2007 soakers revealed!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
scorpion

Post by scorpion » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:00 pm

2007 soakers are here!!! The arctic blast is CPS im sure of it. It looks like they combined the Arctic shock with the flash flood.And the overload with the secret strike. And the hydroblitz should be sweet!!!. A 100oz capasity and a shoulder strap plus max infusion capable and its 50 dollars(more than the MXL when it first hit the shelves).A gun that big has to be CPS. I know where my christmas money is going!

Edited By scorpion on 1166242717
AXE BOMB!!!

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:16 am

Hmmm. Interesting. I dearly hope they turn out to be good, they look a little gimmicky, but I hope they're better than my pessimistic additude is telling me to think they are!
EDIT: Hmm, thats strange, I just looked at the super soaker website, and it doesn't show them.
:oo:

Edited By forestfighter7 on 1166246310
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:10 am

Nice find! Checking it out... will post more soon...
Sneak attack.. hmm..

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:21 am

The HydroBlitz interests me. Hopefully a large stream is actually large this time and hopefully this water gun will actually meet its set range.

Something you people have to realize however is how small 100 oz. is for a water gun. Hasbro's only recently began to brag about 100 oz. That's nothing. That's 3 liters. That's the same reservoir volume as the CPS 1500. They're putting it in a backpack here. Backpacks are essentially unneeded until you get to about 6 liters. I don't understand why they don't just put something so small into a single-piece blaster.

This isn't on SS.com likely because it wasn't meant to be released before January. I bet these online stores get the information a few months in advance with instructions not to post until January, but not every store follows through.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:57 am

hey they look better than last year. the overload has doubled its capasity and has a secret strike ability, yhe sneak attack is an improvement over the vaporizer, the aqua shock looks like flash flood v2 with the arcticshock gimic and the hydroblitz has a shoulderstrap, two nozzles a 100 oz. tank capasity without the pak and is 50 dollars. this will be a big gun. it probably will be the size of a cps 1500 or bigger. if a 1500 were to sell in walmart brand new it would be $35 at the most. the MXL started at 40 dollars. meaning this has to be huge or has very expensive internals meaning cps. however in may just turn out to be a flashflood with a tank expansion. but it still will be huge for 50 dollars.
AXE BOMB!!!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:08 am

I have been vindicated. Those match up with my predictions. Nothing exciting here, except maybe for the Flash Flood/Arctic Shock cross.

Good find.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:18 am

Hmm.. the Hydroblitz does sound interesting (missed it upon first inspection since it doesn't have a pic on the store yet).

Reposting info here for those who don't want to click all those links:

----------------------------------------

>> Super Soaker Max Infusion Helix Description:
Getting soaked has a whole new twist! The Max Infusion Helix blaster is perfect for all-out water fights! Adjust the nozzles for wide or narrow streams while blasting out two powerful spinning streams of water at your opponents! It'll be nearly impossible for your opponent to outrun you!

Air-powered water blaster blasts out two powerful spinning streams of water! Hits targets up to 20 feet away with a 35-ounce water-supply capacity! Ages 6 and up.

*NEW* >> Super Soaker Aqua Shock Arctic Blast Water Gun Description:

Aqua Shock Arctic Blast

Add insult to injury! Why settle for soaking someone, when you can freeze them? The Aqua Shock Arctic Blast shoots regular streams of water, or can release a massive stream of freezing cold water from a special second tank! With a wide opening for ice cybes, this squirt gun has a 1 1/2-liter capacity and can shoot up to 35 feet. (And it's Max Infusion compatible!)

*NEW* >> Super Soaker Aqua Shock HydroBlitz Description:
This large nozzle gun has two settings (for regular streams or massive streams) to soak your friends! With a capacity of 100 oz., this amazing weapon has a wide shoulder strap, is Max Infusion compatible, and can shoot up to 40 feet. You'll be a feared Super Soaker warrior with this amazing water weapon!

*NEW* >> Super Soaker Aqua Shock Covert Control Water Gun Description:

Aqua Shock Covert Control Soaker (box says Secret Strike)

Soak your enemies! When you're caught, cornered, or in a bind, this awesome blaster gives you the edge to never surrender! The blaster's rotating nozzle has three different modes: wide-stream, fan-blast and high-powered! There's also a hidden nozzle! Surprise your opponents with a secret stream, where they least expect it! A huge 40 1/2-ounce capacity keeps you blasting longer than smaller-capacity blasters! High-powered streams can reach targets up to 35 feet away! Ages 6 and up.

>> Super Soaker Aqua Shock Back Pack Description:
Need a little more ammo? The 100 oz. Aqua Shock Back Pack lets you add extra water to your weapons without having to stop off at a faucet or a hose. This comfortable pack is compatible with any Max Infusion system Super Soaker. Comes with handy quick-fill cap so you can fill it again in a hurry.

