Training execises - Help me come up with some execises

Water warfare game types, ideas, rules, organization, etc.
Pikey

Post by Pikey » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:40 am

I'm planning to have a big water war at the end of August but I've got some time on my hands for the next week or so. I need some good training execises to home my skills. The don't all have to be blaster related. Any help?

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:19 am

Just individual stuff?

The most specific training depends on your intended game type, as well as age, battlefield type, amount of players, skill of players, weaponry, etc. I can suggest more general things given lack of all that information, though. You may want to work on accuracy, dodging ability, physical fitness, and knowledge of the gun you intend to use.

Accuracy - Obviously, try shooting at something from varied ranges and angles. However, only shooting at stationary objects doesn't do too much. If you want real accuracy, practice the real way, at somebody.

Dodging Ability - Much of this is natural. However, poor agility can be improved by specialized drills and games. Ladder-hopping, suicides, and cone sprints work, but so do simple games that require fancy footwork and quick movement. Dodgeball is unsurpassed at reducing your reaction time to virtually nothing. Track [or just casual sprinting] greatly boosts your speed and gives you the ability to control your adrenaline. Football tunes up your footwork and ability to evade people. Ultimate Frisbee gets you used to moving and jumping at weird angles. Even seemingly unrelated things, like piano, teatherball, field hockey, and video games can be used to fire your reflexes. Not only that, but you can improve your ability to preempt where a stream will be fired simply by having a friend shoot at you and trying to dodge the shots.

Physical fitness is not necessary, but being in shape obviously gives you an edge in a war. There are different types of "being in shape". The one most people think of is distance endurance, which is not the most important for a water war. You want sprinters' endurance - improved by drills, sports/games which use it, and weight lifting targeting the lower body.

Knowing your gun is perhaps the easiest to do. Read up on all there is to know about your gun. Figure out what its strengths and weaknesses are. Then, try to maximize its strengths and eliminate its weaknesses. If you know or have an idea about the enemy weaponry, research that in the same manner. Find the strengths and weaknesses of the enemy guns. Then, try to exploit their weaknesses and eliminate their strengths.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN. If going about this all seriously isn't fun to you, then go simple. If you like serious, then really gear up for the fight. How far you take 'training" depends entirely on personal preference. :cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:23 am

For training, see if you can invite your team over. Do skirmishes together if you can (hitting others is different than simply hitting stationalry targets), get everyone familiar with weapons, and get you and your team coordinated. Make sure your team can work together well, coordinate attacks, etc.

If you're just by yourself, just make sure you have a good feel for your guns. Maybe you could practice attacks and targetting on stationary targets. Also, you might want to read some articles online.

Just some ideas...

Edit: Didn't see DX's post while writing this.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1185812668
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:28 am

This page on iSoaker.com got buried, but has links to a number of articles here that may come in handy for individual knowledge and training exercises. As both Duxburian and C-A_99 suggested, practicing with others and/or your team works well. In the end, it's about knowing your own, your blaster's, and, of course, your opponents' strengths and weaknesses and maximizing your own strengths while maximizing your enemy's weaknesses.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Pikey

Post by Pikey » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:32 pm

I'm going to be fighting in woods and have woods avalible to me. It'll probably be a team free for all. Thanks for the advice so far.

Leroy

Post by Leroy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:38 pm

Try vaulting over low walls, fences, etc. while firing at a target. that works for me
from Chickensarefluffy's photobucket

rbertaut44

Post by rbertaut44 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:40 pm

Read the zen of soaking it has some idias.
Normal Pasition: Camander/Hevy Forword
Main Gun: CPS 3200| Backup Gun: Aquashock Seckrit Strike
Arsonal: CPS 3200, 100 oz Aqua Pack, Max D 2000, Water Ball SL 175 and ML 100, Sheald Blaster 1000 and 3000, Aquashock Seckrit Strike, Healix, and Storm 2 in1.

Broken guns: A lot