Lonnie Johnson Video - On YouTube

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:08 pm

A neat little spot on Super Soakers: see Lonnie Johnson on Super Soakers.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:32 pm

Ha! Thats awsome. Really cool. How did you find it isoaker?
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:23 pm

Cooool. (Literally and figuratively)
Too bad there was no mention of us hard-core warriors, just video clips of soak-fests.
Too bad he had to retire from soaker desighning, maybe thats why they took such a bad down-turn a few years ago.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:12 pm

They showed a clip from the good old 90s SS100 Mafia Boys/Blues Brothers typ comercial. Sure stuck out from the contemporary comercial clips of kids doing soakfests and giggling like girl scouts.

I wonder what the currect serious scientific research of Johnson is. No suprise that SS hasn't had a huge leap in technology without Johnson.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1171329313

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 pm

I don't know. I haven't had time to check the video, but Johnson didn't do that much...according to iSoaker's history, I believe, it was Bruce D'Andrade who invented CPS.

But, I'm thankful for what Johnson did--bring powerful soakers into mainstream marketing.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:29 pm

Some things attributed to Johnson weren't his. However, what I believe is his most creative moment was not the reinvention of the air pressure water gun (which indeed was invented several times before his 1983 invention), but his invention of the separate pressure chamber design. That can not be ignored. I seriously rank that as his most creative innovation in water guns. No one did that before him. And everyone does it now. That was the biggest step made in water gun design since the invention of pressurized water guns.

Johnson and the Larami team also popularized the air pressure water gun. Sadly, the market did not exist when the Cosmic Liquidator was around. Electric water guns seem to have opened up the market.

Water gun design doesn't take rocket science to do (how do you think people like me do it?), but it did take a rocket scientist to popularize water guns.

Anyway, this is a nice video. I'll have to remember one day to upload the Modern Marvels episode with Lonnie from the History Channel... I forget where I put it, but it will be found eventually.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:14 pm

There was a Modern Marvels episode? Neat. I used to watch the show quite a bit, but now I never watch anything.

Good point about the separate PC. Definitely allows for larger water guns to be used with ease, unless you're a disciplined tap/pumper.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:28 am

He's truely a hero to us all
more reliable then a max-D trigger

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Wow, I figured he was pretty rich, but not that rich. Awesome video!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.