Douchenator Commerical

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:30 pm

This is a commercial we made for our TV class. We had to call it APOL cause I don't think we could get away with "Douchenator".
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:39 pm

Nice... Never seen the famed Douchenator cannon before, I'm quite impressed. I wouldn't wanna be that guy at the end though.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:23 am

While it said at the end "performed by trained professional", it somewhat looked like a random dude who got blasted in the back of the neck while he took a pee.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1144056393

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:35 am

What? No C.O.D. or personal cheques? :goofy:

Fun stuff, though I'm not sure I'd go around advertising all the other things that can be loaded and fired from this thing. Otherwise, nice little vid.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:19 pm

Wow, I've never seen the douchenator cannon in action either. And I'm not so sure about the credibility of that "trained professional" at the end.... ??? :crazy:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:02 pm

Thats pretty impressive! I do like the cards getting shot out, reminds me of a flak-cannon or something.

I want one!

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:46 pm

Never seen the famed Douchenator cannon before
Wow, I've never seen the douchenator cannon in action either

You haven't seen the
original movie we made on the Douchenator?

Or the 2nd movie we made? [soon to be on SM itself]

Anyway, the "trained professional" is our friend Mike, who volunteered to be the test subject. I made the balloons wrong [they didn't pop easily enough] so they hurt on contact, hence the scene at the end of the commerical and the whole 2nd movie.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:23 pm

Performed by a Trained Professional

Can any of you take a joke?
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Ultimate

Post by Ultimate » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:31 am

Duxburian wrote:
Never seen the famed Douchenator cannon before
Wow, I've never seen the douchenator cannon in action either

You haven't seen the
original movie we made on the Douchenator?

Or the 2nd movie we made? [soon to be on SM itself]

Anyway, the "trained professional" is our friend Mike, who volunteered to be the test subject. I made the balloons wrong [they didn't pop easily enough] so they hurt on contact, hence the scene at the end of the commerical and the whole 2nd movie.
Oh yeah... I have seen that before on NerfHaven. Good job. :holidaysoak:
Is... Is that urine, or water...? Uhh...

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:02 pm

Wow, that commercial is funny. :D

Also, I hereby second not wanting to be on the receiving end of that thing if the balloon happens not to break... iSc, THAT is some painful imagery. I wanna know how I can make one, although you (Dux) have already said you won't make that information available on a website.

Edit: (once again with the minute-later-edit...)
I thought you said you had taken that information off the web? (so it would not be available to your enemies.)

Edited By LtDan64 on 1144177543
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:38 pm

He took off the information on how to make it. Methinks his enemies have already had experience with it in its already assembled form.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:53 pm

We are thinking about revising the rules so that only a person properly trained can operate one in a war. You might have noticed something back online...

We are going to make better Douchenators than the instructions call for. In our battles, multi-shot capability would vastly improve usefulness [wink, wink].
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

zack13

Post by zack13 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:25 pm

what did you use to propel the projectiles? CO2 canisters?
grunt/captain

max d 6000 w/ cps balloon mod
stock max d 6000
ss defender

remember, everyone was a n00b at one point

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:55 pm

It's just air pressure, right? I saw Wetmonkey's 'nator in an older thread, and it had a bike pump in the picture. Oh, by the way, I really do want to make one myself this summer. I'll bug you for info later, Dux. (Just a heads-up) :p

100'th Post! :cps1000:

Edited By LtDan64 on 1144796206
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Yeah, it's just air pressure via bike pump. Why on earth would one waste money for CO2 and complex parts when the whole gist of the concept of said launcher is mobility and a cheap, effective design?