Picture of the scorpion

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:38 pm

Dux, why do you really care about the range? It's not like it will shoot 65 feet or something. I'm hoping for something in the 35-40 foot range. But we'll see.

Sighs...the average range of my arsenal is 52ft, the gun with the shortest range that I actually use in battle is 50ft. Range is extremely important in our 1HK wars. Especially when you are expected to cover any and every position thinkable [commander, HWO, scout, skirmisher, sentry, the list goes on] and to score kills in a defensive stand-off. At my "ubiquitous" position you need at the minimum "good" range [40, 45ft.], preferably great range [45, 50ft] or excellent range [50, 55ft] or better yet insane range [60 and above].

Plus, I take a lot of shots and go through a lot of water. Having the charge run out during a key moment is something I could see happening. Our wars are 3 hours long, so you could go through the whole Scorpion tank 10 times and run out.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:37 am

Dux ain't the only one who cares about range. I, too, love using farthing hitting soakers. It's great when you can taunt your opponents with 'rain' while they can't even hope to return fire. Of course, in the water fights I'm usually involved in, range does come into play, but not as much as in Dux's battles. Thus, to me, it isn't as much of a necessity, though it's definitely appreciated when available. I'd like to see the standard stock soaker be pushed up to at least an average range of 40' or more.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:09 am

Same here, iSoaker. That's exactly what I want, range 40 feet and on. But it seems Dux is hoping the Scorpion has good range, when the Scorpion would never be useful to him in a 1HK battle. Dux, would you actually buy one if it got, say, 45 feet?
Plus, I take a lot of shots and go through a lot of water. Having the charge run out during a key moment is something I could see happening. Our wars are 3 hours long, so you could go through the whole Scorpion tank 10 times and run out.

So then why do you care about the range? The Scorpion would never be useful to you, it appears. I'm not trying to to bother you or something, but I don't see why you would even care about the range when the gun itself isn't what you want. You understand my point? To me, this looks pretty good. But I'm not too sure how useful it would be to you.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:42 am

I think Dux would have some interest in the Scorpion (or a future predacessor) if the range were at least 50'. While still needing refills and such, having a 'pumpless' soaker during one of his battles may still prove useful to him. Then again, I'm just speculating. Only he can answer what his desires in a soaker are.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:59 pm

Having a pumpless soaker might be useful. That is, if the system pressurizes it quickly. The way I use a tank of water is take a tap shot, pump back ~3 times, take a tap shot, pump ~3 times, etc. So I'm not sure if the system will be able to match this style of shooting.

If it hit 45ft I would consider getting it. It could be useful to me, but since no one has one yet to test, there's no way to find out yet.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:17 pm

Your expectations are too high. Get a grip on reality.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

freak

Post by freak » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:35 pm

NiborDude wrote:Your expectations are too high. Get a grip on reality.
My thoughts exactly. "45 ft."? "50 ft."? I highly doubt it would get more then 30-35 ft.

I will, however, almost definitely buy one. My battles, like most peoples don't last more then an hour or so. So, ten tank fulls would be plenty.

No, I think my deciding factor will be the pumping system.
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:47 pm

Nibor, the reality is he does have soakers that shoot 60+ feet. The 2000 (2500 too?) shoots 50, so what's wrong with hoping for 45? My wars are much lower key than Dux's, in fact other than Dux and the people he plays with, I doubt there are any groups that play the way they do.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:36 pm

Dux and I co-founded our group. I can understand why he likes long range weapons, I do too, but the fact is we are in a new era that does not see long range weapons. Sure, I hope for something that shoots upwards of 45-50 feet, but shooting down every gun that is made and saying that its a piece of crap gets annoying. He does this every year. He never has one good thing to say about any of the new guns. He never said that its a good thing we were re-introduced to CPS last year. Only thinking about range is narrow minded which will never get you satisfied. Sure, I may not get the Scorpion, but I am greatful for the new technology.

Edited By NiborDude on 1142980639
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

DX

Post by DX » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:53 pm

I live in the past and/or the future, rarely the present. You could say I hate and embrace change depending on the situation. I know it gets annoying that I am pessimistic about every gun every year, but I flat out don't like the current times and stock tech. Why do we always have to embrace every new gun, no matter how much it may or may not suck? Why be all joyful and happy when you really are not? I'm not about to heap praises on something that I honestly don't like.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:48 pm

I'm back, haven't posted in a while. :soakon:
scorpion wrote:Image

I am again dissapointed. The size of the gun is a bit small and the capacity probably isn't what I expect it to be. To me it looks like a pumped up version of the max-d 6000.

Notice the similarites.

Big Bee said " don't expect a large improvment in range this year," so I expect it to get 40' tops. The only thing I want to know now is the output. :cool:

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1142985548
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:30 am

I'm a little surprised that no one has yet had the opportunity to try this soaker out. I know I've been keeping my eye out for one, but new soakers in my area are only just now becoming more prevalent. Still no sign of 'Scorpions' on the shelves... pity.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:59 am

I may be getting the Scorpion in a trade soon if they come out in the person's area of whom I am trading with. I am looking forward to what it is going to be like from when other people get it and test it.

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:07 pm

I haven't seen it anywhere here. I will keep my eyes peeled.
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:19 pm

Yeah, but remember what BB said.
Big news for us is the Scorpion. It is a battery operated/diaphram system. Comes with re-chargeable batteries and shoots like a soaker, not piston operated blaster. 3 selectable nozzles. Price is a little high, so it is mostly being tested by retailers, very limited distribution, but if it is successful, it will open the door to bigger and better blasters." - Big Bee, 20051102

Notice the "very limited distibution." No one may find it the whole year.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."