Looking for CPS 2000

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
toddle77

Looking for CPS 2000

Post by toddle77 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:44 pm

Hello,

I'm new to this forum stuff, so please be gentle. I'm actually going camping with my church member this weekend, I want to slaughter the children with CPS 2000 or the next best thing. Anybody selling one for a decent price? Can't find one on the market (ebay, craigslist). Please reply. If I am in the wrong forum, please let me know. I am a newbie when it comes to forum, so please be gentle. :)

SSCBen

Re: Latest Soaker / Water Blaster

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:57 pm

Welcome to iSoaker.net :)

Sorry, but the CPS 2000 goes for incredibly high prices and those here with them either want to hold onto them or sell them at those high prices. There's sadly no such thing as a cheap powerful water gun anymore, unless you built it yourself. I'd suggest using something good that's currently available like the Orca by Water Warriors. If you want something more powerful, try your luck on eBay looking for older water guns but don't be surprised if the prices are high. It's also a good idea to check yard sales, thrift stores, flea markets, Freecycle, etc. If either option isn't good for you and you don't mind building, try building your own water gun.

Rising Flood

Re: Looking for CPS 2000

Post by Rising Flood » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:59 pm

I have to agree with Ben. The CPS 2000 is very hard to get. Even if you found one available, it would likely be very expensive. Actually, I think there's at least one on eBay right now, but it's something like $200. In any case, if you want the CPS 2000 for battle purposes, you should know that it is not actually the best Super Soaker in a fight. Sure, it's the most powerful, but it is not very practical in a realistic situation because: It uses up its water capacity very quickly--you can only get around 3 full shots before you run out of water; it is rather heavy and can be awkward to hold; and if you want a powerful and long shot, you need to pump a lot of times. However, there are significantly cheaper and just as good options. If you still want power, try a cheaper CPS-- maybe a smaller one such as a CPS 1000, 2100, 1200, or 1500. These cost much less, are still very powerful (compared to today's soakers) and are easier to find. Or if you want something you can get easily, pick up an Orca, Tiger Shark, or Arctic Blast, which can be found in most stores. They are not as powerful as the CPSs but still efficient enough to soak most kids and cheaper.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:09 pm

You have to watch out for deals if you're looking at eBay. Summer is generally not a good time to buy but you can still find some deals. For example, earlier today I bought a CPS 3000 on eBay with BIN for half the price they normally go for. People ignored it because it didn't have a backpack, which is stupid if you ask me. Making your own backpack is rather simple.

Thrift stores, Freecycle, and the like are good places to check too. Generally, the success rate isn't very high, but you can get some absolute steals. I've read of someone getting a CPS 2000 for like $2 or something. And with Freecycle I've seen people get back CPS 1000s and other water guns for no money at all.

Here's a guide I wrote that details finding discontinued water guns if you're interested in that toddle: http://www.sscentral.org/faq/discontinued.html

toddle77

Post by toddle77 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:46 pm

Wow. Thanks for the response. I appreciate everything that you guys included. All of the information was very useful. I think I'll try my luck with the garage sales and ebay. So what is the next best things in regards to power. I want to hurt these kids in a fun way though.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Ì just missed out on 4 CPS 1ks for $35. Although the seller might only ship to the US, I'm not sure. So it is possible to get really good deals in the summer, but as Ben said it's best to wait for winter to come.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:37 am

Your hunt for a powerful water blaster is a common one. However, if you're looking for something also that you're likely to be able to acquire by this coming weekend, there are a number of stock blasters that perform well, though not at the level of the harder hitting classic CPS-series.

Current decent-performing stock water blasters I'd suggest for now while you keep looking for bigger ones include:
Water Warriors Orca
Super Soaker Arctic Blast + Max-Infusion Backpack (100oz)
Super Soaker Flash Flood + Max-Infusion Backpack (100oz)
Water Warriors Hydra Pak

While not as powerful as blasters like the Super Soaker CPS 2000 or CPS2500, these ones are available in many stores so are much easier to find. Depending on the typical user and blaster you'd find yourself up against, the above blasters should do well. If you're up against primarily small armaments, you should have no problems.

Good luck in your search and let us know what you end up deciding upon and how it all goes!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:31 pm

The 3rd option that I don't see people mentioning is looking for less popular blasters on ebay, such as the CPS 1000, 1200, 2100, 2700, etc. True, its not easy to find a good deal on those right now, but doing so is easier than finding a good deal on the 2000, 2500, 3200, MXL, and other very popular/high demand soakers. The 1000, 1200, etc. will still perform very well, better than anything on shelves today.

However, since you're supposedly just blasting kids, the soakers mentioned above should do the job. Orca, Flash Flood, and Arctic Blast are by no means bad soakers (other than the upkeep they'll eventually require), but there's just simply better stuff out there.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat