Hands-On: Water Warriors Vindicator

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
dragonclass

Re: Hands-On: Water Warriors Vindicator

Post by dragonclass » Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Got mine from Target. Very good design with the spherical PC strapped(?!) inside the reservoir(inspection mirror). Can hold its own against the 1200 and 2100. I'll compare it sometime against the 1000. More to come, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon May 18, 2009 2:49 pm

I disagree with Sun, I use a 1000 for "backup" when I'm going heavy w/ 2 primaries. (though its quite heavy)

I hope "almost" equal isn't by a few feet. The real test of a blaster is how it fares in 1 hit kill games. But then again, maybe that isn't the only factor...

If the PC is really spherical... then good god, you can freaking K-mod this thing! The first k-moddable blaster in 7 long years! I need to get one now.

Then again, they might have designed it to be difficult to k-mod since its part of the reservoir instead of on its own.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed May 20, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm considering one of these. Can it really stand up to a 1000? Certainly looks like the most powerful blaster of 2009.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri May 22, 2009 12:14 pm

I finally got one of these, and it certainly is an improvement over previous WW hydro power guns. At top pressure the largest nozzle seems about equal in power with my CPS 2100, although range appears to be slightly lower due to greater stream breakup. Also, there is noticeable decrease in pressure as the PC empties, though not as much as on the WW Orca or Blazer. I also like the pump, its tracked and nice and smooth.
ownage

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 26, 2009 2:34 pm

This is rather late to mention, and I apologize for not really bringing this up earlier, but I thought it was pretty important. Before, I discussed that the integration of the space of the reservoir and the PC was a GOOD thing because it doesn't require topping off the reservoir. I saw the following in the official iSc review:

"Thus, unfortunately, one cannot fill the pressure chamber, then top off the reservoir for an extra shot."
From "Reservoir"

"...also, cannot fill pressure chamber, then top of the reservoir for an extra shot."
From "Cons"

I consider that a good thing because of spacial efficiency. The space that would otherwise be wasted if the PC and res were seperated are combined in this design. Thus, I look at it as "one does not need to top off the reservoir for max capacity" as opposed to "one is unable to top off the reservoir for an extra shot." However, the negativity of this design seems to come from the fact that the total capacity of the blaster is res instead of res + PC, which throws the number down, but the truth is that its actually getting more capacity in a smaller space. I guess its the glass half empty or half full type of thing, but I'd like NOT to have to pump and then top off the res to get full capacity. (though you still have to flush air out of the internals before using, but thats not a lot of water to fill in anyway)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 29, 2009 1:36 am

iSoaker, could you do range testing on the Vindicator? It's clearly the best blaster of 2009. Target has one left... ;)

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 29, 2009 12:03 pm

I wouldnt say its the outright best because I just picked up the expiditon today and It has a farther range and larger PC. The resivor drains faster but it still is effeicent on weaker nozzels. The expiditon has basically the same nozzels as the vinicator.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri May 29, 2009 1:08 pm

teamfear wrote:I wouldnt say its the outright best because I just picked up the expiditon today and It has a farther range and larger PC. The resivor drains faster but it still is effeicent on weaker nozzels. The expiditon has basically the same nozzels as the vinicator.
Really? That's kinds of cool, that must mean the expedition is actually a stronger version of the Blazer rather than a copy. The original blazer just kind of dumped water on the ground on its largest nozzle.
ownage

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Yup. I have the blue/white Blazer and it just dumps water on the big nozzle. Also has a frequently stuck trigger valve. :( Ordered my sister a Vindicator from Amazon for $20, to replace her broken 4100 (I hate those MAX-D triggers!). Based on reviews, it should be much better than the only blaster she now has, a Piranha. I was by Target the other day and saw a Vindicator (after I had already ordered from Amazon). The form factor looks pretty nice. Very small for its specs, as well. I may have to pick up one myself.

"snap!"

