CPS 1100 with 2 nozzles - k-mod done

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Re: My CPS 1100 with 2 nozzles

Post by steelboot. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Oh, I thought the CPS 2000 shot 15m. Yours measured at 20m? Nice!
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

metaturtle

Post by metaturtle » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 pm

not that at all, if we were fighting with modded guns (lol i wish mine shot 20!)

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Oh sorry, for the misunderstanding. You know, I think you are the fastest poster we've ever had!
Still love soakers.

metaturtle

Post by metaturtle » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:19 pm

ive been laying low and watching the forums for a bit and it is my first day so i have a lot to talk about

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Alright guys, thanks for all the feedback (good and bad)! I'm looking into refining the mod even more and possibly making a custom handle for the pump. You probably noticed that's the 2500 pump on there. The 2100 handle snapped so I'm using the 2500's pump as a short-term solution.
Still love soakers.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm a bit late to the party, but I would like to note a few things:

I own 4 CPS 2000s, along with multiples of most of the CPS line and a K-modded CPS of every kind except the 1-3-5 [and I've fired 2 modded versions of that too], 3 varieties of Douchenators, AP water cannons, a piston/air water cannon, several varieties of APHs, blah blah blah. No water warrior ever has touched more modded guns and only Ben and Drenchenator have touched more types of homemade weaponry. metaturtle, know your place - a CPS 2000 is hardly something to brag about against the full spectrum of water gun models and tech. I've got water cannon homemades that can fire a stream larger than the physical size of a CPS 2000 gun itself, that outrange a 2000 by 15ft and that's before the nozzle is placed on. Ben, in turn, has stuff that outclasses me. You may stand atop the realm of stock weaponry with that 2000, but that's just the floor of the tech world.

A CPS 2000 and a CPS 1100 integration are actually pretty evenly matched. The ranges are, depending on marks involved in the 1100, potentially the same. Both guns race through their reservoir water. Both guns fire fast streams. The 2000 has more output. The 2000 stream spreads better. The 1100 shoots 3 seconds longer. The 1100 can tap 15-18 or more. The 2000 taps 4-5, 6-7 with a skilled user. The 1100 is extremely durable. The 2000 MK1 bladder faces rupture, the MK2 has trigger problems. The 1100 responds better to power modding. The 2000 is more intimidating. The 1100 is more mobile.

Judging from their attributes, the two guns are not meant for the same purposes and therefore make for a poor head-to-head comparison. You can't compare a shovel and a rake for the same job. The 2000 excels in soakfests, on open battlefields, in straight fights, for quick hits, most effectively against newer players [veterans do not fear them]. The 1100 excels in OHK/OHS, in heavy cover, in tactical skirmishing, but also for quick hits and fares well against seasoned players. An 1100 can duel guns like 1500, 10K [modded, 12K [modded], 21K [modded]. A 2000 can duel guns like MXL, MX, 2500, 2700. They both have power and can duel power, but different kinds of power.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:03 pm

DX explained it right on. Range is just one small factor - one droplet - in the reservoir of possibilities and tactics of water warfare. The possibilities of water warfare tech expand much farther than what even Ben builds. I'm talking about fire hoses, automatic water balloon launchers, etc. And even if you want to attack someone at 40m, you'll need equipment that can drain a lake in seconds (due to the massive output needed to "attack" at that range), or a water balloon launcher.

So... Don't talk smack unless you can back it up. Build, war, and have fun, that's the most important part of water warfare, not who's the best nor who has the latest hunk of PVC thrown together. (though it certainly does help)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Well said. Personally, I like its range; I find range and output are the primary factors in our wars, but thanks for all the insight on how the mod worked. DX, thanks for the monster post!
Still love soakers.

steelboot.

Re: My CPS 1100 with 2 nozzles UPDATE OUTPUT MEASURED!

Post by steelboot. » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:14 am

I measured the soaker's output just now. Here is the procedure I went through:

1. Shoot water out of blaster at a 270 degree angle (straight down) into a 1L water bottle. The small space at the top minimizes splashback.

2. Pour the water into 1 cup measuring cups.

3. Fire the blaster again, this time with a stopwatch at the ready to measure shot time.

4. Take the total amount of water delivered, divide it by the shot time to get (n)mL/sec output. Divide that number by 30 to get the X rating.

5. Repeat for other nozzle.

Here are the stats.

Nozzle 1:

Size: 6/16 inch
Output: 340mL/sec (11.33x)
Shot Time: 1.5 sec

Nozzle 2

Size: 1/4 inch
Output: 170mL/sec (5.66x)
Shot Time: 3 sec

note: the size of the PC, (how much water was delivered) varied in shots 1 and 2. The first shot delivered 480mL, and the second one delivered 540. To average them out, 510mL is used as the universal amount of water delivered, for the sake of consistency.

All in all, I am pleased with the results. I'm finally going to get around to drilling that water saver this week.
Still love soakers.

steelboot.

Re: CPS 1100 with 2 nozzles OUTPUT STATS UP + K-MOD - SHOULD I?

Post by steelboot. » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:57 am

Hmm, I'm now thinking of performing a k-mod to further increase its range and output. To all: Should I go for for the PRV disable and 60-80 balloons, or should I go light, like 20-30 maximum?
Still love soakers.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:47 am

I never removed the PRV, I always go for light k-mods. If the PRV is being problematic and won't allow for it, then I leave as much as I can for it to still work, even if it's only 5 balloons. But you want to put on as many balloons as you can without PRV problems. Some have gotten 45 balloons to work on the 12k, while I keep at least 20 or 30 in mine. (maybe more, like 35, but I can't remember)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:19 pm

Depends on the mark of your host gun and personal preference. 2100 HPL is best on the MK1, worst on the MK2, and variable on the MK3. It's not great in general, but you could probably get at least 25 balloons if it's not MK2. If you go for the PRV and heavy balloons, beware that the odds of the trigger valve wearing down fatally skyrocket and the odds of it lasting more than 1 season plummet. I don't think any gun I heavy K'd lasted longer than 2 seasons. Personally, I would only disable the PRV on a gun you have multiples of, would enjoy for some wars, and then not miss.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:22 pm

I just finished up a 10 balloon k-mod and will test soon. From there, I will add or remove balloons to my own discretion. Thanks for the input!
Still love soakers.

steelboot.

Re: CPS 1100 with 2 nozzles - k-mod done

Post by steelboot. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:47 pm

FINALLY sealed the adaptor to the gun properly and took range tests for the 11k. The k-mod seems to have decreased the range but in turn put stream speed and output through the roof.

5x nozzle: Angled: 13m (43 ft.)

10x nozzle: Angled: 11.5m (38 ft.)

I'm pretty dissappointed and am seriously considering removing the balloons. Perhaps then t'will will be perfect.
Still love soakers.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Interesting that the range fell. Not unheard of, but certainly not the desired result. That may be related to the nozzle sizes you are using. I see that the 10x did better and the 5x fell. Nozzles should be matched to the power of the gun; if you increase the gun's power, you might want to adjust the nozzle sizes accordingly. It's at least worth testing other nozzle sizes before undoing the mod.

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Well, I have one endcap left and I don't want to go out and get more anytime soon, so what size do you think I should try? Maybe something even larger than 10x?
Still love soakers.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:36 pm

Use it for an optimized range nozzle [size varies to each individual gun]. That will tell you what your new max range is.

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah, I want optimal range. But what size nozzle do you recommend? Maybe 5/16?
Still love soakers.

AquaNinja

Post by AquaNinja » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 pm

metaturtle wrote:im just saying that if u ran towards me i could hit you at the 20m mark before you got into the 15m mark and were able to return fire

Metaturtle will you goddamn shutup?! You arrogant idiot, on topic now I think you're CPS will do pretty well in a battle!

Edit: Whoops didn't read page 2 sorry metaturtle I completely misunderstood this, forgive me!
Soaking the UK! :soaked:

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:21 pm

@ Aqua Ninja: The tone of your original post is still rather bitter. so consider editing out the first couple sentences.
Still love soakers.