Big Guns - On The Same Team

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:11 am

Has anyone ever had a CPS 2000, 2500, 3000, 3200, MX, and the MXL all on the same team when they had a water fight? If they did, how did it go? If you don't want to answer this, then don't. I'm just really bored right now.
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:54 am

I've had the 2000, 2500, 3000, and MX
the result was pure and utter ownage. I can't imagine what the addition of a 3200 and a MXL would have meant.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:11 am

I've had a 3200 and three 2500s. We won that war, but we certainly did not achieve pure and utter ownage. My enemy is always dangerous, even with very light guns.

If we brought every big gun we've got, the RM would field a light 15K, 1500, 2000, MXL, 3000, four 2500s, two 3200s, and we could fix a 5th 2500, a 3rd 3200, and a moderate 27K which are currently broken. :laugh:

Edited By Duxburian on 1183133907
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:12 pm

Well, most everyone here knows my stance, but I'll reiterate:

Heavy Artillery and its uses wins water wars.

I always have at least 3 of the said guns in my arsenal. Shoot, I carry a 2000 and an MXL as my normal armament. Results? The intimidation factor is huge against rookies, and the sight of me tramping across the battlefield is enough to send chills down even a veteran's spine, but everything has its weaknesses. I always have two or three guys with MD5000s with me if I'm out on HG duty.

As for victory, Baptist Lightning has yet to lose a battle.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:39 am

"Artillery" is technically reserved for sling and pneumatic launchers. "Heavy cannon" is a better word for big guns, though I personally don't use the phrase on grounds that only a 100x+ shooting homemade water cannon deserves the class name.

Even though the RM does possess quite a few heavy hitters, our strength lies in guns with 50 or more feet of range, usually k-modded mid-size guns. I don't even try for physical intimidation, it does not work because Waterbridge knows better. Old veteran teams don't know what intimidation is, except under extraordinary circumstances. If I were to walk onto the field with a finished Death Cannon, the enemy wouldn't be quite as eager to attack as usual... :goofy:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:11 am

We had an MX, MXL, 2000, 2700, and 3200 all on the same team. It was an interesting balance of power. I will say this though, most of that war was fought with smaller arms, like 310s and SC600s. The big guns just aren't that manueverable, and they drink water like crazy.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:39 pm

man adrian, i wish i was on your team, or even against it... just in your general AREA even, i mean... all my battles are of 3v3 or less simply because there's no INTEREST around me. Having a collection of 45+ soakers... i think i deserve better.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Oh wow, that would be really nice, but no. I have had the CPS 2000 with lots of 1500s/1700s and a 3200. That was nice though.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:21 am

In urban settings, fast response is required for even normal engagements as sometimes we bump into each other suddenly. Therefore, my weapon of choice would be a light gun, unless I wear armour, in which case I can afford to carry a larger gun due to less need to dodge. Besides, heavy weaponry's effectiveness is reduced (aside from a useful range advantage) because a wall can block a large stream as easily as a small one.

For the most part, partly also due to lack of big guns, squads would be armed with either light guns or water bombs, with few heavy gunners whenever large guns are freed up for use. Large guns are mainly used for defense, ambush or intimidative suppression (of which the effect is greater as powerful guns are rare).

@Leviathan: Haha, while heavy artillery may be intimidating and powerful in barrages elsewhere, the rules change quite a bit in different environments, especially building complexes, wherein heavy cannons may even become a disadvantage(except perhaps against armour).
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima