Water Warriors Recolours - 2006 Line-Up

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:44 pm

From what I know, the majority of the Buzz Bee Toys Water Warriors line has been re-coloured this year. Unfortunately, I don't have much more info on that. I do know the Lightning I saw had a white body with yellow trim and a darker bluish-purple tank. Other of the soakers also had white/off-white as the main body colour except for some (i.e. the Scorpion) that sports black, instead.

No pictures available yet, though.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:45 pm

My 2006 Blazer was supposed to come a few days ago but the delivery has been rescheduled for Marh 21. I'll tell you the Blazer recolor then.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:31 pm

FireFly if I can recall has a color scheme similar to the first Helixs. Man, I want a Blazer off of Amazon, but I'm waiting to see if it is last years, or if they changed them a little. Hope your package arrives on it's rescheduled date m15399.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:17 pm

It came! Pretty shweet. The smallest nozzle shoots for about 30 seconds, the fan blast is awesome (but the range sucks), and the second largest nozzle is just right for me. The biggest one looks like the Splat blaster's shot except not quite as large.

On to the recolors!
Blazer- Icy blue + white (like 2005)
Piranha- Green + white (quite cool, really)
Lightening- Blue + white

I'll take a pic of the back of the box now... Check back in 10 minutes!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:25 pm

Sounds good! Pics would be appreciated! Looking forward to images you can share.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:49 pm

Sorry, had to charge the camera for a few minutes.
And now the laptop battery is running out.
And now the internet is loading slower than a three year old running with a Monster XL...

I learned somewhere that you can upload files to archive.org for free with no bandwidth limits! I'm doing that now, and I would recommend you try it too!

On to the pic:
http://ia310135.us.archive.org/3/items/ ... CN1163.JPG
Sorry about the size... I was in a hurry to get it to you. :;):

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:04 pm

Pics of soakers and the kitchen sink (literally :goofy:)!

Thanks for posting the pic!

So many recolours... so little cash and storage space...

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:36 pm

That Phiranah is awsome looking. Might need to pick that up, I'm diggin the lime.

~SO
Can YOU dig it? :blues:
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:42 pm

Nice pic, there. iSoaker says the Blazer holds 63 ounces. The back of the 2006 Blazer box says it holds 94 ounces. Did they increase the water capacity? Or are they that off?

The 2006 Piranha looks good (my three siblings each have a 2004 Pirahna I gave them), but I am personally more inclined to the Lightning. iSoaker, are they reall identical? Or is the Pirahna better than the Lightning?

I am really curious to see what the 2006 Hydra Pak looks like. I hope they replaced that [too bright] yellow with something a little more camofluaged or appealing. The yellow is as bad as the CPS 3200 yellow- too bright.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:22 pm

I hope they make some range improvements on the Hydra Pak. 9m just doesn't cut it...

I believe the Piranha and Lightening are the same, just with different colors. You'll find that on a lot of BBT guns. For example, the Hornet and the Stinger are both the same, just dif colors.

I'm not sure about the capacity. I'll measure that when I do statistics on it.

freak

Post by freak » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:44 pm

Hannibal wrote:Nice pic, there. iSoaker says the Blazer holds 63 ounces. The back of the 2006 Blazer box says it holds 94 ounces. Did they increase the water capacity? Or are they that off?

The 2006 Piranha looks good (my three siblings each have a 2004 Pirahna I gave them), but I am personally more inclined to the Lightning. iSoaker, are they reall identical? Or is the Pirahna better than the Lightning?

I am really curious to see what the 2006 Hydra Pak looks like. I hope they replaced that [too bright] yellow with something a little more camofluaged or appealing. The yellow is as bad as the CPS 3200 yellow- too bright.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't hold 94 ounces. At least with mine. My Blazer burns water very fast, Though it does have a leak, I doubt the leak is that big.

I really like this years Piranha, But my local K-mart just closed. * Insert explicit word*
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:48 pm

When Water Warriors measure the capacity on their blasters, they count the total amount it can hold (main tank and pressure chamber). So you'd get 94oz if you overloaded it.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:49 pm

Well, it looks like after nearly 2 years I'm finally getting a Blazer. Thanks to Shop The States I just purchased one. The amount of money its going to come to all together isn't too bad.

I'm really looking forward to this one, its even better that is probably going to be the 2006 edition as well (although I don't really mind which version I get anyway).

If I like the Blazer (which hopefully I will and probably will), I may consider getting a Piranha, since the 2005 Lightening I have is really not in great condition.

For now, its just the waiting game for me, waiting for it to come when everything with shipping has been done.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:25 pm

I'm very happy with my Blazer. It doesn't feel like it's going to break in my hands *coughflashfloodcough* and the nozzles are great. The big nozzle feels underpowered, but it's still nice to be able to blast someone with. ;)

I did a quick range comparison, and the second biggest nozzle shoots the furthest (around 38 ft.) and the rest all shoot around 34 ft. I didn't measure, so don't take it literally. I was using the spot where my PPP shot to (40 ft.) for reference.

The second smallest nozzle has no real use for me, so I might take a hack saw and remove that whole section for a riot blast.

Guestimating:
Smallest: 1-1.5x
Second smallest: 2-3x
Second biggest: 4-5x
Biggest: 8-10x

Sorry, I'm not so good with those estimations because I've never shot anything more powerful than a Blazer. :p

^That will change soon.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:07 pm

Sounds good. I look forward to receiving my Blazer.

Sorry to go off topic here, but while I was at it, I happened to notice that the Piranha was on a massive sale of 47% off reduced to $5.29. I just couldn't resist and bought that too just now. Its so cheap to me for such a good gun from what I've heard! This brings a whole new excitement to me, because I am now starting to wonder whether it is the 2006 Piranha, or just the 2005 one like on the picture (the picture may not have been updated perhaps), either way, I don't mind which version I get.

Back to the Blazer, yes, sounds like the durability is good, which is great, since I have just realised after buying these that Water Warriors guns are much better value for money than new Super Soakers.

Anyway, if I'm going to talk anymore on this a new topic may as well be started, since this was about re-colours of the guns, which some people are talking about anyway but I'm obviously not doing much! :p

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:21 pm

I guess discussing the recoloured versions counts... Does it? :p

On amazon they have Piranhas for ~6 bucks. They are 2005 editions, though. The one that you ordered is probably a 2005 edition, too.

Now, if they put a belt clip on the stinger, then it would be the ultimate pistol. :cool:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:08 pm

The Stinger does have a belt clip, I have one, but I don't need it anymore, so I think I'll give it to a charity sale when one comes along unless someone else wants it.

Anyway, both my guns have been shipped to the US address I have with Shop The States, so things are looking up.

While I don't think I'll get the 2006 Piranha, I'm still happy with the 2005 version. The 2006 Piranha's colour looks really cool, reminds me of XP 55 colours a bit, and they are good.

Anyone notice how the 2006 Piranha and Stinger's colours are very much the same from that picture on the back of the Blazer's box.

Edited By Wild Boys on 1143234544

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:24 pm

Right now I'm waiting for the BB site to be updated. Haven't been to my local Wal-Mart in 2 months. Need to get there and check out the water guns. I'll probably have to order a Blazer form Amazon, because they don't seem to be stocked anywhere in stores. I'm wondering whether I need BOTH a Blazer and a Lightning, or just one, and which one, or if I should get both. I also need to decide if the Hydra Pak is worth my while, with its short range. I wonder if it was updated for 2006; that would be nice. And of course I need to know what the Scorpion is like.

BB is doing well this year. Super Soaker has no products I am interested in, but BB does, and lots. :cool:

Edited By Hannibal on 1143235503
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:44 pm

I really don't think its worth buying the new soakers anymore, its a waste of money to me paying for not very durable guns with pretty bad power.

Water Warriors is the way to go for for me now, and thanks to Shop The States it unlocked that door for me making me able to buy them easily.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:09 pm

I just got another email from Big Bee and he said the site will be updated in a week.
AXE BOMB!!!