Hands-On: Mizumi Shubi

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Would you recommend this product to another?

Yay (i.e. recommend)
No votes
Nay (i.e. don't recommend)
No votes
Undecided (i.e. not sure yet)
100%

Total votes: 1

isoaker

Hands-On: Mizumi Shubi

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:12 am

Just acquired a Mizumi Shubi

For those unfamiliar with this one, the Mizumi line is a new water blaster line made by Stadlbauer (distributed by Carrera Toys in the US). I opted to try out their smallest one just to see how it feels and behaves.

The Mizumi Shubi is a small, pistol-class water blaster that comes with a detachable shield. The shield comes detached from the blaster and can be mounted on its right side if desired. It appears to be an pressurized-reservoir-based blaster, but I'll confirm this after I actually open the package. I haven't opened it just yet since I haven't taken packaging pictures.

Its general design is interesting, featuring a top-mounted semi-tracked pump and a bottom-positioned reservoir cap. The trigger has a decent feel to it, but its nozzle looks fairly small, along the lines of the Super Soaker Original/Classic Series. Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see how well this performs. Will hopefully get to test it out soon, but presently at work so it'[ll be tonight at the earliest.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Evangel

Re: Hands-On: Mizumi Shubi

Post by Evangel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:17 am

Wow, looks like things are about to get interesting in the world of WW. Starting to definitely remind me of classic Armored Core plotlines: major corporations each with their own unique weapon designs (i.e. Hasbro's SSs and BuzzBee's WWs), and now we got something along the lines of AC's Murakumo/Kisaragi/Arisawa corporation to add to the fun.

I LOVE how everything is named in Japanese, definitely a plus for huge otakus like me. Perhaps I'll go traveling around to see how WWs progress before I get back into this though.

Note: Wow, there's a comic on that site where they had a Mizumi gun wasting an Arctic Blast. That begs some questions, hm...

Croc

Post by Croc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:15 pm

Wow, I'd kind of like to see this gun in action.

EDIT: The KEN looks amazing! It reminds me of an arm mounted railgun. Where can I buy them? Only downside I can see is that the pump cap is upside down, and the price tag of 40 bucks US :oo:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:05 pm

Sorry for the delay on more stats and pics and such, but got caught up being a little busier than usual. I still haven't had a chance to take pics nor measure any stats yet. Hopefully tomorrow, but we'll see. Been busy with my other "soaker". :goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:22 pm

Ok, just took pics and tested the Mizumi Shubi out. As believed, the Shubi is an air-pressure water blaster. Using good ol' pressurized reservoir tech, it manages to produce nearly a 1x stream. The stream feels quite smooth/laminar, but someone feels a little lackluster in terms of its performance, even for a pistol-class blaster.

The shield is detachable, clipping into place, though potentially could come loose if accidentally bumped. I do like its aesthetics, but while I though the grip/trigger area to be decent, due to the shape of the base of the grip, it did feel a little cramped for my hands. What I didn't like is its top-mounted pump. It just doesn't feel very comfortable to pump; due to top placement, one's pumping hand must rotate upside-down to grip it, making it actually more difficult to pump. Due to the placement of the intake valve in the reservoir, this blaster cannot be used upside-down, either.

In the end, though, the Mizumi Shubi is a decent pistol-class water blaster. It'll also be interesting to hear/see how the other water blasters in this line perform.

Edit: Mizumi Shubi pics posted; review to come soon...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:59 pm

Mizumi: Shubi review now posted.

Enjoy!

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:26 pm

Funny...I took one look at the main picture and wondered what the rest of the gun looked like. I guess there is nothing else, huh?

Hmm...it looks a bit too chunky for me, just like the Arctic Blast.

Croc

Post by Croc » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:15 pm

Still, where can I buy guns from this company? Some of them look quite impressive

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:28 pm

Croc wrote:Still, where can I buy guns from this company? Some of them look quite impressive
I bought mine through Amazon.com. They also carry some of the larger ones.

isoaker

Mizumi: Shubi

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:51 am

Mizumi: Shubi Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Re: Mizumi: Shubi

Post by thelaminator » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:05 pm

are you going to review the rest of the line?

id like to see how well this line acctually is, including the "bashira" (largest in thier line)

i'd like to know more about these blasters before i blow 40$ (us) on them
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]