Pics+Limited Stats: Storm 750

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:10 am

The Good:
This is THE pistol to own. It was on the selling power of this gun that Storm outsold all of Super Soaker's XP/MXD line, a worthy accomplishment indeed.

That said, this pistol is surprisingly mediocre. The stream it shoots isn't very big. The tank is fair sized. It doesn't have huge distance for a pistol. What does it have? In a word, dependability. I've only ever heard of one of these guns breaking. The 750 can take nearly any water fight abuse you can inflict upon it. Like a Timex, it takes a licking and keeps on shooting. Er, ticking. You know when you hold a fully pressurized Storm 750 in your hand, it WILL shoot. Every time. This gun is absolutely rock solid, the most durable piece of water weaponry I have yet seen.

The tank holds a fair amount of water for this sized pistol. Most XP/MXD soakers this size hold less, so you've got some staying power if you're going up against Super Soaker pistol wielding foes. Unless you're taking on upper eschelon Storms, namely the 2500 and 4000 (whatever the big orange gun with the tiny backpack is called) you can very easily take on ANY Storm-armed opponent.

Range is average or slightly above for a pistol. No sniping with this thing, but you can soak your opponent at the VERY edge of pistol combat range. I've seen rifles that shoot worse distance than this.

The Bad:
For a pistol this nice, the stream should really be bigger. 2x would be nice, heck, even 1.5x would be better. .75x just doesn't cut it. With a heavier blast, you could accomplish SO much more with this gun...

The Ugly:
This pistol is WAY too big. Granted, soakers need to be a little bigger to house all the internals. But even if it meant cutting back on the tank a little, this gun could easily have been of a more managable size.

There are several colorways available for the Storm 750. A standard red-body/black-tank colorway and a variant with silver trim is the most common. You can also find a blue-body/yellowish orange-tank version, and a green-body/black-tank colorway. By far the rarest and probably most valuable variant is the "Lilo And Stitch" 750, which was not even marketed as a Storm water gun. Rather, it was marketed directly through Disney. This gun features a yellow-body/pink or red-tank. I prefer the original red/black colorway. Much cooler looking.

The Gun Cabinet:
I've done this review before (for the record the prior review got corrupted when I put it in my other computer's disk drive), and I'm not quite as certain as I was last time as to which gun this most directly relates to. Part of me says Beretta 92, because its standard issue status with the US military and civilians equals the proliferation of this gun among serious water warriors as well as less enthusiastic water fighters in general. Also, the 92 fires the mid-sized 9mm cartridge, and the 750 also fires a rather small stream. On the other hand, this gun reminds me of the CZ 75, the most prolific police handgun in the world (er, it was until Glock came on the scene). Not only are they both extremely popular, relatively small caliber weapons, but they were both mildly revolutionary weapons for their time. I'll still stick with the Beretta though.

Overall:
You cannot afford to be without this gun. It is arguably one of the best water pistols ever produced, and its sales numbers reflect this. It's durable, with a larger than average tank, the range is probably farther than most other pistols, and you can easily take on most other Storms with it. DO NOT pass this pistol up if you see it.

Adrian

Edited By Adrian on 1102954385
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:54 am

Cool! A review on a soaker I've not handled! You don't happen to have a pic of the Storm 750 I can use, do you?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:19 pm

I can take one and email it to you if you want. Either that or if there's one on Ebay, you could use that.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:31 pm

I'd prefer one from you as opposed to lifting one if you don't mind firing a pic my way. Thanks!

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:56 pm

I have the Storm 760 Extreme, which is very similar to the 750. Differences? Carries 200ml more water & the pump handle has a vertical hold, like a machine gun. Though this may hinder normal fighting, the 760 was meant as a SOW (Stand-Off Weapon). It came with a 5' hose called the Unlimitor, allowing unlimited water supply.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:37 pm

XP20Warrior wrote:I have the Storm 760 Extreme, which is very similar to the 750. Differences? Carries 200ml more water & the pump handle has a vertical hold, like a machine gun. Though this may hinder normal fighting, the 760 was meant as a SOW (Stand-Off Weapon). It came with a 5' hose called the Unlimitor, allowing unlimited water supply.
^ Yo XP 20 warrior, my brother has that gun, but the pump shaft is stuck shut, and I can't open it. help please!

:wb1: :wb2:
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:21 pm

Storms are dang near irrepairable when it comes to pump damage. Unlike Super Soaker pump shafts, the pump is mounted in such a way inside the gun that it appears to me to be backward. Not only this, but it's sealed shut on both ends. If you were willing to take a hacksaw to the case and then do some funky JBWelding afterwards, you could get it open and fixed, but it'd be difficult. Pump problems are IMO the only problems which will kill a Storm.