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Well the fartherst shooting nozzel does shoot not that far but I just checked and It has a larger nozzel than the vindicators largest one. The second largest is the best for range and power. I belive the largest nozzel is so big so you dont have to unscew the nozzel to shotgun it, even though it is not as powerful. All you do is take out one screw and you have a powerful shotgun burst that is stronger than the largest nozzel with the same range. Its an easy an un permanant mod that can change the use of the blaster. Mine is very good and I like it. It is the red kind but I doubt that matters. I just got it a few days ago. Its range is about equal to the vindicators and its second largest nozzel has a good shot time and less stream breakup. the largest one is just a feeble shotgun attempt and I may bore it out to increase power. The vindicator is good for suppresing fire from the waist and the expiditon is an assult rifle in my mind.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 29, 2009 2:05 pm

teamfear wrote:Well the fartherst shooting nozzel does shoot not that far but I just checked and It has a larger nozzel than the vindicators largest one. The second largest is the best for range and power. I belive the largest nozzel is so big so you dont have to unscew the nozzel to shotgun it, even though it is not as powerful. All you do is take out one screw and you have a powerful shotgun burst that is stronger than the largest nozzel with the same range. Its an easy an un permanant mod that can change the use of the blaster. Mine is very good and I like it. It is the red kind but I doubt that matters. I just got it a few days ago. Its range is about equal to the vindicators and its second largest nozzel has a good shot time and less stream breakup. the largest one is just a feeble shotgun attempt and I may bore it out to increase power. The vindicator is good for suppresing fire from the waist and the expiditon is an assult rifle in my mind.
The size of the nozzle is not important as the stream speed through that nozzle. The biggest nozzle on the Blazer does not shoot that fast at all. Thus, although the size of the nozzle is larger, I would speculate that it does not shoot as much water per second as the Vindicator. I definitely agree that the second-biggest nozzle is best. I would like to hear more resorts of people with Expeditions, however, to see if they are actually better than the Blazer.

"snap!"

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 29, 2009 2:40 pm

When you shotgun the expiditon the speed is increased and you get multiple shots out of it. The best way to see if the expiditons diffrent than the blazer would be whoever has one takes pictures of the nozzels and more importantly posts some firing videos. Without the videos it will be unclear. I may take some of my expiditon and now we need someone with a blazer to take a video.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:03 pm

Hannibal, the 4100 does not have a Max-D trigger, just a conventional pull valve hooked to a terribly designed trigger piece. This is the mk II of the 4100, better known as the 2004 version.

Looks like several people are finding that the Vindicator is not as powerful as some of the air pressure guns. Has anyone looked at k-modding the Vindicator?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Isnt Cylinderical CPS pattented? My vinicator almost broke but it started working again after I dropped it. If I need to fix it i could attempt that. I could buy another if any are left at walmart to try it out but I really dont like buzz bee's trigger mechs. My tiger sharks is so messed after it failed.

***************100th Post*********************

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:49 pm

My sister got her Vindicator yesterday, and I was VERY impressed. Excellent range, no stream break-up. The pump is the best of any blaster I have ever seen. Nozzles and great. The water capacity and size are also great, as is the styling. I may have to post a review. I would put this one on the level of a CPS 1200. The best blaster produced in the last 5 years, IMO. Buzz Bee is really getting somewhere.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:49 pm

I'm awaiting 2 tiger shark caps from buzz bee. Once i receive them I am building a backpack thats compatible with buzz bee blasters! Would be best for blazer put I'd use it on my vindicator also. What ranges are you getting on yours? Mine gets 11 metres.

TSUNAMI

Vindicator

Post by TSUNAMI » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi I was just wondering what you guys thought of the Vindicator :blazer:

teamfear

Re: Vindicator

Post by teamfear » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:29 pm

There is a thread with some discussion here http://www.isoaker.net/isnet/topic3692.html
I own one and I think they are the best blaster made this year. They are compact and powerful and seem to never run out of water. The price is only 20 $ so I would say buy one. 20 $ can also get you a secret strike :oo: darn hasbro! I would rate my water warriors vindiator almost on par with a CPS Heavy Rifle.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Fear, have you tried the Pulse Master? I heard a lot about how it's more powerful than the Vindicator. Also, the Vindicator appears to be k-moddable, I'd like to see how that works out.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:53 pm

I am trying to get one. I have heard that it is the most powerful but the Vindicator seems to be more efficent because of its shot time. You would have to take off the resivor to k mod it. I don`t want to risk breaking it due to the fact that they are all sold out at my wal mart.