CPS 15.10k - Nice gun

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:09 pm

Well, I have another integration to report. Urbanfighter7 put a CPS 1500 bladder in a CPS 1000. Then I helped him kmod it with 20 balloons.

This is a fantastic gun. If I could choose any feasible gun to use in a war,this would be the one. Nice range, good shot time, small and compact and okay capacity. The gun was turning out to be very good. Then urbanfighter7 nozzle-drilled it a little far and it lost range, but gained output. Now it shoots in somewhat of a shortish range fanish blast(It was way better not fanified).

I would give you all exact ranges and outputs, but the gun is at urbanfighter7's house. I'll post those when I see him later. Anyway, I would especially recommend this gun(not sloppily nozzle drilled)as a lightweight powerful blaster. If you have a spare 1500 bladder lying around-it can be very useful for modding!
:cps1500:
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:37 pm

Sounds good...although I'll never be able to accept integrations until I figure out why switching bladders offers a much more noticeable increase than does adding balloons (maybe the ID of the bladders are different? No space wasted between layers?). I'm just like that.

You could consider filling the nozzle aperture with epoxy (carefully though...don't want it dripping in and clogging things) and redrilling. Or you could cut off the nozzle part completely and add a nozzle selector.

Anyway, sounds like a successful mod, so congratulations and have fun!

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:54 pm

Sounds good...although I'll never be able to accept integrations until I figure out why switching bladders offers a much more noticeable increase than does adding balloons (maybe the ID of the bladders are different? No space wasted between layers?). I'm just like that.

It has to do with the strength of the bladder and size of the bladder, though the host gun's HPL and nozzle also have an impact. The 1500 bladder is the strongest and largest of all spherical pc guns, hands down. The thing is the same size as a 40-45 balloon 21K bladder. Likewise, the 1000 pc is the size of a 21K pc with about 15-20 balloons on it, hence why the original 1100 worked the way it did.

Now with that said, K-modding the pc in its native host may yield better results than integrating when the original pc case is larger. For example, the 1500 has a giant pc case, so its power is best utilized inside a 1500 body. Moving the valuable 1500 pc is a personal decision. Now that I have a 1500, I know this and wouldn't move it unless the gun fatally breaks.

Interestingly enough, my freshly modded 15K also has 20 balloons. I'd like to see how this plain 15K matches up to your 15.10K in range.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers