I love my Flash Flood! - Awesome!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:57 pm

The Flash Flood rocks! It has normal blaster capabilities and it has a blaster that spits out a pretty big amount of water! It can have extra tanks hooked up to it, which I am saving for right now. I would recommend it more for the commanders of a Water Fighting Army than a foot soldier because of its weight and it needs to be pumped 10-15 times.

Grand General Napoleon out.
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:21 pm

Uh...it really isn't that large of a weapon. Actually, it's a great package for its size, and it is relatively light. And I, too, wouldn't mind its range and capacity when using the Aquapack.

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:32 pm

I meant it was heavy to run quickly with. And I know the water storage tank is just medium sized at 16 oz., but the flood spits out more water than a normal blast but has a shorter range.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:54 pm

A FF heavy to run with? Try running for your life triple wielding a CPS 2500, CPS 21K, CPS 11K, and backpack with extra water, water balloons, and a piston homemade. Now that's heavy. :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:09 pm

I personally have found the FF to be one of the lightest weapons I've ever used. Little kids liked it though, and were more impressed with it than with my CPS 2000. :goofy:
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:29 pm

You think the FF is heavy? You need to try a Monster X/XL. That's heavy. :p Also, the Flash Flood blast actually gets farther range than the normal stream.

The FF is a mediocre gun compared to older ones, but It's probably the best of the new ones (except, perhaps, the Blazer). I like it for its feel. It's very balanced and comfortable to hold. It's incredible when you drill out the nozzle. It gives you a whole new reason to use the regular stream.

Just a small note, try to avoid making topics that have been covered before. An example of this is the old, "The new guns are junk!! Sign my petition for more powerful guns!!!!!!!" If you have something new to say on the subject, which in this case you did, it's OK. Just be careful about it. :;):
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:59 am

I own a FF, and yes, it is good gun for its size, but it isn't as good or as bad as you are saying.
To me, it is quite light and I use it as a backup gun, along with my CPS 1700 (Which is a much better main weapon)
10 to 15 pumps is not that many when compared with other guns.
Yes the huge blast of water is a great close-combat weapon, but it isnt fantastic.

There have been a few other topics that were almost exactly like this one. I'd suggest not starting your own about the same thing, but if you must rant, then find the old topic and post there.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:45 am

I won't buy anything off eBay.

GGN out

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:46 am

and i wanted to find better guns with this more than anything.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:48 am

@WaterNapoleon: please do not double post, especially when your posts are short and only 1 minute apart. Use the 'Edit' function instead.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:07 am

The FF's range is rather disappointing, but then again it's probably meant to be used as a shotgun in most cases, or as a decent light assault weapon/backup. My FF's main trigger broke and got stuck open however, which shouldn't surprise me anyway since a bunch of others have had theirs do that. Overall, they just should've made the FF nozzle a bit smaller and the main stream a bit larger, and definately should've done a much better job designing the triggers. (I haven't had problems with my oozinator nor my Max-D 5k yet, but I got them a bit sooner than the FF, though the MD5k was already used)

If you like the flash flood, you don't want to miss out on the 1000 and 1500, they seem to have a similar (if not better) power to size ratio and shoot considerably farther than the FF.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:16 pm

Is the Flash Flood a CPS type blaster or not?

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:32 pm

Yes, it is a CPS type blaster because it has a rubber bladder for the water. However, note that its power is very weak compared to the actual CPS-line blasters of lore.

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:33 pm

So can it be K-modded?

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:02 pm

Well, yes. Except that K-modding involves putting balloons on spherical bladders; the FF has a cylindrical bladder, where you use bicycle inner tubing (or latex rubber tubing/LRT, if applicable) to layer over the bladder. IMO, the FF would be a potent gun if you completely replace the bladder with a more powerful one, do a ton of reinforcements, add a nozzle selector to the FF special nozzle, and use an Aquapack/make your own backpack. But that's just me.

iSoaker.com, do you mind us talking about modifications here? Just wondering.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:47 am

iSoaker.com, do you mind us talking about modifications here? Just wondering.

No problem if members want to chat modding here. :cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:00 pm

Does Toys'r'us or Wal-Mart or some other store sell FFs this time of year? I don't want to lose a good gun and not be able to buy it back immediately.

Edited By WaterNapoleon on 1160694097

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:59 pm

I haven't checked recently, but I remember that last winter Amazon.com had amazing deals on some guns like the Pre Chargers series--for the previous year, that is. Of course, that would mean the Krypton would have had three rock-solid pumps, although most people could work around it. Still, you should definitely check now.