eBay Related Poll

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.

eBay Related Poll

Non Painted CPS 2000
80%
Painted CPS 2000
20%

Total votes: 10

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:29 pm

Which would you prefer? Cause I kind of want to sell my CPS 2000 on eBay. I've never seen one painted sold so I was wondering if there is a demand for one.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Peter MJ

Post by Peter MJ » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:01 pm

I think it will probably sell, but not at the high prices we have seen over the last couple of months. People tend to go for non-modified guns sooner than painted/modified ones. Furthermore, I would wait a while if you do decide to offer it for sale on eBay, as it is currently being flooded with a variety of CPS-based guns (I saw several Monster X's, a NIB Monster XL and an assortment of other guns including a CPS2000) so prices are going to be under pressure and will probably not reach the absurd heights one has come to expect. One pleasant (or, if you are a seller, unpleasant) effect of high prices is increased supply... As soon as this flood resides, prices will probably rise again. :suspicious:
People get to observe me once, right before they are hit by twin water beams...

Don't believe me..? Look behind you...

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:16 pm

Peter MJ wrote:I think it will probably sell, but not at the high prices we have seen over the last couple of months. People tend to go for non-modified guns sooner than painted/modified ones. Furthermore, I would wait a while if you do decide to offer it for sale on eBay, as it is currently being flooded with a variety of CPS-based guns (I saw several Monster X's, a NIB Monster XL and an assortment of other guns including a CPS2000) so prices are going to be under pressure and will probably not reach the absurd heights one has come to expect. One pleasant (or, if you are a seller, unpleasant) effect of high prices is increased supply... As soon as this flood resides, prices will probably rise again. :suspicious:

The prices go down as summer goes on... and there hasn't been a 2000 on ebay (except for the surrent one) for a while... But you could be right there. But I wouldn't wait long. I'll sell while there's still people willing to pay $300 for a CPS 2000. :goofy:

I would definitely prefer a non-painted one. The CPS 2000 is as much a collector's item as a extremely useful and powerful water weapon.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:29 pm

As a general rule, everything deviated from a good original will decrease the price. Buyers don't know if a modded gun is instable or if some is wrong with it. Also paint jobs look not factory like. And collectors won't be that interested in no-authentic items anyways, and they are the one who dish out $200. painting a soaker is only good if you want to hide brutal cosmetic damage.

I have seen a CPS 2000 painted partialy black sold for $60 in Winter. But since its winter, its hard to know if the low price is seasonal or the papint job.