Tactics : Ambush

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Croc

Tactics : Ambush

Post by Croc » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:46 pm

This tactic is a spin off of the WWI Schleiffen Plan
Brief History lesson:
In WWI, this was a plan formulated by Germans to quickly remove France from the war, because Germany was fighting on 2 fronts. They would quickly eliminate France and then turn their firepower on Russia. This FAILED. Why? Germany's plan involved going through Belgium, a neutral country that had trade ties with GB. Belgium reported the invasion, and Britain intercepted some of the flanking forces.

Needed for this to work:
4-8 people equipped with moderately powered water guns, ranging from CPS 1000s to anywhere near MD6K in range (FFs work too)
An enemy

How it works (8 people)
Separate into 4 squads of 2, or 1 if need be.
2 people draw the enemy's attention, while 6 sneak off to one side, to flank the opponent.
2 more separate from the group at about 1/4 of the way, distracting the enemy yet again, and starting to close in the opponent, 4 continue
2 more separate from this group, starting to close in the enemy, about 1/2 of the way around the enemy, closing in their retreat.
Final squad continues until about 180 degrees from second squad, and closes off all the escape routes.

If you have 4 on your team, use 1 for each post
If you have 5 on your team, make the third squad have 2 people on it
If you have 6 on your team, make the second and fourth squads have 2 people in them
If 7, all but the first squad should go with 2.

This might work in CTF, as you could take the enemy hostage to show you where the flag is, or they join your team.
THIS WILL NOT WORK IN 1HK, because the first squad could hit a fist sized splash on the opponent.
If 1HK lives is the situation, this will work perfectly, systematically eliminating your opponent's lives.
It would work in a park or forest, where visibility is lessened by obstacles.

Congratulations! You have successfully made a successful version of the Schleiffen Plan in your own water wars! :wballoon2:

EDIT: Here are diagrams of how this should work:
Last edited by Croc on Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

isoaker

Re: Tactics : Ambush

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:32 am

If I'm reading this correctly, in essence, the end result is that you manage to more-or-less box in your opponent. Neat to have both a tactic as well as a mini-History lesson, too! :goofy:

Two questions for ya, Croc:
Think you could draw up a simple diagram for this just to help explain parts visually as this could help others a lot?
Also, may I repost this onto iSoaker.com?

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Croc

Post by Croc » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:41 am

I am working on a diagram right now, and you can repost this on iSoaker.
I will my first post with a diagram as soon as I finish it.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:52 am

@Croc: Nice! Thanks for the diagram and permission to repost. That makes things a lot clearer, actually! Good stuff!

Croc

Post by Croc » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:31 am

I also posted this over on my forums, and it will be added to my site when I update it next. We are working on reviews and other articles, like mods for the site, and there will be a big spring update, most likely
~CROC

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:38 am

Croc wrote:I also posted this over on my forums, and it will be added to my site when I update it next. We are working on reviews and other articles, like mods for the site, and there will be a big spring update, most likely
~CROC
Sound promising! Looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:44 pm

Update: article now reposted here. Thanks and enjoy!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:56 pm

I'd just like to compliment Croc on his use of history as an example and of his relation to the Schleiffen plan. Poor General Von Schleiffen, for he had great ideas, he was just lacking in the execution. Oh well, it appears that we can outdo him.