First '07 soaker sighting

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
scorpion

Post by scorpion » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:56 pm

I was in target today and saw a couple of Sneak Attacks. they have a small nozzle, a fan blast, a sneak attack right, and a sneak attack left. Report your sightings here.
AXE BOMB!!!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:59 pm

Lucky you! If I may ask, what part of the US are you in?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:16 pm

:cool:[/quote]
Lucky you! If I may ask, what part of the US are you in?

I'm in Virginia

Edited By scorpion on 1170281791
AXE BOMB!!!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:00 pm

How ironic... If you get what I mean.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:38 pm

Hmm...I'm in Virginia too, maybe the guns are available nearby.

Very funny, CA-99...we're not that far behind the times. At least here. You can find bustling cities nearly everywhere, and you can find sparse countryside nearly everywhere (except northern New Jersey :soaked:).

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:55 pm

I don't get it... :oo:

I've found that Virginia is a mix of cities and nothing. Then again, I've only see the northern and eastern parts of the state.

We do have areas in northern NJ that we call "sparse countryside" although those from the actual countryside would laugh at that. The whole of North Dakota has about 9 people per square mile, whereas even the most remote towns in Bergen County have at least 3,000. Ridgewood here is 4,300, which pales in comparison to the ~13,000 ppsm of our adjacent Hudson County. That density figure alone is larger than many North Dakota towns in themselves.

I'll need help checking the various chain stores for new soakers...we've only got about a trillion in all directions. :goofy:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:01 pm

Yep, that's about right...Virginia is indeed a patchwork. Northern Virginia is fairly developed, and very liberal; Richmond and the industrial southeast (near Norfolk) are fairly conservative; Charlottesville is liberal; and every other place is conservative.

I'm not making this political though, just showing the various differences. Pretty crazy. I don't know much about NJ, just that the north is very industrial and the south isn't. :oo:

Edited By SilentGuy on 1170298884

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:16 pm

Southern NJ can be very industrial. Some of the poorest, most dangerous, and most corrupt cities in the country can be found in Southwest Jersey, namely Camden and Trenton, while the more prosperous southeast coast is equally built-up. In fact, the only places without much of anything are the southern interior and far northwestern corner. If you don't like drugs, gang wars, political corruption, smog, noise, pollution, and tiny yards/no yards, then don't move to NJ! Remind me why this is the "Garden State"?

Political lines here only partially have to do with population. Wealthy cities often vote Republican, but so do wealthy towns. Likewise, poor cities and poor towns often swing Democratic, though there are exceptions everywhere.

Hasbro should have put their headquarters here, as you'd be amazed how many corporate HQs are floating around. Each farm/former park that is bought out yields several strip malls and about a dozen corporate HQs. If we don't have the new soakers yet, they'll be in soon. It's not like there's a lack of demand or anything...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:25 pm

Actually, I just meant how the Sneak Attack soakers just seem to appear suddenly on shelves when nothing else is around. Don't think I worded it right lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:56 am

Oh I know, I just love bashing my region because it is absolutely ridiculous. :laugh:

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:57 am

I sighted the Sneak-Attack and the Secrete-Strike on ebay, as well as a newly colored Helix.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:40 pm

OK, in Portland OR I've got the same w/ Target, but the Super-Wallyworld(walmart) has both the Piston Sneak Attack: $15 and the new-gen FF...the Arctic Blast for $20. Nice design, better balance then my SI-FF. Seems like the basic stream nozzle is alittle bigger(2x maybe) the trigger fills pretty solid, but the flood nozzle appears slightly smaller, along with PC being shorter, and the trigger not as responsive and harder to grab due to smaller width. They're expecting the Blitz and Secret Strike next week or two...not hard to figure which I'll take a real good look at and might buy. That all for now, Brad

Ha-ha, just kidding, here's Entertainment Earth's Blitz pic:

Edited By dragonclass on 1171684018
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:50 pm

Hmm.. Seems that I was right when I said the lever was a piston pump. It seems everyone else was right when they said it was a normal pump, too.

Drat. That has got to be the worst design I have ever seen.

Well, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that little orange knob is the stream switch. :goofy:
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:37 am

A HA, theres the switch to chose between nozels.
Look at the picture at the bottom! It seems that the top nozzel fires pulse shots, but with massive amounts of water per burst, depending on the design and range, that could be quite interesting.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:44 am

Well this is certainly one of the most... creative... guns I've ever seen....

Mmm, less than a month yet. I really can't wait until I start hearing some reviews... I'll start checking Target from now on...

One things that really worries me is that while hasbro has advertised over and over again that the Hydroblitz will feature power and range, not once has it mentioned CPS. Even the old FF page has a whoile paragraph bragging its CPS capability while the Blitz hasnt mentioned it once. Also, the "two modes" sounds fishy. According to the page, "Its dual-mode design gives you more than one way to shock and surprise your opponents: soak ‘em in a stream or blast ‘em with multi-blastin’ bursts!" Would that hint at a built in pulse blast?

Rrgh, I'm sick of Hasbro and their stupid gimmicks. But advertising 35 foot range as a gimmick and charging $40.00 for it crosses the line in my book. But who knows, maybe it could end up being good....
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:36 am

Okay, Hasbro officially failed the ergonomics test. The top handle really is a trigger of some sort--for the pulse fire at least. Just look at the drawing on the box of the kid shooting it. Definitely has pulse fire.

No matter whether it's CPS or not (I think it is), that's one small PC for a blaster that size.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:19 pm

Hey guys, what's up? I just saw some sneak attacks at Target yesterday. I personally liked the Vaporizer, so the idea of a similar gun with two nozzle options is pretty cool to me. However, what I'm most excited about is the Hydroblitz. Has anyone tried it out yet?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:56 pm

No, we're all intrigued by the Hydroblitz too. Looks really bulky, but it might mean hope for the future.

There's been a ton of speculation about it from horrible pictures in the last month or two.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:31 pm

Mmmm...attention to detail, look at the phrase at the top of the box above where the quick-fill is. If you zoom in, that says Constant Pressure System. Plus, I can't be the only one that recognizes a CPS container when you see it. Think Devestator, and it becomes appearent that it's the low front capsule. Wierd, but that's it. Another way to restrict performance. Later,
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:09 pm

Guess who's back?
Back again
Marauder's back
Tell a friend

Long time no see, dude. How's it going?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.