Has anyone tested the Arctic Blast?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Eva1ence

Post by Eva1ence » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:36 pm

I am a fan of small cps based blasters and I been wondering about the Arctic Blast since I hardly see anyone posting about it. I know we all get caught up with the biggest, best, and most powerful in every generation but lets take a closer look at what else is on the table.

The main concern is how does it compare to the Flash Flood. Some of the things I'm interested in are: size, build quality, stream size, power, reservior capacity, range, and even looks. Also, I could care less about the ice cubes, because as we all know you can put ice cubes in any gun. This post is mainly for all those who have actually tested the gun. Too much speculation without ownership is pointless.

The only piece of technical information I have gathered so far is that the total capacity for the blaster is 40 oz, where the Flash Flood has a total capacity of 50 oz. This would seem to hint that the blaster is only slightly smaller then the Flash Flood.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:52 pm

Somebody has one, I think - perhaps it was Leviathan?

I think the riot blast still has good range, with a wider spread now. No ice core. The blaster looks pretty chunky to me, as with a lot of this year's SS crop.

I'm not 100% sure on any of that, though. Do a search and it'll probably come up. :cool:

Croc

Post by Croc » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:46 pm

I would have thought it would have performed like the FF.
(Sorry for the short reply, I'm typing from my Wii) :laugh:

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:54 pm

Yep, I've got one, but I haven't had a chance to formally test it. Overall, It's about the same as a FF, but bulkier and a bit farther reaching, and I think its got a flimsier pump rod.

I'll post again when I've had a chance to test it and can give you specifics.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:29 pm

I have it, and from what I've done I think it goes a bit further then FF and the burst mode is pretty much the same. My brother won't let me really test his FF and, well....
ImageImage

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:43 am

Other then the diffrence in the caseing, it preforms just like a FF, only it seems like it has slightly smaller nozzles (then again all my FF's have nozzle drills). I prefer the riot blast trigger on the ff rather then on the AB
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:45 pm

Well, I would rather use the AB.
ImageImage

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:54 am

well fine then :goofy: go use your AB
more reliable then a max-D trigger

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:40 am

From what I saw at the stores (as in, no testing has ever been done), the AB's stream is smaller, and as said, the riot blast has higher coverage (and perhaps less range). The riot blast's screen is actually curved slightly in a convex manner, and the size the nozzle is slightly larger than the FF's. From what can be seen, the FF's riot blast is definately a lot better and of course, trading unecessary coverage for less range is no good. Maybe the AB's reservoir holds more water, and it's cap is definately larger. As also said, the AB doesn't include an ice core, and both the AB's and FF's caps allow ice cubes to go in.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:27 pm

Well, you can put ice in most any blaster.
ImageImage

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:01 pm

Yeah. I have it and it preforms very similar to the FF. It's a little less powerful and has less capacity. The FF is much better IMO. I think it has less range and less output. I have previusly owned 3 FFs, and I find them much better.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:40 am

Mine actually goes further then my brother's FF.
ImageImage