Question about Arctic Blast

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Prime

Post by Prime » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:31 pm

Hi, I'm new the the forums. I not really a hardcore soaker, but i have fun with waterblasters with my friends. Recently i bought an Arctic Blast. I noticed two things. The pump shaft makes a squeaking noise and it seems like there is a "rattling" noise in the pressure chamber area. Is this normal? If so, is there a way to cut down on the noise so that i'm not heard if i want to sneak up on someone?

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:38 pm

I'm no expert on this type of thing, however you could try to discern whether or not the squeaking while pumping is mechanical, or coming from the chamber. If it's mechanical, a light dose of a non-abrasive lubricant on the exterior of the pump shaft might help you out. If it's coming from the inside of the chamber, maybe you're pumping too much? I'm not sure about that...
Hope I was of help-

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:01 am

Welcome to the Forums!

I'll check my Arctic Blast later to see if I also hear a rattling sound; I don't recall any, but then again, it was a noisier environment where I did my testing. As for the squeaking, it's either from the pump shaft or one of the internal valves having some turbulence when you pump. If it's from a valve, not much you can do apart from hope it goes away with more use. If you opt to apply lubricant to the pump, make sure it is a water soluble lubricant or one that is definitely compatible with the internal rubber O-ring and pressure chamber. As well, only apply lubricant sparingly as excess lubricant may end up entering the firing chamber and on your next target (not very good). Of course, if you're worried about making too much noise when prowling about, make sure your blaster is fully pumped before you head on a covert mission. Will get back to you regarding the rattling...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Prime

Post by Prime » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:58 am

Thanks for the responses! The noise from the pump is in the pump shaft, so if it keeps bothering me, maybe i'll apply lubricant. The rattling sound is only when I turn the blaster one way or another. I just don't want to open it up if i don't have to...!
---edit-----
Actually, i got bored, so I took the case off of my AB. It seems like the "rattling" is the rubber pc hitting the sides of the plastic casing. Now i know why it makes the sound, but i still don't know if it's normal! :goofy:

Edited By Prime on 1186419255

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:28 pm

Well, I took my Arctic Blast and shook it and really didn't hear any serious noises. The only notable noise was from the intake tubing hitting the base of the reservoir, but that wasn't so loud. Haven't tried shaking it when the PC is full, but when the PC is empty, didn't hear any rattling.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Prime

Post by Prime » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:37 pm

Okay thanks! I guess I'll have to see why mine makes noise then...!
----edit----
Well. I opened it up one more time, looked at it through and through, and I still don't get it! To me, it is still the pressure chamber hitting the sides of the plastic casing, and it doesn't seem abnormal...in the sense that I can't readily see any parts disconnected/out of place. My intake tube on the other hand makes no noise at all. It also doesn't seem like it affects performance of the blaster, so I guess I'll just live with it!

Edited By Prime on 1186449696