Max-D 6000 or water warriors orca/other?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
zuloon

Max-D 6000 or water warriors orca/other?

Post by zuloon » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:31 pm

What is the best water gun currently available on the market?

SSCBen

Re: Max-D 6000 or water warriors orca/other?

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:38 pm

I wrote an page in my FAQ about good water guns currently available: http://www.sscentral.org/faq/2008-water-guns.html

If you want my personal opinion the Water Warriors Orca seems like the best water gun available this year.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:07 pm

2008's Orca seems to be pretty good, but that's from assumptions based on last year's and changes made to it. If the trigger is still having leaking problems (due to the spring weakening and not closing properly) you can easily place rubber bands on it to keep it closed. (though the long-term reliablilty of such a repair hasn't been verified yet)

Some of the better blasters available this year also include the Tiger Shark (though its trigger grip area is poorly designed) and the Arctic Blast. Flash Floods should also be available again this year, which may be a better choice than the AB but I haven't tried the AB's.

The Max-D 6000 is still not a bad soaker though. Its design is good for run-and-gun situations, it's easy to pump, and still has reasonably decent range for its stream size.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:42 pm

I think the maxd6000 is better than the orca because it pressurizes much more quickly. Altho the orca has a large firing chamber a good bit of the water in it isnt useful because it has to be at higher pressure to get decent power, also the pump handle is awkwardly shaped.
ownage

Croc

Post by Croc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:27 pm

The Orca is better, by both ranges and output. I have compared the ranges, and the Orca can shoot decent distances, and only requires like 20 pumps or less for full pressure. Just tap-shoot, and it will not lose much range.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:03 am

My orca gets a foot or 2 less than my 6000, and takes 25 pumps for full pressure. More significantly the 6000 is much lighter and less bulky, making it alot more wieldy to use.
ownage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:24 am

Super Soaker Max-D 6000 vs Water Warriors Orca stats

From my own experiences and stats measuring, the Orca is bigger, heavier, but also has more reservoir and PC capacity than the Max-D 6000. Conversely, the Max-D 6000 is small, lighter, but can actually shoot farther on its largest stream setting than the Orca can. The Orca has more nozzle selections and two stream nozzles that can output more water per second than the Max-D6000's largest nozzle setting (the Orca's fan setting also has higher output, but significantly less range due to its area effect).

Both are good blasters, but have different advantages. The better choice really ends up depending on how one plans on using the soaker.

Of course, there are some other good stock blasters like the Super Soaker Arctic Blast and Water Warriors Tiger Shark, but these, too, have specific strengths and weaknesses to them. IMO, I would have no problem using any of these blasters against a used using any other of the above. I wouldn't even mind going up against some of the bigger older blasters like the CPS1500 or even CPS2500, but of course, the current stock soakers are at a power and output disadvantage compared to the original CPS-series.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: