liquidator mod? - I just got a Liquidator...

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Thu May 11, 2006 8:32 pm

Just a couple of minutes ago I got a liquidator and am pleased with it except for one thing,it hardley holds any water and I'd like to increase its water capacity. any ideas?
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri May 12, 2006 8:44 am

The best way to increase a Liquidator's water supply is to design and create a good extra water bottle system so you can refill it in the field. Trying to expand a pressurized-reservoir blaster to hold more water, especially on a small soaker like the Liquidator, isn't worth the effort, IMO.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

FinalFantasizer

Post by FinalFantasizer » Mon May 15, 2006 6:18 pm

Just a couple of minutes ago I got a liquidator and am pleased with it

Ouch.
Armory:

CPS 12000
CPS 21000
CPS 27000
CPS 12000 (in the works)
CPS 3000 (w/ MI:Overload Backpack)
CPS Splashzooka
SC Big trouble
XP 310 & 270
MI Flash Flood
MI Overload
Douchenator

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 15, 2006 7:51 pm

FinalFantasizer wrote:
Just a couple of minutes ago I got a liquidator and am pleased with it

Ouch.

Why 'ouch'? The Liquidator is a decent pistol-class soaker with nice balance. If you're going to be critical, at least give some reasons.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:27 am

When I said Im pleased with it I didnt mean it as "Im gonna go charging against someone using a cps 2000:laugh:
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Peter MJ

Post by Peter MJ » Thu May 18, 2006 7:29 am

I wouldn't suggest taking on a CPS2000 with a Liquidator either, unless you are really fast :). The Liquidator is a nice piece of equipment, either as a back-up or for sniping at lightly armed opponents. For these tasks, a Liquidator functions reasonably well (though I prefer the Triple Shot if you are comparing handguns for its greater versatility), however to completely mod this gun would be somewhat useless. One would have to completely redesign the tank area, which might be doable but seems a bit extreme, considering that higher capacity Soakers can be easily obtained. If you want higher capacity, a custom backpack might work, or constructing some sort of backpack “refillstation” to improve the water supply might do the trick. Still I can’t help but think that obtaining for example the backpack version of the Flash Flood might in this case be easier if you wish to commit the financial resources.
People get to observe me once, right before they are hit by twin water beams...

Don't believe me..? Look behind you...

FinalFantasizer

Post by FinalFantasizer » Fri May 19, 2006 4:35 pm

Why 'ouch'? The Liquidator is a decent pistol-class soaker with nice balance. If you're going to be critical, at least give some reasons.

True, it is decent for a weapon of it's size, but pistol class weaponry is pretty ineffective (unless you're having a "pistol class" war, which does not deserve to be called a "war"). Also true is the fact that this opinion comes from a biased source;I'd rather have Flash Flood as, my "pistol class" weapon.

Edited By FinalFantasizer on 1148074593
Armory:

CPS 12000
CPS 21000
CPS 27000
CPS 12000 (in the works)
CPS 3000 (w/ MI:Overload Backpack)
CPS Splashzooka
SC Big trouble
XP 310 & 270
MI Flash Flood
MI Overload
Douchenator

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 19, 2006 5:58 pm

Pistols are only ineffective if you know how to use anti-pistol tactics well with a larger gun. And that assumes that you know how the enemy will try and counter that, and that you know how to counter the enemy's counter. ??? If you have a good understanding of the psychological game that is water warfare, you can sweep aside any pistols you encounter. In the inverse, you could do the same with the pistol vs a 2000, but it is more difficult and you better have a less astute enemy. :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Thu May 25, 2006 2:42 pm

Liquidator is a good gun for it's size, but don't go nuts.

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Fri May 26, 2006 5:54 pm

The liquidator seems like a nice gun for a scout. If someone is good at concealing themselves, it's not a very good idea to supply them with a huge gun. It's size might give them away. Anyway, back on topic. The easiest way to increase the liquidator's water supply is to buy an aquapack.
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:54 pm

I don't think you can buy an aquapack for a liquidator. The aquapack is for the 2006 MI line, which includes the Defender, the Flash Flood, the Helix, and the Overload. I think thats all anyway. :soakon:

_roughstriker_

Post by _roughstriker_ » Fri May 26, 2006 10:11 pm

but.... it does..... it shoud at least

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 26, 2006 10:20 pm

You can modifiy it to accept the backpack. Then again, I wouldn't consider a Liquidator worthy of the mod.
The liquidator seems like a nice gun for a scout. If someone is good at concealing themselves, it's not a very good idea to supply them with a huge gun. It's size might give them away

It would be a nice gun for a scout, but if you've got good hiders, you want them with your best guns. If they are on a scouting mission, and are in danger of being seen, they should attempt an ambush. If they have good guns, the ambush will scare the enemy back, and the guns will keep them at bay for long enough for the scouts to either continue to fight or retreat back to the rest of your team. There are two ways to do scouting: A-the usual, conventional way. B: the unconventional, unexpected way. Choice A is highly predictable and extremely typical, therefore it is not a good choice.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Fri May 26, 2006 11:21 pm

@Duxburian: Ah. I didn't have an ambush in mind, simply a mission to find the enemy and report back with information about the weapons they're using, any information they may have overheard, etc. However, in case of an ambush, a good gun would be important. As long as it doesn't expose you too easily.

EDIT2: Never mind. You're probably right. The Max Infusion aquapack is only compatible with the '06 Max Infusion guns. Pity... The site boasts a 40-foot firing range for the liquidator. (Of course, it's probably shorter. But that should still be larger than most of them.)

Edited By Maddermadcat on 1148704106
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!