All Monsters Overrated? - Is it just me?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:06 pm

@isoaker: As long as the content is informative and interesting, it doesn't matter to me... :)

@DX: :laugh:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:17 pm

Duxburian wrote:At this point in time, I'm not recommending the heavy K's of old, unless the mod is so heavy that the bloated pc hits the casing walls before you can overpump it.

One way to get around that, just use a larger PC case. I swapped one from my broken 1-3-5 into my CPS 2100, so it can still get a little shot time with the 100 balloon k-modded CPS 1000 bladder. I still need to do that cvf, nozzle drill, and reinforce the internals though. :goofy:

Edited By Crashdummy on 1186247861

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:05 pm

Best wishes with finishing the gun, I'd love to see pictures of the gun w/the new PC case. Also, streamshots would be nice :-P
Good luck!
:soakw2000: :goofy:

Leroy

Post by Leroy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:29 pm

I got squirted in the face with a monster filled with gunge on high setting from close range. It hurt.
from Chickensarefluffy's photobucket

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:34 pm

I'm fairly satisfied with my current MXL shooting 40 feet on the dual 11.5X. Is it overated? For $160 probably. But then again most bidders are nuts. Just as overated as bidders cranking out $120 or $150 for a CPS 2500 or a CPS 3000.

As for practicality, its not what you use but how you use it. For me a 25 pounds MXL is nothing realy(I lift 3 times as much at my job up and down the stairs for hours). So weight is relative. Shot time is relative aswell. Someone not satisfied on the shot time on the largest settings, then switch to the singe 5X nozzle and you have 10+ seconds shot time. Its distance should still match the CPS2100. Also with the 5X after shooting for 2-3 seconds you can pump 7-8 times till full pressure. So not 45 pumps required for each shot.
Its all about how you use it.

Now, if I would be in a competetive match, then I would use a couple of CPS 2000 or a K-Modded soaker. But if I would be at a casual get together against people who just want to have fun, then rest be asured I use my MXL just so I can look like a stylish tough guy with a big-ass gun. :cool: Because its also not just what you play, but how you play it. :bringit:

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1186370121

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:55 am

Re:Overrated Monsters

I think it depends on the user. The guns sold well because there'd never been anything that insanely big before, and for those people who got them to have the biggest thing on the block, yeah, they were overrated.

My brother on the other hand, was positively surgical with his MX, and a friend two doors down was strong and fast enough to use an MXL to maximum effect. Instead of being too much gun for them, the Monsters were just enough.

Overrated depends on the operator.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.