Water Warriors Krypton 2006 review - GREAT!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
scorpion

Water Warriors Krypton 2006 review - GREAT!

Post by scorpion » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:27 pm

The 2006 Krypton is a great gun. Its exactly what I have been looking for. From what ISoaker said, The 2005 one was very hard to pump. That is NOT the case with the 2006 kryptin. It takes five pumps that are VERY smooth and easy.
Its shot time is good for a 6.oz pc. It's streams sizes vary from small to one that is simallar to the Aquapack Devastator's and a large nozzle(basically the 05-06 lightning nozzle selection). When pumping I sugest you hold the grip in front of the trigger so that annoying preasure gauge does not rub against your hand. Overall it is a great addition to my armory.

Stats:
pumping:
Pumps to precharge: 13
Pumps for charge:5
Range:
nozzle 1: 30'
nozzle 2: 40'
nozzle 3: 40'
shot time:
nozzle 1: 9 sec
nozzle 2: 5 sec
nozzle 3: 1 sec
size: 25" long
Overall: 9.5

Pros: low amount of pumping that is easy. good range and nozzle settings for gun of this size.

Cons: preasure gauge actavator is uncomfortable.

Edited By scorpion on 1144440895
AXE BOMB!!!

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:33 pm

Where did you get your Krypton? I SO want one. And in what area do you live?

And by the way good review! But one question:

nozzle 3:40"

Only 40 inches? That's really bad. :(

Oh, and I was a little confused on your nozzle labeling. I saw this: 3:40. Is is a time? :goofy: A space in there might make things easier to understand.

Edited By Hannibal on 1144438540
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:13 pm

I have seen it in two different K-Marts.
AXE BOMB!!!

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Only 40 inches? That's really bad. :(

Um, he made a typo. It's supposed to be 40 feet.

Judging by what's being said about the 2006 Krypton, I might get one. One interesting thing to note is that the original version took 13 pumps to precharge, yet the new version with half the pump volume also takes 13 pumps. Perhaps the initial precharged pressure has been reduced?

Edited By sbell25 on 1144441186

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:17 pm

scorpion wrote:I have seen it in two different K-Marts.
Cool! I'll have to ask my grandparents, who live real near a K-mart, to get me one for my birthday. Or, alternatively, I could get one next time I'm down at their place.

Interesting that the nozzles are similar to the Lightning. I need one of those, too. :goofy:

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:30 pm

It sounds like BBT did a good job at reducing the stiff-pumping problem with the first generation Krypton. If/When I see one, I'll pick it up and check it out, too.

@scorpion: may I repost your review on iSoaker.com?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:45 pm

isoaker_com wrote:It sounds like BBT did a good job at reducing the stiff-pumping problem with the first generation Krypton. If/When I see one, I'll pick it up and check it out, too.
Yeah, the Krypton sounds real good now, with the improved pumping. I just hope I can find one...

I wish more stores stocked WW guns. They're better than their Super Soaker alternatives.

"snap!"

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:16 pm

@scorpion: may I repost your review on iSoaker.com?
Sure! Go right ahead.

Also after typing the review, I tested the gun again and it only took four pumps to get a charge instead of five. Also I recamend that when you precharge the gun ,that you turn it upside down. I also bought a splat blaster today. I will review it sunday. To put it short That thing is freakin Awesome!

Edited By scorpion on 1144462841
AXE BOMB!!!

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue May 02, 2006 11:05 pm

Yes, if the PreCharge time is the same, then there must be less pressure in the PreCharge compartment. However, anybody could have done this with the old one, as iSoaker said in the official review, by partially filling the water compartment with water first.

Now, people who like high performance (mostly modders and homemade builders) like I do cannot keep the Krypton at a high PreCharge setting. We'll have to freeze the check valve to do that.

Then again, I could just get one of last year's overstock Kryptons; it's just 5 or 10 dollars at Amazon. Not a bad deal...

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed May 03, 2006 12:44 am

They have several isles of Kryptons at my local Wallmart. With $27.99 CAN its more expensive than the Blazer which is $19.99 CAN. I wonder, for people who have both new versions, how do they match up? Isn't the Blazer still not abit stronger?

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1146635121

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed May 03, 2006 10:26 am

The Blazer has got to be better. The Krypton doesn't have as many nozzles or even close to the PC size of the Blazer. Of course, the fact that the Krypton holds 3L of water isn't bad...

"snap!"

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:02 am

One area where the Krypton beats the Blazer is in stream pressure. The Blazer's streams feel a bit weak, and move kind of slowly, but the Krypton's streams move quite fast and have a lot more power to them. At least, that's how it was on my '05 Krypton, don't know if it's the same for this year's version.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu May 04, 2006 9:08 am

sbell25 wrote:One area where the Krypton beats the Blazer is in stream pressure. The Blazer's streams feel a bit weak, and move kind of slowly, but the Krypton's streams move quite fast and have a lot more power to them. At least, that's how it was on my '05 Krypton, don't know if it's the same for this year's version.
Yup, that's the same thing it is with my Flash Flood versus Blazer. The Blazer shoots 5-10 feet further than the FF, but the FF has much more power behind the stream. I'll be returning my FF and Aquapack to Target and using the money to buy a better soaker that doesn't collapse on itself. I'll probably get a CPS 1000, but I'm getting off topic. Of course, I would pick up a Krypton if I actually saw one in a store.

"snap!"

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu May 04, 2006 7:13 pm

So, what's the consensus on the Krypton (05 or 06)? Is it better or worse than the Blazer? I like the Krypton, but it seems really bulky.

freak

Post by freak » Sun May 07, 2006 1:54 pm

SilentGuy wrote:So, what's the consensus on the Krypton (05 or 06)? Is it better or worse than the Blazer? I like the Krypton, but it seems really bulky.

As previously said, The Krypton has more punch two it's stream, But considering that in most casual water wars, the point of the game is two get the opponent wet, The Blazer is overall a better blaster for your money.

The Blazer sells for about $15 on amazon and $20 at Kmart. I believe that the Krypton cost $25 to $30 at various places

Edited By freak on 1147028189
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.