Pressure relief valve disable - Flash Flood

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
sasattack

Pressure relief valve disable - Flash Flood

Post by sasattack » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Hey can anyone point me to a picture/guide of where the PVR is and how to disable/remove it

Sun

Re: Pressure relief valve disable - Flash Flood

Post by Sun » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:35 pm

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 29, 2009 12:15 pm

I looked at the pictures but it doesnt point out where exactly the valve is. Is it the orange thing near the resivor intake tube and the end of the pump?

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri May 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Look at the tube attachment in the reservoir where the tube sucks water out of the reservoir. Follow that, and find the first check valve. (which is pretty small) The PRV is connected just before it reaches this valve, and, for the orange flash flood, is also colored orange against the rest of the white pipe. If you don't have an orange FF, then the color is not distinctive.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Would you recomend removing it even if your not doing a resivoir expansion but have already collasased it?

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Only if you need to.

For a given water gun, there's a maximum pressure that it'll reach. There's a pressure at which something will break. And there's the pressure that the safety valve is set to. From what I know, constant pressure water guns have a quick ramp-up to high pressure with the first pump, and then the pressure increases very slowly to as you fill it up.

This gives you some room to increase the bladder's maximum pressure before it hits the safety valve. If you colossus it so much that you surpass the safety-valve pressure after a few pumps, then it'll stop filling, which limits the firing chamber volume.

So, if you can still fill the entire bladder, leave the pressure release valve alone. :)

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Thanks, I think I will leave it as it is then. My modded flash flood still gets good range and good shot time.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri May 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Yup, I'd recommend colossusing only as far as you can get without the pressure relief valve going off too soon. The PRV serves 2 functions here; it prevents the bladder from expanding to the point it would burst (or destroy the back of the PC case, which I just did on an old 4100 even w/ the PRV in place) and it prevents the PSI from reaching to a point the pipes cannot handle. IMO, its a good idea to leave it in since the internals for stock guns aren't that strong.

Before going for power mods on the FF, improvements to the nozzle would be effective. Give it something that'll shoot a high-range stream out of the flood nozzle.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:14 am

I expanded the PC and did the relief valve disabling but with my broken pump it is useless. Could you please draw in lines on one of your pictures of where to cut so I know I did it right?

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm using these pictures instead because there's less glare and the internals have slightly different colors.

The orange piece in that section is probably what should have been cut out. (You may want to get a second opinion on this.)

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah I cut the right thing out then. I don't get why the pump still leaks after I expoxyed a pipe connecting the to parts together.
I hate how the pumps break because some 10 year old forgets his gun. :cry:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Take some pictures; its easier than describing the issues. How exactly did you epoxy what pipe to which parts, where? Take pics if you can. As far as I'm concerned, the Super Soaker water pumps are generally reliable and should almost never leak (though the air pumps in PR guns tend to go bad sometimes), so the problem should be somewhere else.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 am

The things sealed. I just need to drill through a blockage in the pipe. Videos and pics in a few days.