What to do with captives? - Needs advice on captives

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Pikey

Post by Pikey » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:58 am

I'm not sure about what to do with POW's. There don't seem to be any recommended rules and I'm not sure what to do with the POW's. Any help?

XP270

Post by XP270 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:02 am

When the MM captures POWs we lock them in my backyard and confiscate their weapons. Sometimes depending on their kill/death ratio we do (We play OHK) often eliminate them because there is a chance of them escaping and retriving their weapon!
Retired Leader of the Moubis Militia

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:04 pm

Hmm... Some people have used long balloons to create water balloon handcuffs, so you can easily keep POW's. What I would do is, of course, take all weapons, then begin interrogating them with a 12k pointed to their head. (ok, maybe not like that, but still...)

Keeping POW's seems to be only useful in elimination.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Pikey

Post by Pikey » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:04 pm

They could be used for there knowledge.....

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:37 pm

If I were in a game type with POW's, I wouldn't bother keeping them anywhere. I'd give them a chance to tell me some info, maybe shoot a couple to show them that I mean business, and then shoot the rest anyway, regardless of whether they talk. Guarding POW's would be a waste of men and time.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:51 pm

Then shoot the rest anyway, regardless of whether they talk.

Lol :laugh:. Careful DX, you're starting to sound a little Russian.

Actually, that would probably be the best thing to do. Unless you had a big team (12+) that had a solid system of holding POW, so that you could spare 1 person to keep 4 enemies from re-spawing back into the action. Then it would probably be worth it.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:10 pm

When I play with POWs, I first take their weapons and empty them completely. I then shoot a few of them or all of them, depending on how I feel.

If they are using the older xp-type weapons with a screw-off nozzle, I'll take the opportunity and remove it, to put in a safe place for later.

I know that might sound cruel, but hey... they surrendered~

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:01 am

Normally I don't like to keep POWs, even if the game rules allow it. I wouldn't like to be held as a POW by my opponents, and hence release surrendered opponents in the hope that they'll reciprocate if I or any allies were captured. Besides, it's more honourable to use the water in your soaker to defeat opponents in combat, rather than defenseless guys sitting around. :cool:

Also, the nature of urban battlefields is that fighting is fast and furious. So, once information is extracted from the POW, if any, its usually outdated or too late to respond.

For the most part though, POW has been a neutral institution meant to facilitate life and death. Dead people go there, do a forfeit regulated by a moderator team, and leave alive, albeit covered in chocolate sauce or mustard or something weird. However, during my tenure as game planner, I've avoided using that system, as generally the prospect of escaping POW motivates many to be dishonest and thus the game slowly degenerates. Comparatively, it would be a nicer option to simply run back to your base and respawn. After all, a little honesty doesn't hurt when faced with a less desirable option. The honour system doesn't always work, but with the use of superficial psychology, one might realize that giving the player two options: either respawn honestly, or be dragged off to POW, might work quite well, since many would naturally and gratefully choose the first option.
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:36 am

In a OHS game, I personally would prefer suicide to becoming a POW. But In a long lasting OHK-Elimination game, it might be worth the chance that you're team will rescue you and you can continue playing, rather than being forced to leave the field.

On the other hand, an enemy is less likely to take you prisoner in a OHKE, for those same reasons.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

Leroy

Post by Leroy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Not that there's anything wrong with russia :soaked: :laugh:
from Chickensarefluffy's photobucket