Adrian

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:20 pm

Adrian wrote:Storms are dang near irrepairable when it comes to pump damage. Unlike Super Soaker pump shafts, the pump is mounted in such a way inside the gun that it appears to me to be backward. Not only this, but it's sealed shut on both ends. If you were willing to take a hacksaw to the case and then do some funky JBWelding afterwards, you could get it open and fixed, but it'd be difficult. Pump problems are IMO the only problems which will kill a Storm.

Adrian

Try opening the pump up and putting some WD-40 on the white rod,wait about 15mins/1/2hr and it should work fine.I had the same problem on my Storm 500 earlier this month and that fixed it,it is now working just like new.

:soakon:

Edited By soakerman on 1110906882
ImageImage

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:13 pm

Um...the Storm pumps I've seen are impossible to open. They're glued shut white plastic cases with glued on caps at each end.

Adrian

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:01 am

Adrian wrote:Um...the Storm pumps I've seen are impossible to open. They're glued shut white plastic cases with glued on caps at each end.

Adrian

Actually, I was talking about taking off the outer casing while it was extended and putting the WD-40 on the white rod.You might have to open the gun itself up but not the actual pump.

Edited By soakerman on 1110906856
ImageImage

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:00 pm

Oookkaaay...now I think I know what you're talking about. FWIW, the problem that's killed the only wrecked Storms I've seen is the rubber washer in the pump gets twisted out of shape and jams the pump. This is totally irrepairable.

Adrian

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:21 pm

Oookkaaay...now I think I know what you're talking about.

Finally,I am thinking some pictures might help.

the problem that's killed the only wrecked Storms I've seen is the rubber washer in the pump gets twisted out of shape and jams the pump. This is totally irrepairable.

I agree with you there,although that has never happened to me before, and I hope it never does.

Vaporizer if you are still there try the fix and tell me if it works.

Edited By soakerman on 1110918122
ImageImage

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:56 pm

soakerman wrote:
Oookkaaay...now I think I know what you're talking about.

Finally,I am thinking some pictures might help.

the problem that's killed the only wrecked Storms I've seen is the rubber washer in the pump gets twisted out of shape and jams the pump. This is totally irrepairable.

I agree with you there,although that has never happened to me before, and I hope it never does.

Vaporizer if you are still there try the fix and tell me if it works.

Do you mean like, just pulling the pump all the way forewards, and adding WD-40, or opening it? I already tried to open the Clam, and I won't open.

Also, who votes that there should be a Storm Gun smiley? Anyone? ???

:soakon: :soakon2:
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:21 pm

Do you mean like, just pulling the pump all the way forewards, and adding WD-40, or opening it? I already tried to open the Clam, and I won't open.

Not Exactly. You have to open up the gun itself because a thin piece on top of the pump handle is inside two grooves on different sides of the gun and the handle won't open as long as it's in there. What you need to do is extend the pump and then take off all the screws and open up the gun,then you can open the handle and put WD-40 on it.

I wil try to get some pictures soon because this may sound very confusing.

EDIT: I took some pics on wednesday I will try to get them up by next week. They should make it easier to fix.

Edited By soakerman on 1111163228
ImageImage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Storm 750 Page

Just posted up a bunch of pics and a few stats on this older water blaster. All-round solid pistol with simple styling. Admittedly, though, I was never a fond fan of the dual-directional pump found in basically all Storm Guns.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Limited Stats/Pics: Storm 750

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:25 pm

=O My friend has one of these and it still works. I should've kept it for documentation and submitted it earlier, though its still not too late to do so.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Pics+Limited Stats: Storm 750

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:38 pm

One of my friends has two of these, one of which is actually broken (surprise anyone?) and he asked me to repair it. The reservoir leaks on the very bottom seam where the pipes go, and I've epoxied it twice to no avail. (Once with regular epoxy and again with putty.) My third plan is to use the putty (which is still intact, just doesn't seal) and pour regular epoxy around it. Unfortunately, the last time I did this, I didn't mix the epoxy correctly and it turned out to be very weak. However, I'm suspecting that the epoxy simply isn't binding to the plastic being used, which would make sense given how no attempts to seal it have worked.

Maybe I could mod it some more in the process. I plugged the PRV, though I'm not sure if that was a great idea. It should hold up though.

Should I assume this to be the first known case within the community of a 750 breaking? =p
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat