Blazer vs. Flash Flood - Which do you prefer?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Blazer vs. Flash Flood - Which do you prefer?

Blazer
47%
Flash Flood
45%
Other
8%

Total votes: 38

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Most of us would agree that Flash Flood and Blazer are the two best guns that have been released in the last three years, but which do you prefer? I've heard people feel strongly for both and I thought I might as well gauge it with a poll. If you think that there's a different gun that is better than the two I've listed here, please say so in your post and vote "other" (just make sure it came out in 2003 or later)! :crazy:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Tough one, since I haven't used either to any great extent in battle. But I'd probably say the Flash Flood. For one thing, it's easier to mod, if you so wish, and it has a large nozzle if you need it.

Mind you, I haven't used the re-released Blazer, so I don't know how that performs.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:25 pm

Spinner wrote:Tough one, since I haven't used either to any great extent in battle. But I'd probably say the Flash Flood. For one thing, it's easier to mod, if you so wish, and it has a large nozzle if you need it.

Mind you, I haven't used the re-released Blazer, so I don't know how that performs.
I've never used the old Blazer, but the re-released one works excellently. From what I've heard, the re-released one does outperform the original. Can't say for myself though! :crazy:
XP."

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:52 pm

I have both, and I like my Blazer better. If you can find a CPS 4100, that might be better. I would have to say the Blazer is the best current soaker, though.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:57 pm

I also have both, and I like my Blazer much more. It has bigger nozzles, longer range, better PC capacity, etc etc etc. The only problem with mine is the nozzles shoot funny because the trigger valve doesn't open all of the way. I'm returning it though with high expectations for a properly working version. I liked my FF, but other than the FF nozzle it feels like a pistol, and I don't have much of a use for an over sized pistol. :p

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:06 pm

I don't think that its much of a contest. The Blazer is far Superior in every way exept for the lack of a riot nozzle. The tank is larger, it has more distance, longer shot time, more nozzles, more durable... those advantages start to add up. The Blazer is the closest thing nowdays to a CPS 1000 or CPS 1200, while the Flash Flood is the closest thing to a SC 500 which have been hailed as Crap-CPS pre 2003.

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:20 pm

I have the FF, but it seems rather obvious that the Blazer is better. I will, of course, buy one, if I see it in stores. For all the reasons stated above, I placed my vote with the Blazer. Good job Zoccoz, you made me decide. (After reading your last post, it wasn't hard.)
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:46 pm

I must say the Blazer has always sounded superior, so I voted Blazer. I'll be stopping by to get a 2006 FF at Target this week, so then I'll know for sure.
I don't think that its much of a contest. The Blazer is far Superior in every way exept for the lack of a riot nozzle. The tank is larger, it has more distance, longer shot time, more nozzles, more durable... those advantages start to add up. The Blazer is the closest thing nowdays to a CPS 1000 or CPS 1200, while the Flash Flood is the closest thing to a SC 500 which have been hailed as Crap-CPS pre 2003.

Good, there, you summed it up real well. I agree with every one of your statements.

I will, of course, buy one, if I see it in stores.

It's been known to be really hard to find Blazers in stores. K-Mart is your best chance, and Wal-mart is second. You might find some other store that has 'em. But Wal-mart didn't have any for me, and there isn't a K-Mart in Silicon Valley anymore, since they all sold out to Kohls. Amazon is your best choice, if you're willing to buy there.

Edited By Hannibal on 1145407827
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:48 pm

m15399 wrote:I have both, and I like my Blazer better. If you can find a CPS 4100, that might be better. I would have to say the Blazer is the best current soaker, though.
I have all three (4100, FF & Blazer) and I was just wondering what people prefered.

By the way, do you guys consider FF a pistol? I've always classified it as a small assault rifle and reserve pistols to Storms, small Water Warriors (Hornet, ect) and very small Air Pressure Super Soakers (XP 220, MaxD 3000). I have a hard time even considering XP 240 and Liquidator pistols! Pretty much anything that takes two hands to comfortably hold is a rifle in my book.
XP."

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:54 pm

Is this "Soaker" terms or real world terms? The FF is a large pistol is real world terms. The CPS 2000 is a rifle, and the MXL a heavy rifle. WBL's are cannons in those terms.

But the "soaker" terms nowadays place the FF at a small-medium rifle, the Blazer a light cannon, and the 4100 a light-medium cannon. The MXL would be a super-heavy cannon.

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

DX

Post by DX » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:06 pm

"Soaker" terms are largely contested. I would never call anything other than a water balloon launcher a cannon, and personally think any light gun [a lot of guns are light to me] is a pistol, with guns such as the CPS 2500 rifles.

No two people have the exact same classes when it comes to water guns, and it is better that there is no universally accepted system, because it would be impossible to have everyone accept one. :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:03 pm

Duxburian wrote:"Soaker" terms are largely contested. I would never call anything other than a water balloon launcher a cannon, and personally think any light gun [a lot of guns are light to me] is a pistol, with guns such as the CPS 2500 rifles.

No two people have the exact same classes when it comes to water guns, and it is better that there is no universally accepted system, because it would be impossible to have everyone accept one. :p
Yeah, those are "real world" terms. I tend to think in terms of the "soaker" terms I outlined above, just because it helps to classify things, not because I particularly like the terms in themselves. You immediately know what you're up against when you have a classification system, regardless of how it is laid out. Of course, knowing every soaker ever made helps even more. :goofy:

"snap!"

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:13 am

Blazer hands down. Now that I have got a Blazer I don't really want to waste my money on a Flash Flood again. If the main stream on the Flash Flood was somewhere between 2 - 3x, then it would be good, since you'd be able to conserve fairly well and still soak at the same time if the Flash Flood nozzle wasn't an option to you, but no, you've got a 1x stream that barely soaks (believe me, it doesn't, using it in a battle when I had one the main nozzle didn't do much at all, and the only reason why the opponent got wet was because of the Flash Flood nozzle, which you can't really rely on all the time).

There are loads of advantages the Blazer has over the Flash Flood, durability (pump, trigger, and just in general), performance (the middle nozzle is very good, gets good range) and a load of other things like a bigger firing chmaber and much better conservation options. Its also cheaper than the Flash Flood and more worth your money.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:13 am

I voted Flash Flood becaus it is the second CPS gun in three years and I like the Flash Flood nozzle.

freak

Post by freak » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:14 am

Blazer all the way. My only problem with Blazer is the pump; It really easy to pump, But it takes some time to fully pressurize.

Besids that, it's pretty good soaker.
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

arkracer

Post by arkracer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:55 am

I wuv my cute yickle triple shot. Awww, he's so adawable!

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:23 pm

you know, i know the the blazer can out preform an FF, but i just cant give up my FF, i mean ive even made it my icon :p
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Peter MJ

Post by Peter MJ » Fri May 19, 2006 12:59 pm

I recently acquired a Blazer (original version, they did not have the updated one), and while it performs relatively decent for a light gun, it has some major flaws that prevent me from recommending it to people. First of all the grip area is so small I can't even fit my hand in there properly. That is one big disadvantage that really gets on your nerves if you have big hands. I do not know if things are better with a Flash Flood (don't own one), but that is something Buzz Bee Toys REALLY needs to fix. :( Secondly, while the electronic pressure gauge is cute, the activation switch is mounted on the most horrible place possible. One constantly activates it while simply holding the gun, draining battery life. Range is decent, power on the low side, especially in comparison to older CPS models. The nozzle modification on the newer model is in my opinion not a bad thing, as the myriad of simple nozzles on the older model does not serve any practical purpose. Three normal nozzles, “small”, “medium” and “large”, a fan nozzle and a differently shaped one would have been nice. The nozzle change on the remake is already a good start, but there is room for improvement. The Blazer is a reasonable first attempt, but one that could massively benefit from some modifications in layout, trigger grip space and output power.
People get to observe me once, right before they are hit by twin water beams...

Don't believe me..? Look behind you...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri May 19, 2006 1:29 pm

Well, Buzz Bee Toys added in a fan setting and increased the range of nozzle sizes on the improve d Blazer. The handgrip size and electronic pressure gauge trigger are two things I've also noted to 'Big Bee' on things that could/should be improved. Personally, I'd prefer a upper/lower trigger set-up, but then again, I'm biased as I use liquid handlers with that sort of trigger arrangement.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri May 19, 2006 2:25 pm

While most people did go with the Blazer, I'm having a hard time deciding. While it's true that the Blazer beats the Flash Flood in many ways, the FF has a higher output and is more intimidating. They both have water conserving nozzles and soaking nozzles, but the Blazer has a waaaaaaaaay better shot time on it's nozzles. In my opinion they make quite an even match.