I just got an amazing deal, MXL! - 25.00!

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:32 pm

I just purchased a Super Soaker Monster XL for 25.00, plus 25.00 shipping! It's in quite nice condition and should arrive tomorrow.
I'm quite excited, because this is just so awesome.
This may seem far-fetched, or too good to be true, but i will post the details and some pictures after it arrives, most likely tomorrow or sat.

Patience did reward me,
I was far from willing to shell out the 150-250 that they've been selling for on ebay, so i waited and waited... well, i've really been back soaking for less than three months, so i waited for a... fair amount of time,

and after intense searching throughout this time, i came upon a fluke. I'll post the link once i receive the soaker and the deal is sealed;

just so that there's nothing that could possibly interfere, if y'all know what i mean.

I'll show two pics now, these are from the seller.
Once i get it, i'll send some of me using it, i think.
I'm just amazingly excited, i felt like i should share this with everyone.

if you happen to find where this soaker may have posted this as being for sale on the internet, kudos to you.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:30 am

Wow! Great deal you got! Even cheaper than the original retail pricing! Hope it all works out and that you got a fully functional model.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:22 pm

I just received, unpacked, tested, and then photographed the MXL.

Everything works great. It's not in mint condition, however I think that it's lookin' pretty darn good and am not disappointed in any way.
You guys also get to see a small glimpse of a small section of my armory. There are no other pictures of my armory online at this time, I plan to post full, professional-looking pictures in the armory section soon, however this is all y'all get to see right now. :-P

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:01 pm

Very nice find! I was pretty frustrated last year when I saw an MXL go out for $15 bids and $15 shipping, and never got it. Now, I've missed another one, but doubt I would have been able to get it anyways now. Got the url to the auction?

Edited By C-A_99 on 1184385706
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:20 pm

Ah, very good sir! I see you have a HydroBlitz! You have a very powerful armoury! HB, CPS 2 and 2.5 K, and the MXL!

Edited By hydroblitz on 1184386975
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:55 pm

Ah, I appreciate your compliments. Yes, I do have a 2 and a 2.5k, but as you know the armory would be nothing without the 'blitz.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:48 pm

Er... I own a HydroBlitz and I think it's a powerful addition to my armoury. But that's my personal opinion.

Edited By hydroblitz on 1184482122
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:42 pm

Just joshin' with ya' man,
despite the other powerful guns that I do have, by comparison to other modern guns, and even some older ones, it's not bad at all. I certainly won't diss the 'blitz. Not sarcastic this time, by the way.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:48 am

Ah, I had a feeling you were being sarcastic. I was just too afraid to ask.
Soak On!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:32 am

Great pics! I particularly like how you've mounted your blasters onto the peg-type board. I considered doing such a thing once, then realized there just wasn't enough wall space for everything (plus it'll get dusty after awhile). While for display it's great, you might consider having some sheets or a canvas tarp over your blasters for longer storage just to protect them both from dust as well as light damage. From those pics, it looks like that room is lit by fluorescent lights; sadly, fluorescent light does a great job at slowly bleaching coloured plastic.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:50 am

EEK! I was unaware of the poor effects of fluorescent lighting. I will have to do something about that.

The storage/display that I have currently is more of just a summer thing, and most of these soakers are recently-acquired. I plan to use something similar to your 'weaponry crates' with bubble wrap, most likely, when i put some into storage for the off-season.

How long does it take for fluorescent lights to have an effect?
I must really do something about that, the room is fitted with several hanging fluorescent bulbs and one or two conventional ones. Not sure if the one or two conventional ones will provide enough light, though.

Any input would be great.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:40 am

No need to panic, but the speed of de-coloring really depends on how close the plastic is to the light source and how long the lights are on. I don't have specific times, but I have seen the after-result and it is not very pretty. Granted, things I've seen with noticeable discolouration were under fluorescent lights for ~8-12 hours a day for a couple of years.

I believe almost any light source (except perhaps for really good, UV-clear cold light sources) will end up bleaching things over time. I've also seen cardboard, coloured paper, wood, etc. be discoloured from lights. It is most pronounced at places where something had been covering part of the original material from light which is then removed. One of the freakiest things I saw was from pictures I had in a room stapled onto some coloured cardboard. The cardboard faded, but because of how the light managed to pass through where the pictures were placed, the light etched a ghostly copy of the picture onto the cardboard backing. That happened in the course of about 3 years.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:04 pm

Okay.
I will work to prevent any bleaching from happening. The soakers are mounted only for about five months a year... well, that's what i'm planning at least-

I'll see if I can somehow place some lamps, or at least move the fluorescent lights so that they are a reasonable distance away, or put the best guns farther down. I'm not sure.

Will advise as events progress.

xela245121

Post by xela245121 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Whoa! Is that you, cobralex? weren't you the kid who offered to buy some super soakers from me? You may not remember me, but I'm the one who bid on and won that CPS 3000. It's cool to see you on this site!
:cool: :laugh: :cps2000: ??? :cps3000:

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:26 pm

Remember, you could always paint the guns!
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:55 pm

@zela: HEY! Yeah, that's probably definitely me, i've seen you bidding on soakers for a while on ebay. I can't remember if we've actually spoken, but considering the amount of times i've seen you bidding, i'd be curious to see what's in your armory. It is cool to see you here, definitely.

@hydroblitz: I suppose i could, however I prefer to keep stock colors.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:13 pm

I usually like all black guns. VERY DANGEROUS but I like it.
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:11 pm

Yes, definitely very dangerous. Although I cannot actually relate from personal experience, reasons for that danger, I can say that I have read many articles about tragic shootings with their roots in black-painted toy guns.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:59 pm

Yes, but I have wars in a safe place. (my neighbourhood)
Soak On!

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:03 pm

Cool. Very nice find and excellent pics. This goes in my mental list of amazing deals on water guns!
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...