Storm 2100 review - Storms deserve reviews too!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
BlueMage

Storm 2100 review - Storms deserve reviews too!

Post by BlueMage » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:22 pm

here goes my first review, of the storm 2100.
first,i would like to point out its cool special feature. it features a "dragon's breath" spray, similar to a shower spray. it is activated by pulling the lower trigger, instead of having to manually swich nozzles. this allows you to pull both triggers at once, releasing a blast that can instanly soak anyone foolish enough to come near, and which lasts for about 2 seconds before the PC's are empty. my only complaint is that the spray only hits a wide circle, so the spray head has a blind spot directly in front of you unless you use both nozzles at once.
pumping the blaster is quite easy, and the pump is very securely connected to the blaster by a track mount. the entire pump curves all the way around, forming a handle of sorts. this in itself is not terribly useful, as i usually hold the pump like a max-D 6000, but it does add to the overall look of the blaster. the dual action pump also pressurizes the tank on both pulling and pushing, making it faster to pump than a super soaker.
the dual-trigger design is esy to use, but the angle of the main trigger makes it extremely difficult to pull when the blaster is completely pumped.
being an air-pressure blaster with a separate air tank, the blaster needs 2 fill caps, one for the main resovoir, and one for connecting an unlimitor, which is a connector to a hose to provide unlimited water and pressure. the main fill cap also features a hole for a fast-filler, a device included with the blaster which connects to a hose and automatically fills and pressurizes the blaster, similar to a QFD.
the blaster also has a light on the front which goes on whenever either trigger is pulled, and both the spray nozzle and the main nozzle have storm's trademark " photon beam", the spayer's being red, and the main nozzle's being either red, green, or blue, depending on the color of the blaster. mine is green.
the tank holds about 2 liters of water, and the fill cap is very big, making it easy to fill.
the gun also has a cage on the left side for a lightstick, which is also included and operates on watch batteries.

Pros:

dragon's breath spray is useful, the gun is very comfortable to hold, and it has fast-fill capability. it comes in a variety of nice color schemes too.

cons:
the main trigger can get very hard to pull, and the spray uses water very fast.

the nozzle appears to be about an XP-class nozzle, and it fires about 20-25 feet.
-The Wizard of Water

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:03 pm

Cool review! Minor critique: Please use proper capitalization and punctuation in future reviews. It makes it easier for people to read.

Side request: do you happen to have a picture of the Storm 2100 than I may use on iSoaker.com?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:38 pm

yep, i think i have a pic, i'll try to have one up by tomorrow.

oh, and sorry about the punctuation, i tried to use good capitalization and spelling. :(
-The Wizard of Water

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:04 am

how does this dual action pump work? that sounds interesting...

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:42 pm

I'm not 100% sure how the dual-action pumping works, but its function is to draw water into the PC by both pulling and pushing. I know some of the newer bike and athletic pump models use a feature similar to this, but the physics of them baffle me.

Edited By Soakologist on 1092786187

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:23 am

Storms are kool when ubore the nozzle out to about 3 times. I have the really big red one with the yellow back pack, and it shoots about 60 feet(no lie) when you modify the stream so it's thick(so the wind doesn't catch it, plus it soaks someone faster). :cool:

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:05 pm

60 feet? My 100 balloon CPS 21K can shoot 66-70 feet. But a storm shooting 60 feet? Don't think so.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:59 pm

You don't know early Storms. Those guys engineered for distance on the first models. I was at summer camp, and the head counselor had a giant Monsoon hanging on his wall. He would frequently boast that it would shoot about sixty feet, unmodified.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:12 pm

He would frequently boast that it would shoot about sixty feet, unmodified.

From what I had seen and heard from Storm guns, I'd tend to believe that is more of an exaggeration. Of course, if that particular one performed that well, that's great, but I'd need to see it to believe it.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:39 pm

Not really. I used to have a Storm advertisement that described the Monsoon shooting 50 feet.

I have a Storm 500, which is about the size of an XP-20. Even that has a longer range than the 500, but what me and my big cousin Britney like about Storms most is their accuracy. Although a thin stream, they make good close-range snipe weapons.

As for the 500, I've preformed tests that the stream of the 500 and its almost as big as the 2x stream on the XP-310. Maybe I should write a review around this weekend :p
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:06 pm

I can believe in the stream thicknesses easily, but few stock soakers are able to push water beyond the 50' mark. Streams just tend to break up after awhile resulting in reduction of potential range. If the Storms you've used shoot beyond 50', you're the first one I can recall making this claim. I'm not saying that you're mistaken, but for me to have my own skepticism dismissed, I'd need to see pics of your tests and how you determined the range. I just find it hard to believe despite your claims and based on my own experiences.

Anyhow, any info and images you can provide are most welcome. Knowledge on Storm Guns is minimal.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:14 pm

On the box of my ss50 I'm near posistive it said it could get 50 feet. It might have gotten 30 feet angled, on a good day, with the help of high winds. Just because the box says it doesn't mean it's true. And the words "short range" and "sniping" are nearly contradictory and don't belong in the same sentance.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:24 pm

On the box of the Storm Tsunami it said that it could shoot up to a hundred feet,and battlefield reports state that it was very powerfull and had a very long range as well.

Edited By soakerman on 1106706382
ImageImage

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:12 pm

Oh, By The Way it does not sound like XP20Warrior is saying he shot Storms with 50' streams.And a 500 is a 'small arm', like a pistol. I have one and it has less range than the XP-20 .

Edited By soakerman on 1106709301
ImageImage