*NEW* >> Super Soaker Aqua Shock Sneak Attack Description:

Sneak Attack

Blast your buddies! This awesome air-powered water blaster takes water-blasting to a new dimension: over the top, around the corner, and side-to-side! Its stealth design delivers shock and surprise, while maintaining high performance and rapid-fire blasting. A huge 47-ounce capacity keeps you blasting longer! High-powered streams can reach targets up to 20 feet away!

>> Super Soaker Max Infusion Flash Flood Description:
Prepare for a massive water explosion! This Max Infusion Flash Flood blaster is totally awesome and can shoot water at your opponents in two cool ways. Blast ‘em once with a constant stream of water or blast ‘em twice by pulling back the trigger for the ultimate - Flash Flood! You can also empty the upper tank all at once and soak your opponents with a massive water explosion. The quick-fill cap allows for fast-and-easy refills. Who will you blast first?

>> Super Soaker Vaporizer Description:
Super Soaker Vaporizer. Just what you need to completely vaporize your competition! The Vaporizer blaster's enormous water tank and rapid pumping power means non-stop blasting all summer long! The easy-to-fill water reservoir has a special quick-fill cap. Take hold of the comfort grip, slide the pump handle back and forth to power up, and pull the trigger to blast out soaking streams of water! The nozzle features powerful blasting action, so you can outsoak the competition.

>> Super Soaker Max Infusion Defender Description:
Tough water fights call for a tough water blaster! The Super Soaker Max Infusion Defender will bring your competitors to their knees. Armed with high-powered, pressurized technology for powerful blasting and an advanced hydrodynamic design for huge water capacity, the Max Infusion Defender blaster will unleash a total water explosion!

>> Super Soaker Max Infusion Defender Helix Wave 1 Description:
Start a water war! The Super Soaker Max Infusion Defender Helix Wave 1 includes 6 individually packaged Super Soaker blasters, including: 3x Super Soaker Max Infusion Defender, 3x Super Soaker Max Infusion Helix. (Subject to change.)

Tough water fights call for a tough water blaster! The Super Soaker Max Infusion Defender will bring your competitors to their knees. Armed with high-powered, pressurized technology for powerful blasting and an advanced hydrodynamic design for huge water capacity, the Max Infusion Defender blaster will unleash a total water explosion!

Getting soaked has a whole new twist! The Max Infusion Helix blaster is perfect for all-out water fights! Adjust the nozzles for wide or narrow streams while blasting out two powerful spinning streams of water at your opponents! It'll be nearly impossible for your opponent to outrun you!

Info from: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitli ... per+Soaker

DX

Post by DX » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:11 pm

I've pulled out of my pessimistic mood recently, since I'm now expecting 2007 membership in the Ridgewood Militia to go through the roof. We're going to have to buy quite a few new guns, so I am watching this carefully.

The HydroBlitz seems a bit steep , but we shall see if the performance is worth it or not.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:26 pm

The HydroBlitz sounds very promising, I will definately get it as well as the Arctic Blast. (which hopefully is at least somewhat improved in terms of blasting and range from the Flash Flood, though at the least, the larger capacity is a plus) Another thing that's probably happening is improvements to the triggers, since many of the Max-D ones from 2005 and 2006 were extremely unreliable.

This is probably also another chance to get some good small guns, such as the Vaporizer, though they might not have any more liquidators, so I'll probably only use Max-D 3000s as pistols.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:36 pm

Ben_ wrote:Something you people have to realize however is how small 100 oz. is for a water gun. Hasbro's only recently began to brag about 100 oz. That's nothing. That's 3 liters. That's the same reservoir volume as the CPS 1500. They're putting it in a backpack here. Backpacks are essentially unneeded until you get to about 6 liters. I don't understand why they don't just put something so small into a single-piece blaster.

Regarding 100oz. capacities, it's still nice to see it returning to at least one of the soakers that, I am assume, is single-piece and not a 100oz. backpack. In terms of capacity and location, though, Hasbro has been primarily targetting younger kids and summer-time soaker users who are not necessarily looking for more out of a water blaster. 3L may not seem like much to those of us who long for harder hitting soakers, but many adults (though primarily female) I've had try out soakers still seem to prefer lighter soakers of the XP310/Max-D6000 size even with a Monster (2001) or CPS1000/CPS1200 available for use as well. The guys I've fought with, of course, prefer the beefier soakers and, well, one of my female friends wasn't satified until she was wielding an MXL around (not that she could run well with it), but lighter tended to be more popular. I, too, much prefer single-piece soakers over having a "small" 3L backpack, but I also understand where Hasbro is coming from for this set-up. It's a decent compromise, IMO, though I'd hope they'd eventually release a larger backpack (200oz to 250oz) in the future along side the smaller 100oz one.

Now, if the Hydroblitz has its over 3L reservoir and can also accomodate the 100oz Aquapack together with having decent performance, that may make for a rather nice addition to one's armoury.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:44 pm

High-powered streams can reach targets up to 20 feet away!

Uh-huh...most of the guns claim 35 feet, this claims 20 feet, and the HydroBlitz says 40.

Anyway, this is pretty exciting. But why can't they possibly give us a picture of the HydroBlitz? Overall, the new guns aren't really a step back. At least they've eliminated the dreaded Oozinator.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:08 pm

For the HydroBlitz, it might be as simple as they haven't been supplied a picture from Hasbro yet. Perhaps Hasbro is having some last-minute colour changes due to plastic-type availability, but I'm totally guessing at this point.

As an aside, I always find it amusing where new soaker information tends to pop-up. In previous years, we're learned of soakers through Nerf forums, Star Wars forums, exchange product boxes, etc. Kudos to the members who stay ever-so-vigilant in keeping an eye out for new soaker info! I don't think I would have stumbled across the site scorpion found until the week between Xmas and New Years at the earliest when I'm actually on vacation (been really busy at work these days).

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:14 pm

Personally, I think that the price-tag on a gun doesn't make it good. Anyone can make an xp backfire go for $50.00, that doesn't make it a good gun. For example, the Max-Infusion overload goes for $30.00, the same price as many cps 1000s go for on eBay, this does not make the overlad as good as the 1000.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:23 pm

forestfighter7 wrote:Personally, I think that the price-tag on a gun doesn't make it good. Anyone can make an xp backfire go for $50.00, that doesn't make it a good gun. For example, the Max-Infusion overload goes for $30.00, the same price as many cps 1000s go for on eBay, this does not make the overlad as good as the 1000.
I don't think anyone thinks that the price makes a soaker good. However, if Hasbro thinks it has a soaker that can sell for a higher price, it had better have features that make the consumer agree that it is worth shelling out $50USD for. Testing, of course, will reveal how well the soaker actually performs.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:08 pm

Sounds like I better start saving. My guess is it will be either a really good soaker, or something like the Triple Aggressor. I'm hoping for something around the stats of a CPS 1500. :cool:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:03 pm

Regarding 100oz. capacities, it's still nice to see it returning to at least one of the soakers that, I am assume, is single-piece and not a 100oz. backpack.

Actually, now that I reread it, it really never said anything about a backpack. I assumed it was some sort of upgrade over the AquaPak and the price also made me think it had a backpack ($50 is like the CPS 3000!). It would be great if it was a single-piece unit. Add the backpack upgrade on that and you have a solid water gun. This is something I definitely would buy if I wasn't pressed for money, but I do find the price to be quite steep.

Would it be safe to say that Hasbro's trying to break away from the supposed "$20 limit?"

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:06 pm

For the HydroBlitz, it might be as simple as they haven't been supplied a picture from Hasbro yet. Perhaps Hasbro is having some last-minute colour changes due to plastic-type availability, but I'm totally guessing at this point.

I dont think so. if u read the fine print at the bottom of the larger images it says...

Images of upcoming products may be prototypes and are subject to change before shipment.

I beleive the hydroblitz is a single piece bucause it says "And is MaxI capable".
AXE BOMB!!!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:07 am

@Scorpion: I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with, the possibility that Hasbro hasn't supplied them with pictures or the possibility that colour changes may be due to plastic availability, or whether you're suggesting that the design may still change.

@Ben: the backpack assumption was my own and, after re-reading the description, I'm now fairly certain the HydroBlitz is a single-piece soaker with a 3L/100oz reservoir. However, being priced at $50, I'm curious what else it will feature. While I wouldn't expect if they started remaking CPS1000s for those to sell at $20. However, $50 for a CPS1500/Monster(2001)-class soaker (assuming it performs as well), even when factoring inflation, is still fairly steep.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:58 am

Well, I thought about it, doesn't look like the gun will actually be $50 in the store, it just seems to be more expensive at Entertainment Earth. Just look at their Flash Floods, I've only seen them go up to $20, not $25, and I got mine for $15. (well, it was on a sale, in July) $35-$45 seems to be a more likely price. (the fact that they have both the FF and Arctic Blast at the same price is just weird too)

On a side note, I wonder why they re-angled the CPS chamber on the Arctic Blast, which means less linear flow towards the nozzle. Having a 2-nozzle selector (like the one on the CPS 1500) would've been much better in maintaining stream lamination for both the FF and AB.

Anyways, I thought most people wouldn't spend more than $20-$30 on a water gun, so the HydroBlitz must really have something to get people to buy it. It's probably a fairly large gun, near 3ft long (the CPS 2500/2000 had a similar reservoir size), and the price should resolve any shelf space issues they might have. At the least, we know it's at least the size of a 1000 and has streams at least 5x large.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:19 am

If you look closely on the box for the Covert Control, on the bottom right corner there is a kid using a larger gun with a strap - looks to me like that's the Hydroblitz.