Water term do you use? - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Water term do you use? - ^

Soaker
28%
Squirt Gun/Pistol
No votes
Super Soaker
17%
Water Blaster
No votes
Water Gun/Pistol/Launcher
44%
Water Soaker
No votes
Other (please tell term used)
11%

Total votes: 18

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:41 pm

What term do *YOU* prefer to use when talking about those devices/things we most often use to soak one another with during a water fight? What do *YOU* call a dihydrogen-oxide weapon filled with pure, pressurized hydrogen hydroxide?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:10 pm

Aaaah! Dihydrogen-monoxide! It's destroying our homes!

I usually call these "soakers." I don't like "water guns" that much, I don't really use "blasters," and I really don't like "squirt guns."

What term do you prefer to use when talking about those devices/things we most often use to soak one another with during a water fight?

I know you're new to the forum and all, but I'd have thought you'd catch on by now... :laugh: Just kidding.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:26 pm

SilentGuy wrote:I know you're new to the forum and all, but I'd have thought you'd catch on by now... :laugh:
I don't visit that often so it's hard to know what to call these..things... :goofy:

My real motive is to make the terminology used in the rule set and future articles on iSoaker.com match those preferred by the group in general. I realize many use some of these terms interchangeably, but trying to stick to one term is preferred (at least to me).

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:45 pm

I say water gun and squirt pistol. Not really a 'soaker' kind of guy.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 pm

I use blaster, soaker, and sometimes water weapon. Squirt gun is also a pet peeve of mine unless it's actually refering to finger powered squirt guns. I never use anything with pistol in it, unless I'm actually refering to a water pistol. (i.e. most of the Max-D's) But simply put, you just don't call a WBL or CPS a squirt gun.

Edit: I often use "water gun" often too.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1171409931
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:02 pm

I tend to use "soaker" and "water gun" most often when typing online, though in speech I use just "gun" 99% of the time [with "water gun" being the other 1%]. Yeah, I'm one of those guys who calls a group of WBL's a "battery" and wouldn't think of using "play" in place of "fight". Certain terms really don't work with the local style of battle.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:25 pm

Personally I use "soaker" and "water gun" almost interchangeably. I voted "water gun" nonetheless.

As long as you don't call them squirt guns, I'm happy. :laugh:
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:48 pm

I use water gun almost always. I don't like people calling my weapns of mass hydration anything that has the word "pistol" in it, so I voted other. My other being water gun. The reason I didn't vote Water Gun/Pistol/Launcher is because I dont like "them" being called water pistols as stated above.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:48 pm

When ever somebody says, "O, squirt guns" it really ticks me off.
Lets see you call THIS a squirt gun after I blow you away with a modded CPS 2000.

I usualy call them Soakers or Aqua-Weapondry.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:14 pm

Super Soaker and watergun interchangeably.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:24 am

Looking at the replies above, I've come to realize that this poll isn't quite right for my goal (though it does clear some thoughts of mine up).

I'm opting to leave this one open, but create another to address another issue on terminology.