Usefullness of Splat Blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
MackB

Usefullness of Splat Blaster

Post by MackB » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:27 pm

Who out there has actually used the Splat Blaster in combat. I cannot find a use for it!!! For Soakfests, it doesn't dish out a lot of water. For 1HK (3 in. water mark), it's not a concentrated enough stream, unless you're right on the person.

When I play CTF or 1HK and want to go in heavy I take my CPS 2700 or maybe even the Splashzooka. When I want to go lighter I take my MAX D 6000 or XP150. I've been tempted to grab the Splat Blaster but have always left it behind for fear of coming up short while using it.

Has anyone out there had success with it???

Link to primary Water Warriors Splat Blaster discussion thread

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:02 am

Though the idea is nice, its lack of output is the Splat Blast's major downfall. Combine this with its reduced range due to it's spreading blast and it feels underpowered. However, it is meant as a single-pump-stored-single-shot blaster. For me, I've found it useful primarily as a back-up/last-resort/extra-shot soaker. As it has a strap and doesn't weigh much, I've had it during a couple of light battles. Though it doesn't see much action, I've still found it useful in close-up or cornered situations. Pulling forth a second blaster that can be shot quick has been enough to distract an opponent long enough for me to either make a run or reposition myself.

For 1HK games, it's lack of range would be problematic if it's your sole blaster, but can prove useful as a close-combat back-up. For all-out soak-fests, it's lack of output reduces its usefulness. That's my thoughts on it, anyhow. I hope they make a larger-output version of it. The concept is good; just needs some adjusting.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:55 am

Like Isoaker stated, I believe the Splat Blaster to be a good backup weapon. Something to get you back to your main gun or a refill. In this instance, it'd be especially good in a 1HK game (IMO) because of its close-range power.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

MackB

Post by MackB » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:18 pm

Thanks for the response guys.

I usually don't carry a backup weapon. The times I did think about doing it, I would reach for the SplatBlaster then change my mind. Even though it is light, it didn't even seem worth the hassle of having it on my back compared to it's output capacity. Maybe I'll try it next time.

What I wish that Buzz Bee would do would to give the Splat Blaster a one shot like the Flash Flood's. Instead of a lever on the Blaster you could just make it a pump action shotgun, if need be. It would seems easy enough to make. You can keep the same overall water capacity just increase the firing chamber capacity.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Yes, but then you wouldn't have "rapid-fire" capability as with shotguns. Use this gun pretty much only in very closed and small battlefields, and ones where you can spring surprises and ambushes at close range.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:58 pm

I've always found this gun kind of amusing. It's marketted as a shotgun, yet it's lever action. Sort of a mix-and-match type thing goin' on there.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:53 pm

Hasn't it been compared to or possibly designed after a shotgun in Terminator 2 (which I haven't seen, so I wouldn't know)? What's far more interesting to me is the fact that they had an opportunity to make a passable pump-action shotgun imititation because it conveniently happens to be a soaker, but instead they did something else. Perhaps that's what you're referring to.

A change in the modeling of any pump-powered soaker would give you a pretty good shotgun, except that it shoots when you pump. It seems like a waste to allow for only one pump and then a shot afterwards--at least allow for 2-3 pumps (the Argon handles that well, and even the 2005 Xenon wasn't too hard with 3 pumps), or make a ch-chk sound when you pump. :;):