CPS 4100 trigger fell off

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
xfactor8

Post by xfactor8 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:43 pm

Please Help!
I was shooting my CPS 4100, but after a few shots after I pulled the trigger the whole trigger fell off! There's nothing else wrong with it, except that there's a hole where the trigger should be. I don't really want to buy a new one and was wondering if there was a way to fix this without opening the gun up, also. But if opening it up is the only way...it's better than having a useless gun lying around. Thanks for any support. And if you need pics I'll see what I can do.
Are you gellin'?
Y do U soak?
1 m 4 1337 pwn0r

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:12 am

Get some pictures, please.

I very highly doubt that there's a way to fix this without opening the water gun up. There could be some damage to the part the trigger slides on, which may have caused the falling off. I haven't heard any trouble with opening up Super Soaker CPS 4100s, but if you are having any trouble let us know.

Once the water gun is open, you should only have to place the trigger where it was originally!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:52 am

As Doom noted, pictures would be vital here for anyone to be able to offer specific advice.

If the trigger came off, it must have somehow gotten loose of the metal wire that leads from the trigger to the actual nozzle valve. If the plastic of the trigger is intact, I hope it has merely come loose as opposed to there being a problem with the trigger-rod. To repair it, you'd definitely need to open the blaster. As well, opening the blaster up will let you figure out what went wrong.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:48 pm

The same thing happend to me i overpumped my 4100 pulled the trigger and the trigger broke and fell out of the gun. I opted to take the gun back and start modding my cps 2100. I think opening the gun is the only way to fix the problem but don't be afraid to open the gun. I was worried about opening my 2100 but then i bought some task force brand precision screw drivers and now i can open up and put back together any gun i want. When you open the gun just put the screws on some duct tape or put them in trading card sleves like i did so you don't lose any screws.

:soakon:

Edit: So you don't put to much pressure on the trigger only pump the gun until the pressure gauge reaches the red part. That way you dont put alot of pressure on the trigger and cause it to break

:soakon2:

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1126813937
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:08 pm

The same thing happened to me, but the gun's back at my house, and I'm several hundred miles away...so nothing I can do; but I do hope you get yours fixed. I can model my repair off of yours. I don't have the trigger because it was lost in the woods.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

xfactor8

Post by xfactor8 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:50 am

OK, thanks for the help. I can't provide pics, but I'll try and open it up this weekend...do you think I should check-valve freeze and/or collosus mod it while it's open?
Are you gellin'?
Y do U soak?
1 m 4 1337 pwn0r

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:27 pm

You could cvf the 4100. But i would not take the risk of doing either, since the cps 4100 is a great gun i would not risk breaking it. If you are looking for a gun to mod try to get a cps 2100 mk3 those are great for modding, because they are easy to open.
:cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

CPS

Post by CPS » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:38 pm

You could bring it back to the shop you brought it from if it is new
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:21 pm

No don't unless they still have cps 4100's in stock. If so exchange it then reinforce the trigger so it does not brake again. :cool:

DX

Post by DX » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:05 pm

Actual risk of breaking a gun while modding is rare. I have never broken a gun during the mod process. And if you exchange the 4100, get a Mark 1 which does not have a weak trigger. My CPS 4100 had a fatal trigger valve error that cannot be fixed. The 4100 is overrated IMO because of the repairs it may require. Plus, you cannot open the trigger valve because of the way it is setup, meaning a serious trigger valve problem is fatal.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:10 pm

Uh they don't make the mark 1 anymore. I have looked at many cps 4100's all in the soakertag box and have not found a single mark, 1 remember they stopped making the mk1 in 2003.

xfactor8

Post by xfactor8 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:36 pm

[color=#000000000]Thanks for your help, but we took it apart today and found the trigger that's outside the gun broke off of the rod thing that's inside, and it can't be fixed (unless someone know a way). :( But we emailed Hasbro and told them about it, and they said they're maling me a gun of equal (or lesser) value. I think it'll be an Aquapack Devestator. Guess I'll have to use my XP310 till then...and change my avatar pic.[/color]

Edited By xfactor8 on 1126989457
Are you gellin'?
Y do U soak?
1 m 4 1337 pwn0r

xfactor8

Post by xfactor8 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:15 pm

[color=#000000000]A few days the packaged arrived, and I was surprised that it wasn't even a water gun, but a nerf gun. That stinks, because I only have two [water] guns now since the 4100 broke. And they aren't in any stores any more.[/color]
Are you gellin'?
Y do U soak?
1 m 4 1337 pwn0r

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:22 pm

xfactor8 wrote:it wasn't even a water gun, but a nerf gun
A nerf gun! You have got to be kidding me, Hasbro has gone to the dogs now. Hasbro is a big company they make tons of stuff, it would'nt kill them to send you another water gun. But no, stupid Hasbro is so cheap that they send a nerf gun instead. That nerf gun they gave you had better been the best damn nerf gun they ever made. :angry: