Water Warriors Jet doesn't shoot

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
bibz

Water Warriors Jet doesn't shoot

Post by bibz » Sat May 10, 2008 12:08 pm

I recently bought a water warriors jet because I figured it would work as a versatile pistol. The problem is that it won't shoot any water. I assume the batteries are properly in place since it makes a buzzing sound when the trigger is pulled and the resivoir is full.
Why could this be happening? :shock:

isoaker

Re: Water Warriors Jet doesn't shoot

Post by isoaker » Sat May 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Good question. I've only tested one Jet so far, but it worked without any problem. If the motor seems to be running, but it isn't shooting, either something is loose or something has gotten clogged. Which of the two it is cannot be determined from the info you've given so far. If you still have the receipt, I'd say exchange it as you might have just gotten a defective unit. If you cannot exchange it, I'd say try flushing the reservoir and nozzle with warm water, double-check the batteries, and try again. If it still doesn't shoot, you will need to open it up and look at its inner workings to see whether something has come loose.

If you do end up opening it up, if possible, share with us pictures and any insights you can about the internals. Based on pics and info, we can try to help diagnose the problem and suggest repair solutions.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

droidy

Post by droidy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:15 pm

I have purchased 2 of these now, both for my 2 year old daughter who wanted to join in with her older brothers. I thought they were an excellent idea, but like the previous poster, they don't work. In both cases I have put in the batteries, and the motor sounds like it's working, but doesn't shoot. I would really appreciate if you discovered what the problem is, otherwise it's back to Walmart for my money back, I don't want to try a 3rd one.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Welcome to the board, though your first post is an unfortunate subject.

Hmm... that's a little troubling to hear. As I noted above, the only one I've tried so far worked just fine. However, in light of these problems, I'll try opening mine up and poke around to see if I can find any likely candidates for problematic areas. Could you try a couple of things, though, on the Jet that isn't shooting?

First, without pulling the trigger, check the nozzle to make sure you don't see any visible debris of any sort clogging it. If not, try filling it with warm water and let it sit ~15 minutes, then empty the reservoir and fill it again with warm water and try shooting it. The idea here is that warm water would help dissolve any odd residue that may have clogged the reservoir intake. If no water is coming out still, with the reservoir mostly full and the trigger pulled, you can also try blowing into the reservoir to try to force water through the inner tubing in order to get it to shoot.

If you are successful at getting your Jet working, please let us know. I'll post more once I open up my Jet and poke around on its internals.

Good luck and soak on!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:35 pm

Update: bBad news first - while I attempted to open my Water Warriors Jet, I was unable to fully open the blaster. After removing the four screws (one for the battery compartment and three for the casing), I managed to pry the casing apart where I could, but the nozzle cap remained firmly attached, apparently glue in place. I used a couple of thin flat-head screw drivers to attempt to pry off the nozzle cap, but made no real progress, only managing to stress the plastic cap in parts. As such, there is really no apparent easy way to open the Water Warriors Jet.

The Good News - I was able to peek into the internals with the casing partially pryed apart. To my surprise (though I shouldn't have been after seeing the Water Warriors Tarantula Internals), the trigger not only activates the motor, but also opens a nozzle valve. Thus, I tried the following experiment. With no batteries in the blaster, I pressed my lips to the reservoir opening and tried blowing air through the blaster. If the trigger is not pulled, the reservoir just gets pressurized when I attempt to blow air in. However, if pulling the trigger, I can manage to blow air through the internals and out through the nozzle. That said, if your Jet is not firing, trying to blow through it when there's no water in the reservoir and the trigger is pulled, you can determine whether something is clogged or not. If air (or water if you have some water in the reservoir) can be pushed through the nozzle by blowing into the reservoir, try shooting with it again. If it still fails to shoot, there is something wrong with the pump.

Hope that helps!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:57 am

The Jet uses three AA batteries, according to the review. Make sure you inserted them all in the same direction.

Other than that, you may have to open your water gun to get a better look. We don't know that much about modern electric soakers because they're so new, so you may have to do a little troubleshooting.