broken soakers - need help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
used man

Post by used man » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:39 pm

i have a few broken soakers and was looking for peoples thoughts on whats wrong. i got a used hydroblade and the trigger does not work you pull it nothing. i also have a xp pool pumper that cant pressurize and finally a messed up cps 1700 that dosent take pressurized water into the pcs
:soakon2:
i soak...

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Well, open up the blasters if you can and see what's wrong. Super Soaker Central has some repair guides, although there are likely to be more soon.

With the blaster open, check the whole trigger system. Make sure the trigger isn't snapped and see whether the pin in the trigger valve moves when you move the trigger. Maybe the wire connecting the two got disconnected somehow.

Fill the XP Pool Pumper with water and pump - if there's a water leak you should see it. A blob of epoxy would do the trick.

With the CPS 1700 open, see if the bladder expands when you pump. Otherwise, see where the water is going.

Good luck!

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:44 pm

An XP Pool Pumper? I've been looking for one of those! How about I take it off your hands? :p

Well, the Hydroblade sounds like it's experiencing the classic Max-D valve mess-up. The valve has stopped opening for whatever reason (my guess is that something snapped).

The other two sound like there's something wrong with the pump. There may be a bad seal. Is water coming out of the pump shaft?

If not, then it seems that one of the flow valves is broken/clogged. Not quite sure how to fix that one, though.

Hope this helped.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:12 am

Can you pressurize the Hydroblade? Does the pump get harder when pumping? If so, you can pressurize the water gun and the problem relies in the firing valve. The valve probably is stuck shut as Rook noted. If water comes out of the nozzle when pumping, this is a different problem and it can be fixed with this repair: http://www.geocities.com/m15399/rubberband.html

We'll need more information than "can't pump" for the XP Pool Pumper and the CPS 1700 too. How does the pump feel when it moves? Does it feel "springy"? Is the pump drawing water? Does water leak from the outside of the pump? Does water leak from the water gun itself? Can the water obviously move into the PCs, but does it come immediately out? There are many different problems involved with problems pumping. Describe how each water gun pumps in more detail and I'll be sure to help you.

:)

used man

Post by used man » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:53 pm

rook, i would be thrilled with a trade. post any offers. and thanks for the help guys
:soakon:

Edited By used man on 1175550953
i soak...

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:08 pm

Any more info on the broken guns? And if you don't want to repair them, I'd probably be interested in the CPS 1700, but not sure yet.

Both are fairly good guns (especially the CPS 1700), and if you can get them repaired, do so. Describing the problem (with info mentioned above) would be helpful for identifying the problem.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1175551740
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

used man

Post by used man » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:16 pm

well i was wrong about the cps1700s problem when you start pumping water just poors out of all the openings
:soakon:
i soak...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:14 pm

By all of the openings, do you mean the nozzle or just from the water gun itself?

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:58 pm

Yeah, you'll have to be a bit more specific. If the water's just exiting randomly, you'll have to open the soaker. Then, pump and see where the leaks are if that's the problem.