According to some paintballers

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

According to some paintballers

Post by isoaker » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Just noticed iSoaker.net has been getting some hits from the following link. Lots of laughing at water weaponry from some members there, but that's okay. Considering the quality of some of the posts there, I'm glad they're not here. :goofy:

In the meantime, water warfare needs some serious makeover to become more acceptable to a wider audience. Then again, reading that thread, those bashing water warfare really just don't understand nor even want to try to understand the fun of water warfare and doubt they ever will. But that's okay; their loss...

I won't get into an argument whether water warfare or paintball is better; different games suit different personalities. However, my preference remains on water warfare, obviously. :goofy: I guess I enjoy soaking someone and their expressions much more that smacking 'em with paint projectiles.

:cool:

Edit: looking at the thread again, water warfare was actually defended by one so it's not all bad. Most of the mocking arose primarily from one member there with others chipping bits in. I think the main point of contentions arise from the odd YouTube videos and Super Soaker Central's Intro that actually makes a definite attempt to compare water warfare versus paintball, Airsoft, and Nerf. Always interesting to see how others perceive our activity; give me more ideas on things that can/should be done to improve things for us.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Silence

Re: According to some paintballers

Post by Silence » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:39 pm

That was actually a pretty funny discussion. Reminds me of that one CAD comic you linked to before.

I'll try to find a meaty discussion on airsoft forums about paintball. :p

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:32 pm

That forum's full of immature morons. They talk about "maturity" when they're the forum who's laughing at what others enjoy, with terrible grammar and spelling. Ironic? Yes.

To reiterate what I said in my introduction page, water wars are something different. While they are similar, they are not paintball, airsoft, or Nerf. Don't expect them to be. You don't do water wars for the same reasons.

Here's how I think about water wars: The adults who do have water wars aren't afraid to do something others might consider childish because they enjoy it. Many paintballers seem to be fixated on something "manly" as if they were trying to portray a certain image. Who's more mature?

Verok

Post by Verok » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:03 am

Yeah,this pisses me off,i mean sure water warfare may be seen as childish(with today's crap on the shelves no wonder).but hey its cheaper,no one gets hurt,can start one anywhere.And yes they kinda have a point about adults moving to paintball,cause its kinda odd a 30 year old playing with a water gun in a water war with kids,not so much other adults.teens,not so much and people in collage(wheres the money for paintball).I would play paintball or airsoft but its too expensive,paintball more expensive($20 for like 100 shots?).i couldn't find a military game that was fun,cheap and easily available,so i choose WW.I get made fun of at school sometimes,so i only play it at camp or with people i know wont make fun of me(when people make me mad i get violent).and yes they are immature pricks(people at school and the people on the forums),they are probably high from inhaling paint,i have a good friend who paintballs and he respects my opinion(i don't see him much cause he lives far away).These games should be all see as a military training/game.one should not make fun of the other.l-\l_$0 !/-\/\/\ /\/\0/-\12 1337,th3y ar3 jus nubl3ts who think t#ey c00l.

Another thing,you cant shoot girls with white shirts on in paintball :D
Super Soaker XP 85 Triple Shot water gun was my first water gun.

Sun

Post by Sun » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:41 pm

Interesting, considering that apparently what most paintballers think of water warfare is this: lolzlolzlolz n#blets shooting water guns there babys

Very bad grammar.

I really don't see the difference of shooting each other with paint or water. I happen to like both. I suppose next he'll be saying,
LOOK i found there resistance thrwad lololololololol

Edit: After all, they don't have a shout and shoot paintball gun. :D

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/844/

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:38 pm

Yeah, I agree with the posts above. They are too obsessed with pretending that they're in a war or something. My guess is that at least half of them are 14-year- olds hooked on COD 4.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

Verok

Post by Verok » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:25 pm

But i am 14,and i play cod4,and i like cod4

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:06 am

Are you hooked on it? Do you fantasize of sniping terrorists? Anyway, the point was that most of them are probably so obsessed with COD that they are trying to pretend that they in a war by playing paintball. I'm 14, I enjoy COD, but I don't fantasize on getting a huge bruise on my bosom.

(If the above applies to you, no offense meant.)
Still love soakers.

Verok

Post by Verok » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:41 am

yeah i knew you meant no offense,i just prefer WW over paintball cause you don't get injured,its way easier to make a game.Its harder to carry a water gun which means strength training.Most importantly,its cheap and fun

steelboot.

Post by steelboot. » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:28 am

Yeah, I DEFINITELY agree with you on all your points above. My thoughts exactly.
Still love soakers.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Funny read. To those people, the quality of a war game apparently depends on how much it hurts. -_- (*hint* Join the army when you're all old enough and go prove yourselves!) None of them will even get the basic idea of a war game until after they learn how to type on a forum.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:55 pm

I personally couldn't care less what they say about water warfare. I don't do "us" vs "them" comparisons, unless explaining/debating directly to someone worth the effort. After all, there are less than rosy practitioners of water warfare, as well as branches of the hobby that I do not care for. It's not that simple as water war vs paintball. They can hardly be compared anyway, as the intent of the players varies player-by-player. Both hobbies serve up a fun experience to someone.

Water warfare does allow for a skill element that is capable of evolving independently of firepower. Unlike in most other shooting hobbies, success in water warfare is not necessarily tied to your gun. The close and fairly even ranges force the human factor up front. There are odd tactical things that happen in this game that I love and don't occur anywhere else.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Sun

Post by Sun » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Well. you can't blame them for bad grammar, the site's based in Africa.

Dusk

Post by Dusk » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:51 pm

THEY SAID WHAT!!!!!! :x

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Not to be reviving old threads, but I just saw this. This is just a case of boys acting super masculine trying to prove themselves. There's talk on there about joining the Army and killing people. I will tell you this, I am in the Army, and the last thing that I want is to kill someone. It's all good and well to take military tactics and apply them to your sport, but if your intentions are violent and you think that violence and or pain make you more of a man then I don't want anything to do with you.
I hope that any of you who might be thinking of spending some time in the military are considering it because you want to help others and or better yourself, not because you want to hurt someone.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:39 pm

It's these kinda guys who kinda make me consider bring along my airsoft M4 to our water wars... just as a precaution. Not so different now, am I? lol >_>;

cjang94

Post by cjang94 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Don't these guys make you wish that that CPS 2000 myth was true? And that the CPS patent would expire soon?

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:42 pm

If the 2000 myth was true, the CPS line would've ended much sooner. The CPS patent only applies to a certain type of cylindrical bladder. Powerful blasters or not, some people thing range and pain are everything to a wargame, and while that's fine, others like to be douchebags about it. (I can't find a better term, sorry) There's just the type of people out there who have to think they're better than something else to preserve their ego. No matter how the sport changes, it won't affect them. I'm not just talking about people who look down on water warfare, you find those type of people everyday in school. But until they can at least type a coherent message, as I said earlier, theres no reason for them to be taken seriously

That said, please avoid "necro-posting" (posting in really old topics) unless you really have something to discuss. Posting guide.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat