Hands-On: WW Tiger Shark - @iSoaker.com

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: WW Tiger Shark - @iSoaker.com

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:42 am

Last night, I managed to take pictures and opened up the WW Tiger Shark. In general, its size and weight do feel akin to the WW Lightning and Piranha with significantly updated styling. I know the next question you guys have is: how does it perform? At the moment, I can't answer that one just yet. After taking pics, I had to take care of some other business and was unable to do any actual testing. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do some tests later today. I'll also try to get pictures up as well.

One thing I did note was that the pump seemed slightly shorter than expected; partly since it did not retract as far in as I thought it would.

More info to come...

:cool:

Edit: Tiger Shark pics in the Product Gallery page. Presently unlinked from the remainder of the site. Enjoy!
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:45 pm

Good pics, can't wait for the rest of your analysis.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:43 pm

Nice, thanks! I'm also surprised the pump stroke is so short - it looks fairly long. Maybe they should've just removed the angle between the pump tube and the grip's hand guard and lengthened the pump tube.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:35 pm

Here are some basic stats:
Reservoir volume: 1400mL
PC volume: 400mL
Pump volume: ~27mL

Haven't been able to do output measurements as I need to find a bottle (long story). I won't be able to do any real range testing until late-April.

In other thoughts, my main complaint with the Tiger Shark is the grip area. Again, the trigger grip region is too small for my hand and my pinky-finger has no place to rest comfortably. A lighter complaint was from the pump. I was wearing a loose sweater when doing some testing and the pump would sometimes catch part of my sleeve.

On the bright side, power and stream consistency feel pretty good. I also am very appreciative of the move of the electronic pressure gauge button to the side of the soaker as opposed to being on the backside of the grip.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:04 pm

The movement of the powergauge button looks to be a major plus. At first I thought it was for the Pre-charge system, but I was wrong when I looked more closely at the photos. Another thumbs up to BBT.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:09 pm

A few more stats:
Smallest Nozzle:
Output: 27mL/s (0.9oz/s)
Shot Time: ~17 s

Medium Nozzle:
Output: 51mL/s (1.7oz/s)
Shot Time: ~10 s

Large Nozzle
Output: 180mL/sec (6oz/s)
Shot Time: ~3 s

Unfortunately, range testing won't be possible for me for awhile. The streams made by the nozzles do appear quite laminar and smooth, thus I'd expect ranges to be similar, if not better, than those of the WW Lightning and/or WW Piranha.

Unlike Max-D nozzle valves, the trigger/nozzle valve on the Tiger Shark can be opened to different amounts. Thus, if one does not pull as hard on the trigger, one can actually control how much output/range an actual nozzle yields when firing.

The height/restricted area of the trigger/grip region was more noticeable during output testing as I wield the soaker in one hand while timing using the other. IMO, if either the grip area were widened a little more and/or the trigger reduced in height, the Tiger Shark would be much more comfortable to hold in one hand, at least for me. :goofy:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:07 pm

This gun definitely sounds interesting. If the grip fits my hand, which I think it will, I might get the blaster - I'm keen on getting something today or tomorrow, since I just got back from the band trip and it's spring break.

Hmm...maybe the trigger could be cut or sanded down...

bb1

Post by bb1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:49 pm

Just looked at my new TS and sanding is probably not an option. The 2 grip areas won't make it any easier.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:44 am

Water Warriors: Tiger Shark review posted (except for range stats to be done when the weather is a little warmer :goofy:).

Enjoy!

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:16 pm

Nice review! I'd still love to see those ranges though. ;)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:53 am

SilentGuy wrote:Nice review! I'd still love to see those ranges though. ;)
I'd like to know ranges, too!

But with heavy rains hittin' and the weather just being 'sucky', no range tests for awhile. Sorta hard to figure out where the average end-of-stream hit when the ground is flowing with water, too. :goofy: