My Greatest War Story - The Seige of Baptist Hall

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:04 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the saga of The Churches.

In my town, all of the churches have at least a few warriors that square off in skirmishes throughout the summer. It is not unusual, though, for two or more churches to have Vacation Bible School on the same week. These weeks are where the real battles take place-the greatest of these on a week where the Baptist and the Methodist church took the same timeframe....

THE SEIGE OF BAPTIST HALL

It had been a long time since my last ice cream sandwich, and I was savoring every bite as I surveyed my army. We had decided to give out squirt guns to the little kids in order to assure the next generation of Baptist warriors; we didn't want there to be a shift of power. The Methodist church had always had more fighters than us, but we had better tactics and much more discipline. I was praying that there would be no battle-we were underarmed: 14 guys, 3 girls. As the day wore on, I finished my sandwich and began to play with the kids; my CPS 2000 was slung over my back, and they all wanted to play with it. I was running from some of the kids when I rounded the corner into the street, and I saw them.

25+ well-equipped Methodist warriors, and they were moving steadily down the road, trying to be stealthy.

We quickly rounded up all the non-combatants and herded them into the Fellowship Hall: our base of operations. I had two WBLs at my command, and I sent them up onto a hill overlooking the road where the Methodists were advancing. There is a house between where they were and the road, so I knew they were in no danger of attack, but I sent fully loaded Vaporizers with each of them just in case. They traveled light, as the Christian church sits atop that hill, and it could serve as a filling station. I set my two MXLs in the 2nd floor windows, and the rest of my group settles into ambush positions behind cars, steps, fire escapes, anything we could hide behind, and we waited.

Just as my WBLs radioed readyness, the Methodist wave reached the very corner I had seen them from mere minutes before, and stopped, sensing the ambush awaiting them in the parking lot. They were still out of range for anything but my Max-Ds, so I gave my artillery position the go ahead, provided they could guage the distance. The first shots were absolutely majestic: I watched from atop the fire escape (I was the only person the enemy could see, but was way out of range for even their farthest Max-Ds) as the two balloons landed right atop the telephone lines, showering the enemy below. Fearing another artillery strike, the wave moved into the parking lot, where the ambush welcomed them with various fire, backed by the artillery. Unfortunately, there were far too many, and my entire squad was forced back. The Methodists took three POWs as they worked their way into the parking lot, forcing my squad into the building, and eventually climbing the fire escape I was on. My 2000 made short work of those in front, but the 2000 power flaw came into effect, and I was forced to withdraw inside. I was furious, as a quick roll call revealed that of the three POWs, one was my brother, one, my girlfriend. We had forced six Ms back to their church: two had actually fell a few steps down the fire escape from my 2000, but fortunately weren't hurt bad. So the seige began, with my MXLs putting out as fast as possible to keep them from the building, and my artillery frozen, as I was afraid to give away their position.

Within 15 minutes, the Ms declared a ceasefire and delivered an ultimatum via my gfs talkie: Surrender, or watch as my brother, friend, and girlfriend are hit with balloons until we surrender. As commander, I again assumed my position on the top of the fire escape, 2000 fully loaded and in hand. I casually waked down the stairs, buying time for my boys upstairs to pick their targets. There were three Ms holding balloons on my fighters' heads, they were my targets. I tried to hold my voice steady, but I could hear my own nerves as I told the lead M, "We have considered your ultimatum, and have decided to..." On "to", my MXLs opened up over my head. I quickly laid out three bursts at close range into the chests of the three captor Ms, starting with the guy over my gf because she had on a white shirt. My three ran inside, but my brother took the balloon burst, and was out of the battle. I took some serious shots from 2100s and 4100s, and again had to retreat inside. Most of the Ms had run out of ammo, and my WBLs were keeping them away from the fill station at the corner of the church. We decided to launch a counterattack.

The MXLs kept firing as the rest of my group formed up at the door facing the parking lot. We then blasted out of the door, guns blazing, driving the empty Ms back into the main fire of my artillery on the hill. Within two minutes, the M line broke, and ran quickly toward their church. We pursued halfway down the street, picking off the stragglers, mainly HWOs, but stopped there, as we were still outnumbered. The Methodists launched a few more little raids, but my artillery kept them well away from the parking lot.

To this day, my team still calls that battle "The July Miracle", but to me, it was no miracle; just a great team doing what great teams do best: winning the day, when all odds are stacked against them.

The glory be to God, then to my team. Without these, I would be up a fire escape without a prayer.

I'm working on maps of the area to give you guys a better understanding of the field, I'm hopin to have them ready soon.

Edited By Leviathan on 1176005509
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:50 pm

Ahhh.
Though I am mainly a 1HK fighter, there is nothing I love more than an epic and spontaneous soak-fest that has just appeared out of nowhere.
With a solid soaker by my side, a team of loyal fighters behind my back and overwhelming odds coming at me... that is every water-warriors heaven. :soaked: :love:

WBLs barking out dreanchings from above, CPS beams hissing past my head... how I wish I had been there.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Great story! I so wish I could have been there...
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Sounds awesome! If I may, I'd like to repost your story onto iSoaker.com when you've got the map ready.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:50 pm

Y'all have such great fights. I'm now officially jealous. Thanks for reminding me what a good waterfight is.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:46 pm

Well, I cant draw, using paint just looks wierd, and I cant zoom for enough on either mapquest or Google Earth to get a good picture to modify into a battle map. Im still workin on it though.
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:58 pm

Ooh, good story. If I can ask, where in the US do you live?

I also don't like 1HK. Soak-fest is the most fun way to play.

Edited By Loumeyer on 1177718356
ImageImage

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Fri May 04, 2007 10:07 pm

I, my friend, am in Tennessee, leagues away from everyone on these forums save one.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sat May 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Hey iSoaker, the maps aren't turning out right now, you have my permission to repost the story alone though. I'll email you the maps if I can ever make them work.... :(