Ammo Clips - Extra water readily available

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:35 am

This is something that I have done for my CPS 2100, and needs some fine-tuning. But it works for me, and will work for any large guns, but is less effective on blasters with a backpack unit or a small size.

You need:

2 lengths of Velcro, double sided.
2 500ml water bottles or smaller
Duct tape

Take filled 500ml water bottles and test place them on opposite sides of your blaster, so they would sit in a position as not to hamper you. Take one bottle off, then holding the other one in place, wrap the velcro around the blaster, strapping the bottle in place securely. Take a piece of duct tape, and cover any excess that remains. You'll see why.

Place the 2nd bottle and do the same thing. Make sure you do not interfere with the pump shaft. You're finished.

This is how it works. To use a bottle, jerk back on the the taped end of the velcro. You did this as an easy release tab to help pull the velcro. Use the bottle, and discard it and tighten the velcro so that it does not fall off, or if you have time, attach the empty bottle back to your gun.

Its that simple!
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:36 am

Sounds cool! I have to try that on my SC-600. Any Pictures?
ImageImage

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:07 pm

That's interesting, but why not carry bottles in your backpack instead? :suspicious: I'm not quite sure why you would want to attach them to the gun itself.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Well, It's definitely easier to reach and use. And it also leaves space in your backpack for other stuff. Then again, not everybody uses backpacks :;):
ImageImage

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:44 pm

Heh, I have never used a backpack before either. :D But I plan to soon, and I will put plenty of water in it. It just seems that the small amount of water isn't worth it, and it will not be balanced when you use one bottle but not the other. But I can see it your way too. :cool: To each his own. :soakon2:
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:57 pm

Lol.

I use a backpack full of twenty-five pounds of water bottles. I use the bottles on the guns because it makes it easier to reload in a firefight that to retreat and search for cover to reload.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars