"Made in the USA" - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:27 pm

I've been informed that the TV show, "Made in the USA", will be featuring Lonnie Johnson this Wednesday (9/21 @ 10/9 Central on the USA Network).. Check out the following links. I plan to post more information if/when I get more.

http://www.usanetwork.com/madeintheusa

http://www.usanetwork.com/series....ex.html

http://www.johnsonrd.com

Soakers on TV reality shows?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:45 pm

I am definatley going to watch that. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:08 pm

I'm going to get this on my DVR and put it up for everyone to download.

Thanks for the notice! :)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:17 pm

Doom wrote:I'm going to get this on my DVR and put it up for everyone to download.

Thanks for the notice! :)
If you could do that, that'd be schweet! I fear that while I'd like to, I don't believe I can get that channel up here in Canuck-land unless another channel is re-broadcasting the signal. :(

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:02 pm

Tonight's the night! For those who can watch "Made in the USA", please do and then let the rest of us know what you thought of it!

I'll try to find it, but I fear it isn't being re-broadcasted up here in Canada.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:50 am

Anyone manage to watch the TV show last night? If so, comments?

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:33 pm

I saw the first 10 minutes and i did not hear Lonnie Johnson's name at all. For all i know the show had nothing to do with him.

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1127417689
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:46 pm

I skimmed through my copy and saw all the parts with Lonnie. In the show, the contestants had a contest to win a short consultation session with Lonnie. I believe it was the classic "drop the egg without breaking it" problem they had to win. There also was a shot with him shooting a MXL earlier in the show.

During the consultation, they had a few interesting clips of Lonnie and the original device he had attached to the bathroom faucet! He also gave some good advice: don't give up with your invention! There's probably around 5 minutes total of Lonnie in the show.

I'm going to download the entire show (which will take an hour or more), remove all parts without Lonnie and then recompress the video. I'll also try to get a few stills if anyone is interested. ;)

Edited By Doom on 1127422043

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:21 pm

That's awesome! I don't have cable grrr. Does Lonnie still have anything to do with the new supersoakers being made?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:13 pm

Nothing was said at all about next year's Super Soakers or if Lonnie still has anything to do with Hasbro. All that was really said was the Lonnie was one of the most successful inventors and that he invented the Super Soaker. What is more interesting is the clips of him talking.

This also reminds me to record the history of toys on the History Channel. I saw Lonnie on that once before, but sadly I did not have a DVR at the time.

Pig Tails Boy

Post by Pig Tails Boy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:14 pm

I saw it and was disapointed. It had that short bit where he and a number of people were firing guns. He was shown blasting a MXL in front of some store fronts.

It could have had more of him I'll agree but it was a nice quick fix.

Ben, hope Super Soaker Central will be back up soon.

Maybe this time could be used to add water talk to the archives

Additional: they did show the Flash Flood and not an earlier model, I would assume Lonnie is still with it.

Edited By Pig Tails Boy on 1127438416
http://www.combatgrounds.com/page.php?id=46122

Cool game. Get massed and be happy!

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:26 pm

From what i remember Lonnie is still helping hasbro make supersoakers. :cool:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:58 pm

Ben, hope Super Soaker Central will be back up soon.

Maybe this time could be used to add water talk to the archives

I have been thinking much of the same for the past few minutes after hearing back from my host. It won't take long to make an archive. I made a test board and deleted some members and posts. All members without posts were removed, a spammer was removed, boring administrative posts were removed, etc. I think the hardest part will be moving all of these forums into a subforum.

In more related news, I'm downloading the episode as we speak. This will take several hours, and I'd imagine that it would take several more hours to remove the parts without Lonnie and then re-encode the video.

My DVR isn't one of the ones you see on TV. Instead, my father took a TV card and an old crappy computer and made one. This was much cheaper, in fact, the only thing we had to pay for was the TV tuner! The operating system was free (Linux) and so was the program (MythTV).

Pig Tails Boy

Post by Pig Tails Boy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:02 pm

Doom wrote:I have been thinking much of the same for the past few minutes after hearing back from my host. It won't take long to make an archive. I made a test board and deleted some members and posts. All members without posts were removed, a spammer was removed, boring administrative posts were removed, etc. I think the hardest part will be moving all of these forums into a subforum.

In more related news, I'm downloading the episode as we speak. This will take several hours, and I'd imagine that it would take several more hours to remove the parts without Lonnie and then re-encode the video.

My DVR isn't one of the ones you see on TV. Instead, my father took a TV card and an old crappy computer and made one. This was much cheaper, in fact, the only thing we had to pay for was the TV tuner! The operating system was free (Linux) and so was the program (MythTV).

Oh joy! Hopefuly someday the dead links and extint pictures will be removed or updated and, and, and...

Yeah well whatever. I found the 'pictures of yourself' thread and if only I had someone to take a picture of me lookin chill I could put something up. Plus all our pictures are backed up due to computer lobotimization.

WAIT, WAIT, I HAVE PICTURE!!! This is one I know you'll like!

Edited By Pig Tails Boy on 1127513488
http://www.combatgrounds.com/page.php?id=46122

Cool game. Get massed and be happy!