2007 soakers revealed!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:45 pm

I'd agree with C-A_99 on that one.
I had been speculating that the orange thing underneath might be a hose connector, like the quick-fill system on some of the older CPSs.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:03 pm

Interesting. The Hydro Blitz will be the first Super Soaker to feature a shoulder strap in years. It would be nice to see a 5x or bigger nozzle and a CPS chamber, I won't get my hopes up though.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:33 pm

I think that your hopes might not be too far off the mark, as the shape of the pressure chamber certainly seems to suggest that its a CPS, and its nozzles look quite significant in size.

-B.D.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:13 pm

Just like the Flash Flood, ugh. :oo:

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Hmm? Why do you consider that a down-side?
The Flash-Flood was an excellent soaker for its small size, so if this is a big brother version of it with more power, then I'd call that a pretty good thing.
Not the best thing, but still another step up and away from those terrible guns a few years back.

-B.D.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:01 am

Falcon wrote:Interesting. The Hydro Blitz will be the first Super Soaker to feature a shoulder strap in years. It would be nice to see a 5x or bigger nozzle and a CPS chamber, I won't get my hopes up though.

Apearance whise it seems like a bulked up Devastator(PC chamber part) or bulked up Flash Flood(that large nozzle and small nozzle under it.) So CPS seems almost more than likely.

However it better be performing far superior than an oversized Devastator/FF for a price of $50 US. McDonalds charges only a few cents more for their supersizes. Paying 100%-110% more for a soaker that is slightly bigger(tank, nozzle,PC) than the earlier "flag ship" is just outragous and has August mark down sale written all over it. One has to ask oneself, do you realy want to pay $25-$30 US more for a "step in the right direction"? Even $15+ should be more a "leap" than a "step". (... While $30 more should be a bus ride.) One still has to wait before coming to conclusions, but the price versus size suggests its not a bargain CPS: $50 for something half the size of a MXL. Then again, it might have a 10X+ nozzle that shoots longer than 2 seconds and the PC size is around 600ml. Then the price is more understandeble.
But at this time my expectations are very much in the grey zone for it.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1169629575

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:05 am

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
But speculation is one of the fun things about seeing the newly released guns each year.

@Zuccoz:
Ya, I'd agree with you about the price range issue. This had better be one heck of a gun to command that $$$-tag.

-B.D.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:08 pm

Its not fifty dollars its forty. As for a PC i think it is behind(i hope) the large nozzle because a pc located under the nozzles wouldn't be able to support a nozzle that size.
AXE BOMB!!!

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:56 pm

You really think so?
Think about the ratio between the size of the FFs PC and its nozzles, and the FFs nozzles were very well powered.

The size difference between the nozzles and the PC on this gun is even larger, so the Hydro-Blitz should (hopefully) have more oomph behind its shots.

-B.D.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:40 pm

I doubt it has a lot more oomph...looks even less battle-practical than the MXL, because you're holding a huge tub of water in a position that limits leg movement. Oomph-wise, I'm not thinking "POWER" when I see it, but any gun is okay if you mod it ;). But at least it's larger...so we'll see.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:47 pm

scorpion wrote:Its not fifty dollars its forty. As for a PC i think it is behind(i hope) the large nozzle because a pc located under the nozzles wouldn't be able to support a nozzle that size.
The link you gave had it at $49.99, so technicaly $50. Since I live in Canada it probably will hit over $60 including taxes.

But speculation is one of the fun things about seeing the newly released guns each year.

Absolutly. Its all we have left of retail soakers before we slam them by comparing what ebay sells. Plus very often the speculated soakers in our head were much better than the end product. Anyone remember when some of us thought the Tripple Agressor was CPS and a bulked up Monster when we first saw it January 2004? They sure showed us how off we were. :p

I doubt it has a lot more oomph...looks even less battle-practical than the MXL, because you're holding a huge tub of water in a position that limits leg movement.

Weight distribution whise it doesn't scream practical at all. The handle is at the very back end, which means that without the strap the wrist will carry all the weight. Which I assume is why Super Soaker brought back the strap for this one. It probably wasn't a matter of size.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:05 pm

If not practicality, adding a strap is a good promotinal tool. kids see it has a strap and say 'hey, its got a strap so it has to be good, i want one'. i know thats what i would do.... :baby:
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:44 pm

Hasbro has updated! All of the new guns can be found here.

I think I have a new speculation for the handle: it looks like a piston pump. It says something about "dual modes" and "multi-blastin' bursts," so I'd say that's a fair guess.

Edited By Rook on 1169693301
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:02 pm

I dunno. It only advertises a 35 foot range, so ZOCCOZ's prophecies have proved true, it would seem. Plus the reservoir is only 101 ounces...fairly small for such a big-looking soaker.

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:33 pm

Well, the FF only advertised 35 feet, and it surpassed that. Besides, it will also have the aquapack for another 100 oz.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:45 am

To bring this topic back to life:

After looking at the artic blast more closely, i didnt know if anyone said this yet, but they added a riot blast to the artic blast. its probobly why they got rid of the FF, why sell two soakers that do two diffrent things when they can combine them and sell more. also, what do people think of the new "aqua shock" line name?
more reliable then a max-D trigger

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:38 pm

The name itself? Not much...just their new name for the redesigned lineup. There's been XP, CPS, Monster, Max-D, STE, MI, and now AS...

The performance is more important. I'm disappointed with the Hydroblitz--it'll be the most battle-impractical soaker ever.

Oh, and the Flash Flood wasn't removed. Just go to the second page at the Super Soaker website.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1171582758

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:44 am

INCOMING SOAKER!
I checked Entertainment-Earth and their site said that the HydroBlitz would be ariving THIS MONTH.
I would however, not suggest buying from them, since their selling it at a higher price of $50 rather than $40.

-B.D.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Looks like everything is gonna have that Max D technology, o well, I'm still more excited about this line than any other since gosh I can't remember.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

bill

Post by bill » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:09 am

Right now I have a CPS 3200 and CPS 1500 both in good condition but I am always afraid I am going to break them. So I need a new gun. The HydroBlitz looks like the bomb.

Actually I would like a modernized CPS 3200. Kind of a mix of Max Infusion and CPS 3000/3200

I liked the cloth pack on the CPS 3000 but the connection that the gun made to the backpack was crap and covered in stick grease. It was just too weak and would always try to unconnected and break off plus dirt would get stuck in the grease. The CPS 3200 was a bit better and had a quick fill nozzle as a connection still a bit weak if you ask me. Plus the CPS 3200 had that hard back breaking pack. So in conclusion I would want a.

CPS 3400
-Soft pack
-Max Infusion
-Maybe d-max triggers
-Quick fill caps on back pack

Still the HydroBlitz looks good for a non pack soaker 200 oz is like 1.5625 gallons or 5.92 liters. Not to bad really. I wonder if that’s a dual stage pump. At least is an over and under design and not that crap like the monster XL where you could not hit the side of a barn. I will only use guns with a super soaker brand and which are air or CPS I would never use other brands. They are not super soakers and thus are against the rules.

Edited By bill on 1172078033