Paddle boats

For support, refilling, personal, strategic, and misc. equipment used during a water fight.
Dusk

Paddle boats

Post by Dusk » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 pm

I was thinking about the time i had a water gun battle on a paddle boat. (small foot powerd one) what if you had a bunch of them. it would be like a WHOLE NAVY! (well what do you think?)

AquaNinja

Re: Paddle boats

Post by AquaNinja » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:52 pm

You know i dream of having a sort of naval battle on a lake or something like that I think it would be REALLY fun! ;)
Soaking the UK! :soaked:

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Hmm... Water gun ranges aren't long enough to make battles too fun - close quarters fights would be the only ones occurring. WBL's and the like might make it more realistic and fun but as you said water gun battle I don't know how good it would be.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

Sun

Post by Sun » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:13 pm

It would still be fun though. Also, you could try to land on the enemies shore and try to attack. In fact, that would be great for CTF.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:48 pm

I, too, have dreamt of having epic massive naval battles, D-day landings, etc. Currently, the logistics may not permit for such wars yet, but I'll have to take the time and see. Balloons and launchers will be a problem as they create litter, so we may be limited to piston and air pressure weapory. (I wouldn't let any of my CPS's in it)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:34 pm

PPH's and piston pumpers would be the best guns for naval warfare - essentially unlimited water supply. Simple piston homemades get ranges in the 50's too, assuming good arm strength. Normal guns would have to be attached to the boat with line or you'd end up like Iceman with a 1500 at the bottom of a lake.

I would prefer kayaks or canoes to paddleboats. Paddleboats are too slow and are not exactly graceful in maneuvering. In a kayak you can quickly reposition yourself and use the oars to block streams. Flat-bottoms will also float on literally 4 inches of water so shore assaults are potentially viable.

While most of this is dreaming, it actually could be possible to have a sizeable [20 boats+] naval war at school - Conn has a fleet of kayaks and canoes on the Thames River. There's a bunch of little islands in the river with ruins from a shipyard on them too. However, signing out the entire fleet is a bit different than signing out a personal boat...and the Groton nuclear sub base is just across the river, so the actual US navy would have to be ok with it lol. So around here a naval water war is physically possible, but enough interest and permission isn't very probable. Fun to talk about though...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:05 pm

With kayaks and canoes, you can also splash with the paddles, if the boat is unarmed. Mounting piston guns is a must since one hand blasting with those doesn't result in that much range.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Some homemade rafts with barrels would be a good idea for battle ships. You could mount a river cannon on one and attach some sort of pedal system like on a paddle boat. I would perfer a paddle boat over a canoe because of a larger capacity of people and the fact that its more stable then a canoe. You can stand up in one without tipping it. For large scale dream naval battles I would want human propulsion only.
For water craft a combination of:
double kayaks (one person pedals the other shoots) as small high speed water craft.
Paddle Boats as a multi purpose water craft. (2 Drivers and 2 gunners on the back,Paddle Boats would be good for invasion craft
Some large rafts as big slow battleships, armed with a giant River Cannon and some stream machines. These can be used to land on beaches and reinforce invading paddle boat squads.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:08 am

Canoes give cover if you need to duct. Paddleboats need to have some kind of cover installed if you need to take cover when 2 boats confront each other.

D-Day landings would be more difficult to organize. The ideal setup would be to have the boats land on another side of a lake, but chances are that there will be non-participants to deal with as well.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:17 pm

Streams Arc though so any small water craft needs some protection, most likely lightweight cardboard. Have you ever been in a canoe? They are so tippy.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:15 pm

I have a paint pic on my PC for a turret ship of sortsk :)
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Please do not revive threads, especially if your statement is rather useless.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple