what's your favorite tactic?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:41 am

What's your favorite tactic?
Mine is to(by the way this is a tactic used in the bush):go deep into the bush with lots of bottles of water and a portable QFD,set up a base by puting a tarp over some rocks, keep a lookout and set up some traps so when your enemy comes near they set off some traps and if you are hiding you can blast them from wherever your hiding!Whatever your tactic is make sure it's not like Han Solo in episode 4 of star-wars, kamakazeing to try and get those stormtroopers!

:cps1500:
you know those really annoying people? don't you just feel like soaking them?:cps1500:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:48 pm

This topic is too general and should be locked.

Edited By Veteran on 1089749303

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:52 pm

That's not a tactic...that's a strategy. :cool:
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:07 pm

There really is no "favorite" favorite strategy/tactic, sicne most can be countered. However members here do have a preferable tactic to use in a certain situation, or some dont use tactics at all.
_

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:51 pm

My prefered tactic is to split my force and try and catch the opposing team in a pincer move. This works great, especially if they don't know you've set it up.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:51 pm

I really don't have a favorite tactic... since any one tactic can be used in only a limited number of situations, saying I have a favorite would lead to disputes and how mine is ineffective in so many different ways.

Exodus

Post by Exodus » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:05 pm

Favourite tactic? I really don't know why you asked this, because tactics differ from war to war. You could have a great tactic then the enemy comes along and your "favourite tactic" is ruined. It's also not good to have a "favourite tactic" because if you use it too much, the enemy will realise what you are doing and find a way to counter it.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:15 pm

Instead of calling this a favorite tactic thread, it should be broader as a "favorite method of battling" thread. In that case, I enjoy defensive warfare, especially using the high ground such as hills and raise decks and patios. I get a longer range for my soaker that way but that's only effective for one-hit elimination games. Otherwise, I guess I don't really have a unique method of battling.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:36 pm

Exodus actually makes a very valid point. If you do have a favorite tactic, it's still not a good idea to use it over and over again. We all know the story of the boy who cried, "Wolf!" Using the same tactic over and over again will just make your enemy predict what you're doing and therefore use your own tactic to his advantage.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:02 pm

Exodus wrote:Whoops. I don't know what I did, but I can assure you I accidently posted twice somehow, and it wasn't to get my posts up.
What you should have done is edited that into your second post, further reducing useless posts. :;):

I typically will use the terrain to my advantage. Hills, trees, buildings, cars, and many other things when you are on top of will increase your range. Your opponents will have to fight gravity to hit you, while gravity is helping you. That is a pretty safe strategy to use because there is no real way to counter it other than water balloons and running away from whoever is doing it.

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:48 pm

Like in real warfare, the use of higher ground is one of the only tactics (or strategies if that's what some of you call it) that works time and time again. However, in water warfare, the range of soakers isn't nearly as long as the military weapons that have taken advantage of higher ground.

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:18 pm

I like to run at my target, blast them, and then run away howling like a banshee.

What? :p
"...Yes."

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:39 pm

Depends on the type of battle. In 1HK I, like Doom, I prefer to have control of the high ground. High ground may not be optimal for soaker range. but it gives water balloons quite a boost, an exeptional one if you are using a launcher.
I will take a position on a hill or one that is hidden and snipe away. Sniping and ambushes work many times over, eventually the enemy learns, but it may take them awhile. Splitting the team in an attempt to flank the enemy often works more than once as well. A combination of tactics is best, like splitting and setting up ambushes. Mix your tactics so the enemy has trouble determining which you will use.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:01 am

Do you all really do 1hk all the time? I don't really like that game type, you can win with soakertags against CPS>

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:10 am

I know you don't use the same one all the time.In fact I haven't even used that tactic because it's in winter in Australia and I can't get enough people to have water fights. :soakon: :cps2500:
you know those really annoying people? don't you just feel like soaking them?:cps1500:

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:47 pm

Soakologist wrote:Exodus actually makes a very valid point. If you do have a favorite tactic, it's still not a good idea to use it over and over again. We all know the story of the boy who cried, "Wolf!" Using the same tactic over and over again will just make your enemy predict what you're doing and therefore use your own tactic to his advantage.

On the other hand, they might not expect you to use the same game plan twice in a row.
Do you all really do 1hk all the time? I don't really like that game type, you can win with soakertags against CPS>

CPS blasters still have more range. The fact that CPS blasters are less affected by wind is another advantage.

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1089831168
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:17 pm

Well there is a point to 1HK, and tactics/strategies are vital for a victory. Soakfests become pointless when the enemy is completely drenched. I also have yet to even be hit by a soakertag versus my CPS's.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:19 pm

Well duh! Dux, we haven't even gone up against a soaker tag. But that doesn't matter. Even If we went up against a soaker tag, our cps guns would crush them.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:49 pm

If you had a battle that used soakertag (the actual tag this time) rules, then CPS soakers woudl have an advantage in that their streams would blow off the tag's faster. It's an alternative to 1HK, but it costs money to buy extra tags.

Triforce Elite

Post by Triforce Elite » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:46 pm

:cps3000: With the higher ground strategy wouldn't the stream split if you were too high?

Edited By Triforce Elite on 1089860059