First day of Soaking Season - ^

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
soakerman

Post by soakerman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:18 pm

Well, today is March 1st, which marks the first day of soaking season over here.

It's supposed to reach the mid 60's today, so I would usually go out and soak someone/something, but it's supposed to rain all day too. So I'll just have to be content posting here :D .

So, when does soaking season start for everyone else?

:soakon2:
ImageImage

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:33 pm

For me? Depends on how busy I am. I know I'm gonna be very busy in the next month of two, because of science fair, academic competitions, concert band, and marching bands. But I don't really know when time is going to be freed again.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:33 pm

For me? Depends on how busy I am. I know I'm gonna be very busy in the next month of two, because of science fair, academic competitions, concert band, and marching bands. But I don't really know when time is going to be freed again.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Not here, we've got 4 feet of snow, so it'll be a while before my team can have its first meeting.
But during the winter, we all focus on strengthening the team.

We've found 6 potential recruits to test in the spring.
Our armory has grown substantially.
And I've been able to lay down some solid plans for this coming year.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:06 pm

The Ridgewood teams kick themselves into gear in early April. Unfortunately, the more conservative members have the stronger voice, otherwise we would have already started. Of course, if it were up to me alone, there would be no such thing as an "off-season". :laugh: Neither of us are really ready yet, as Waterbridge's arsenal virtually died. They've currently only have 3 working guns. The RM arsenal also needs many repairs, but we won't have to rely on new guns as much. I'm hoping that the ridiculously weird homemade that I'm building right now can be used in a war. It would be amazing if it works well.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:32 pm

Still cold, lots of slush around where I am.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:56 pm

Our actual "season" usually doesn't start until around late
May-early June, but my friend and I have duels pretty much every day it's over 50 degrees. This year we had out first on January second! :goofy:

But yeah, for now winter has us in its icy grip. Not to say I don't like winter, but I'm just very anxious to get this years season in gear. I really think 2007 has a lot of potential!
:cps1500: :cps2500:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 pm

Funny you should mention 50 degrees. That is the local minimum we can have a war at. Of course, there was that 70 degree day back in January that I really wanted to have a war on and got utterly rejected. The seasons still matter to most, I can't even get a war approved for March [unless a higher being changes up the weather enough that a war simply can't be turned down]. :p

In the meantime, I just built a new homemade. Check other topic for details.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:27 pm

This sucks! It's still winter where I live! ><;;

It'll probably be that way till April...

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:23 pm

The soaking season never ends where I live. Unless it's pouring rain we'll always have a war.
I had a battle a week ago, I guess you could call that the begining of our season, but really we just had a big break when some members started to get into Nerf.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:52 am

It's nice to live here near the equator in that respect, the only thing that will stop us is rain, organization and exams. We've had three wars already, you can read a bit about the third and second on WWc, as well as some photos. That's not the end though, there's going to be one more next week as well as an unconventional soaker event, and finally an enormous 400man battle in about 3-4 weeks.

Where they're holding it is quite a question to consider. Maybe the Pelennor Fields might work. Training programmes may be in the works as it could be useful to learn to keep your nerve if 200 enemy troops start charging at you.
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:23 pm

400 men? Whew...

We're getting the second warm (or shall I say, hot) spell of winter here. It'll probably hit you guys in the north very shortly. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits 70 degrees today.

I might have a battle today...depends on how much Science Fair stuff I have to add to my paper...

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:05 pm

The temperature dropped here slightly. I wish it would get warmer this week! I'm currently on spring break.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:24 am

It's finally gotten significantly warmer here (+9C and more). Snow is melting, birds chirping, and I'm getting an itchy soaker-trigger finger. Sadly, work has kept me far from stores so haven't had a chance to do any soaker shopping yet. Hopefully, this will change soon. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:20 am

Well, I have a huge soaker war coming up on April 14, so then I guess. Me and my trusty :bmhelix: are ready to soak some butt!

Gold Hawk
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:14 am

I've got a night battle planned for this Saturday. Waterbridge won't fight us without better odds [they are short on guns as well], so it's going to be an RM skirmish. Waterbridge is basically afraid to fight without having enough physical advantages [like numbers, firepower, etc.]. The difference between our teams is that the RM accepts the Tactical Theory view that physical advantages don't exist. I've got to write about that, as I feel that it is an extremely important concept. You are going to see Waterbridge really struggle this season if they don't accept Decisive Unconvenionality and if they keep worrying about things that don't exist.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:32 pm

Pulled out my Blazer on Sunday to just soak random stuff. Didn't get to use it much, though.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

DX

Post by DX » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:16 pm

My season has been postponed for at least another week. Snow showers are still possible, today's heavy rain started out as sleet.

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:31 pm

It was in the high 70's a week ago, and it was great. But tomorrow there's an 80% chance of rain, and a 30% chance of snow on Saturday. :( And in Oklahoma, no less.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:18 am

So now the forecast for next week (which happens to be a vacation week for us Nutmeggers) is predicting that we're going to get slammed by a huge storm. Rain, snow, sleet and 50+ mph winds. What the heck is up with this weather lately? I'll be in Chicago during next week but the storm is supposed to reach over even that far and we're supposed to be expecting cold weather and rain.

I'm anxious to get outside, get some soaking done, and take some more pictures so I can start updating Downpour more regularly for the summer season. But this weather is helping at all.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!