The best SS vs WW 2007 - Real results from real fights

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Wed May 09, 2007 5:55 pm

This forum is for the ongoing battle (if you can call it that!) of Water Warriors vs Super Soaker for their best guns of 2007 (generally just their top model but their second down is also relevent). Here's the raw data from the SS and WW top weapons:

Super Soaker Hydroblitz:
Small Nozzle: 40ft, ~60ml/s and ~15-16seconds shot time.
Big Nozzle: 4 150ml/s bursts per charge. 30ft max efficiency range.
Pumps: ~28
Reseviour: 3L (101oz)
Firing Chamber/s: ~700ml and ~150ml
Mods: Remove big nozzles mesh, drill out small nozzle and for the more serious modder getting rid of the second pc and doing a collosus on the main pc.

Water Warriors Orca:
5 nozzles with max output ranging from 22ml/s (30s shot time) to 208ml/s (3s shot time) and max range of ~45ft.
Pumps: ~20
Reseviour: 2.5L (83.3oz)
Firing chamber: 700ml
Mods: Drill out one of the nozzles to be really big.

This however is ONLY statistics so now it's time to see which one is truly better in the heat of the moment IN the field (real time battles). These are the questions I'd like answering

Which gun allows more strategy (noise level, weight, reseviour etc)?
Which gun has more punch during a close range all out conflict?
Which is the better sniper?
Which gun is victorious in the final scoring of a water fight? :)

And do these answers change after modding (improving) either or both of these guns?

Edited By nz veteran on 1178757851
The outcome of a water fight:
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%
:soakon2:

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 09, 2007 6:53 pm

These questions cannot be answered all that well in their current state. You're missing two crucial parts of comparison - user and fighting style. We can assume equal skill and equal experience, but in what [OHK, OHS, OSF, FFA, etc.]? Then there's fighting style - type of terrain, how far the users are willing to take water warfare, how far the users are willing to take tactics and strategy, etc.

Stats alone rarely decide which of two guns performs better, even if there is a huge range, output, size, etc. gap between them. Comparing two guns used to be simple, but it is no longer if you want to do come up with the most realistic conclusions.

Personally, I'd flip a coin for all of the listed questions with the given information. Just alone, the guns have too similar stats to judge. Stuff like 5ft difference in range and 20 pumps vs 28 equal out on the field of battle. However, the Hydroblitz does have the burst shots. The Orca is much more maneuverable. That is still inconclusive though.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Wed May 09, 2007 7:41 pm

I said, this is just statistics. You have got it completely wrong. I'm not saying what they COULD be like 1 on 1 I want people to write in about EXPERIENCE of these two guns agains't (or with) each other in battle. Therefor they will be in the same games if they are versing each other and I am assuming very similar skill levels. Please don't post guys UNLESS you have been INVOLVED in a fight with BOTH these guns active either agains't each other or with. This forum is not for speculation, it is for battles that have actuallly taken place.

It therefor may take a while before people have been in fights with one of these guns and versed or worked in co-op with another person who has the rival brands gun. This forum may take a while before it gets underway.

Sorry for the confusion I may have caused as a I realise now that I should have waited to put this forum up as what i DIDN'T want to happen (what duxburian posted) was just arguments involving speculation about these guns not experience.
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed May 09, 2007 8:55 pm

Well I doubt many will have both guns, and the speculations are always pretty accurate. (DX's speculations at least)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 09, 2007 9:43 pm

So far, no one has seen both guns used in the same war, only one of the two. With the right information, "speculation" is not so speculative. Plus, all [good] predictions are based on experience. You don't need to have used a certain gun to know how it will do. You do need experience [in my case a decade's worth] with similar guns or guns with similar characteristics. I do this kind of stuff in my sleep - comparing guns is vastly easier and less complex than the other aspects of wars I have to worry about. Personally, I don't need to see these guns fight each other in order to know how they will perform in certain combinations of fighting style, location, and user variables. It is next to impossible to know a complete answer with only actual results - you can't simulate every important variable in real life with a real fight. If someone posts results of a Hydroblitz vs Orca clash, be aware that their observations only cover a single set of variables, of which there are probably several dozen combinations or more. Reliable conclusions can't be drawn from that, and if your style, skill, location, etc. don't match, then you can't really make assumptions based off it for use in your own wars.

In the past, all of this wasn't necessary. Back then, there were simple answers for everything. Times have changed because more accuracy and a better understanding of war variations are possible.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed May 09, 2007 11:30 pm

Who wins? Whoever paid less. :cps2500:

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Thu May 10, 2007 12:11 am

I realise that no one has seen both guns in action yet, this forum is for when they have. Please don't argue this point. I accept that you guys know much more than I do about water guns so I'm happy to listen but I would really prefer to WAIT for what happens when these guns are agains't each other.

For further discussion on the Hydroblitz and Orca that isn't from the field please use the HYDROBLITZ forum. Thanks. :)

Edited By nz veteran on 1178773956
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%

needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp » Tue May 15, 2007 8:00 pm

ZOCCOZ wrote:Who wins? Whoever paid less. :cps2500:
oh so the 4 year old with the piston pistol :D
x

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Wed May 16, 2007 8:19 pm

I just got the HydroBlitz today and I removed the mesh. I never really got to test it yet, but I might test it tomorrow.

:cps2000: :soaked: :cps2500:
Soak On!