo" or "black", and is more inclusive to dark colors and designs in general)

Functionwise, not much needs to be said. Translucent reservoirs, PC cases, and backpacks are all a given (translucent so that enemies can't see the water easily), as well as efficient pump designs that can maintain powerful PC's. .5L is the dead minimum that I'd go for any PC, and I'd prefer no more than a 3:1 pump to tap shot ratio. (I'm used to guns closer to 2:1, like the 12k)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:57 pm

More realistically I'd like to see a larger version of the vindicator. 10x stream and everything else bigger. Buzz bee could easily achieve this if they keep focusing on performance.

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:10 am

I'm not too picky about pump:tap. MY XP 270s get almost 2:1 and my CPS's get something like 3:1. Even 3:1 is very useful and convenient. I agree with C-A_99 that 500mL for a PC is the dead minimum I'd go for for a custom blaster. And while we sit here, interacting on computers, dreams are alright. But as I look around soaking websites more and more, I realize that while BBT and their Water Warriors Brand are producing some great blasters such as the Vindicator and the Pulse Master, they are still not equal to the older blasters, and that to achieve great performance homemades are the answer. The new BBT blasters are clearly a step in the right direction, but we still need a bit more power.

I admit I was hesitant at first to homemades; I didn't like their design. After all, who wants to walk around with a strangely shaped skeleton for a water gun. And, in my neigbourhood, using, or even making a homemade would be considered nerdy. But I don't care anymore. If I need to make an APH to get the power I want, so be it. I'll dominate the neighbourhood with it and there's nothing anybody can do about it.
Still love soakers.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:13 pm

I've actually used a CPH last war. The 2 main issues were that I wasn't used to having a heavy backpack, and that I didn't have a proper PC case so the thing kept bouncing around annoyingly.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:45 pm

This thread is open to all sorts of water blasters including dream homemade blasters for those who possess such dreams! :cool: I, personally, hope for stock water blasters to be able to achieve higher performance and power levels in the future, but time shall tell. While the present stock blasters aren't quite where they once were, at least there appears to be motion in the positive direction.

I remain optimistic for the future of water blasters and water warfare overall! I just hope to keep the positive vibe continuing in the online community.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:28 am

Now that I've tried the Vindicator, I'm much more optimistic about BBT and the soaking future. I'm even thinking of scrapping the APH. The APH is expensive to build, and anyways, my dad says that 10 soakers is enough, whether they work or not.
Still love soakers.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:48 pm

isoaker_com wrote:This thread is open to all sorts of water blasters including dream homemade blasters for those who possess such dreams! :cool: I, personally, hope for stock water blasters to be able to achieve higher performance and power levels in the future, but time shall tell. While the present stock blasters aren't quite where they once were, at least there appears to be motion in the positive direction.
I love home mades, but that's up to you and I the enthusiasts, we can make better home mades if we put the time, research, and work in. So I wish for better stock blasters 'cuz that's out of my control. I do like that Hasbro has released the XP 70 and XP 20 in recent years. I also like that the Flash Flood is still available, I wish that I'd have bought 2 of those instead of 2 Arctic Blasts.

I still wish for transparent reservoirs, longer blasters (there are enough stubby new guns), nozzles between 4x and 11.5x, and the end of the Max D type triggers/nozzles.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:05 am

Regarding Max-D, they ought to use full hand triggers for larger ball valves and obviously, much better springs. Not only would this provide ideal performance for both small and large guns, it would also still be a trigger of course. Perhaps an alternative to this would be to use a long trigger (at least as long as the CPS 1000's) and hook it up to a series of gears to open and close the valve for less force, more distance. That, and all triggers need to be large enough at least for 2 fingers to use. Another issue is trigger grips. I'll put some examples instead of describing them.

Examples of excellent trigger grips:
- Pretty much all of CPS line
- SC and XP series
- Flash Flood (the silver/black foregrip is a bit too small, and the pump is pretty bad)

Okay grips:
- Oozinator (better than most "okay" grips)
- Liquidator
- Max-D 2k and 5k
- Orca

Horrible grips:
- A ton of WW's: Tiger Shark, Piranha, Blazer (old WW's are much better w/ back trigger removed)
- Max-D 3k, 4k, 6k

Bottom line: The best grips have a trigger guard that only covers the trigger (most Larami guns), or at least a way to prevent the trigger from sliding against the other fingers. (such as Oozinator) Obviously, they're also shaped comfortably, have a natural feel, and provide enough room for most hands. A variety of factors can make for bad grips such as awkward shape (i.e. Tiger Shark), not enough space (except for kids' hands), etc.

Good homemades are difficult. Few have made battle practical homemades with little or no problems that interfere with it working on the field. Anyone can put together the average APH or CPH, but it takes a lot of skill to build ergonomical, balanced designs complete with triggers, leak-free pumps, perhaps even reservoirs (that balance), etc. Only the best homemade builders have been successful in all these factors.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

cjang94

Post by cjang94 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:47 pm

Well, considering that the most powerful blaster I've ever owned before was a CPS 2100 knockoff (it was a pressurized reservoir), the Water Warriors Vindicator that I bought off Amazon a few days ago was the blaster of my dreams, but, hey, that's just me.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Welcome to iSoaker.

If you've tried any games on the hardcore side and verse off against people armed with the CPS line, you'll soon figure out why the drive to go for better water weaponry. Training, speed, and tactics will only carry you so far; the gun is what allows it to happen. One real life example is WWII. The American Thompson SMG and M1 Garand, while they sometimes jam up, pack good firepower to fight against those using just bolt action rifles or cheap SMG's. The Germans however, had many more MG's and used them effectively even though their main infantry rifle was the bolt action KAR98k. In the Pacific, the M1 Garand has been used to hold off tons of Japanese who could not keep up with it's firepower. It was also used in conjunction with BAR's and Browning M2's to hold off banzai attacks. (don't worry, in water warfare, bonzai charges don't work well either) Germany later developed the first assault rifle, the Stg44 (or MP44) but was not produced in enough quantities to help them too much. The assault rifle concept was later refined after studying WWII engagements, finding that bolt action rifles, while cheap and reliable, were incapable of the firepower needed at closer ranges, where most battles took place.

The issue in water warfare is not firepower so much as it is range. With better range and faster streams, you can attack the enemy before he can attack you. This is why water balloon launchers, despite their ridiculously long reloading time, are favored by some teams. (and their designs are still being refined as we speak.)

The future of water warfare, when the old CPS's die out more and more, will rest in ergonomical homemade designs. Recent homemades created at SSC give me hope for that. But BBT is also stepping up to the call. I still don't have any idea how well the Vindicator performs (and I honestly don't need another 1200-class blaster right now), but with it's spherical PC, I'm assuming it works much better than the Orca/Blazer.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

mkhadem

Post by mkhadem » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:24 pm

I was thinking a 2 man blaster would be an interesting idea, it would have its advantages but as for movement, maneuverability would be very limited, furthermore, a lot of teamwork would have to be established and planning would be a must. I'm not sure how it would work though; most likely 1 would pump while the other would fire. Also, as the blaster would be for 2 people, it could be bigger than most of the current stock blasters which could mean more potential for power, and more choices of nozzles as well as a larger reservoir and so on.
Then I thought, what could be used to defend bases? As far as I am aware there are no mountable water blasters are on the market so that’s another thing I would like to see Hasbro or BBT bring out. A powerful, mountable water blaster which could pivot 360 degrees, and an average range of at least 45ft. Or maybe some extendable legs like the Monster XL except in the middle of the blaster and made from some more durable material. If it could also pivot up and down as well as right and left that would be even better and mean an even greater advantage on hills and higher ground. I wound want the actual gun to not only be powerful but have good shot times and a large reservoir - 2.5l +. Perhaps the pump could be on top of the water gun or a lever in the style of the HydroBlitz. If the pump was in the conventional position, it would more difficult to pump and you would be more vulnerable standing to the side or infront of the gun, if it was behind/on top of the gun you could, pump, fire and take cover behind the gun, depending on how big it is.

mkhadem

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 pm

mkhadem wrote:I was thinking a 2 man blaster would be an interesting idea, it would have its advantages but as for movement, maneuverability would be very limited, furthermore, a lot of teamwork would have to be established and planning would be a must. I'm not sure how it would work though; most likely 1 would pump while the other would fire. Also, as the blaster would be for 2 people, it could be bigger than most of the current stock blasters which could mean more potential for power, and more choices of nozzles as well as a larger reservoir and so on.
Throwing aside the potentially immense (and dangerous) power, I don't know how many customers have teams and organized wars that can make much use of this. I personally would love to see one in action, though.

A mounted water gun would have to have solid power to be noticeably better than a hose, but it'd be worth it. :)

Hyper

Post by Hyper » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:41 am

I would love to see the return of the Super Soaker Monster X because I love its looks, and colour setting. This is the most impressive blaster ever imo.

I also would like to see a big, high-end air pressure blaster, with a big water tank and two big pressure chambers. It should be build to last, have a good range of nozzle settings. (A big one like the CPS2000, a small one like the SS50 and a few ones in between) The pump should move a lot of water and be railed to the housing of the blaster. Thick see-through reservoir and pressure chambers like the SS50/ SS100.

Any new gun should be open-able fairly easily for maintenance. This means it should be screwed together and not glued and also not with one-way click systems. I don't care if it is going to be more expensive. There are enough cheap soakers already. I want quality.
Soakinating the countryside...

AquaNinja

Post by AquaNinja » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:17 pm

I would like any sort of CPS or something like that. Well as I'm easy to please I would take almost any watergun (apart from sucky cheap things)!

AquaNinja :soaked: Soaking the UK!
Soaking the UK! :soaked:

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:25 pm

I want a massive CPS or a CPS 2000 remake. WANT! NOW!

@ AquaNinja:

AquaNinja :soaked: Soaking the UK! <- By visiting the User Control Panel, you can put it into our signature so that it posts automatically and you don't have to type it every time.
Still love soakers.

AquaNinja

Post by AquaNinja » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:27 pm

_steel_boot_ wrote:I want a massive CPS or a CPS 2000 remake. WANT! NOW!

@ AquaNinja:

AquaNinja :soaked: Soaking the UK! <- By visiting the User Control Panel, you can put it into our signature so that it posts automatically and you don't have to type it every time.

Ok then I shall do that (I often get sick of doing it).
Soaking the UK! :soaked: